Relationship

Our foundation to establish a relationship is predictability. We need to know or have a reasonable expectstion of reaction to our action/behavior. We are more secure even if we know the reaction is of a negative nature than if it is unknown.
Said that to say that in our perceived relationship to God we try to put a handle on it, in fact the whole point of s theological exercise is to establish a handle. But we know we can't understand God. Satan/Lucifer as great as he was/is is not able to understand God. If then our 'relationship' to God is simple obedience, it cannot fall in the same framework as our earthly relationships. It then must fall into a higher category, 'we were known before the foundation of the world '. Our relationship is then not based on a 'give and take' but a predetermined foundation. To realize this puts at rest all argument because how can we argue about anything that we really don't know anything about. Again, we simply need to believe and He will work everything out.

Our foundation to establish a relationship is predictability. We need to know or have a reasonable expectstion of reaction to our action/behavior
Is this perhaps a way to say trust?
I feel trust is a essential part of the foundation of any good relationship.
Again, we simply need to believe and He will work everything out.
Dear 2404
Thank you for this study on the importance of trust and faith in both our personal lives, and in our relationship with the Lord. I agree completely and feel that belief rests on trust and faith.

God bless you.

Proverbs 3:5​

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Psalms 9:10​

10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Joshua 1:9​

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Back