Religion vs Christianity

but a Christian is one who loves Christ with every fiber.
John 4:23-24
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Which can only be accomplished by the receiving the Spirit of truth - the Holy Spirit.

John 4:23-24
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Which can only be accomplished by the receiving the Spirit of truth - the Holy Spirit.

Glad you pointed that out!!!
2 John 1. To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth, 2 because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever:

(Jesus is the truth and the the Spirit of truth is is the Holy Spirit, whom Jesus said would live and abide in us forever)

• John 14:16-17, John 15:26,

and

2 John 4 I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father. 5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another. 6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

Last edited:
But many ignore the truth and couldn't walk in the spirit if their life depended on it. Makes you wonder if they even have the spirit...It's not automatic. Can a baby drive a car? The spiritual life follows the same as the physical. Most Christian stop growing after learning to waddle...

But many ignore the truth and couldn't walk in the spirit if their life depended on it. Makes you wonder if they even have the spirit...It's not automatic. Can a baby drive a car? The spiritual life follows the same as the physical. Most Christian stop growing after learning to waddle...

Sad but true.

That's why we need to pray for, encourage, admonish, and edify one another as a body.

...and ourselves grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ.

To Love Christ in how the Father loved his Son can only be done with the "love" that has been given to us by God the Father through His Spirit. The same is true to worshiping God. Only by His Spirit can we worship God. We are bankrupt in our own self's, we need God's help for everything.

John 17:26.. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

It is a matter of putting off the old man, and putting on the new man which after God is created in true righteousness and, holiness. (Eph 4:24) (Col 3:10)

To Love Christ in how the Father loved his Son can only be done with the "love" that has been given to us by God the Father through His Spirit. The same is true to worshiping God. Only by His Spirit can we worship God. We are bankrupt in our own self's, we need God's help for everything.

John 17:26.. I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

It is a matter of putting off the old man, and putting on the new man which after God is created in true righteousness and, holiness. (Eph 4:24) (Col 3:10)

Very good points to remember!! The fruit of the Spirit is LOVE!

So hard to love people i stuggle with this...pray for me my bros and sister's
We're glad to see you here. I'm sure you'll settle in quickly, but before you go ahead with full involvement within these forums, please read the information within the following two links; these will help you with your account, the rules etc.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/categories/your-welcome-pack.104/

http://www.christianforumsite.com/categories/getting-started-learn-how-to-use-your-account.101/

Should you have any questions, please ask any staff member who would be happy to assist.

Being religious is the doctrine of man and Christianity is being Christ like, following and agreeing with all the teachings of Christ. In a nutshell it's man teachings verses Christ teachings.

Very true. I think of Christianity as a relationship, not a religion. I don't spend time with my wife because I feel like I should, I spend time with her because I love her and love to be around her. Same thing with God and God's people. I worship God and fellowship with God's people because I love God and I love God's people.

Very true. I think of Christianity as a relationship, not a religion. I don't spend time with my wife because I feel like I should, I spend time with her because I love her and love to be around her. Same thing with God and God's people. I worship God and fellowship with God's people because I love God and I love God's people.
Amen the key in your reply is LOVE, if the core of our relationship with God is love then we are on our way to glory and being religious won't get us there but far away from that glorious place.

Abdicate your post here reminds me of this...................
They all received the new spirit when they got born again..........That is out of our control - However there comes a day we as children of God just like any other child Must come out of our Spiritual Pampers and walk in Him.........many are like 40 year old college students who still have their mommies feed them and get them up and dress them for the day...........
Really think about it.............

When we first become born again.....we cry out to God and Man o Man He is there and moves mountains for us..............then time passes and we find that all the crying out and bawling and copmplaining does not move God on our behalf and He does not come and cuddle us as He did when we were new borns into His family...........

There comes a time when we as beleiver need to stand on our own two feet and take Gods word and put it to work and this calls for beleiveing His spiritual truths...........however.......when They refuse to rid those spiritual pampers - They continue to use human understanding and reasoning with His word and so forth..........Well you get the picture............makes Our head go dizzy.jpg
God Bless
Jim

Abdicate your post here reminds me of this...................
They all received the new spirit when they got born again..........That is out of our control - However there comes a day we as children of God just like any other child Must come out of our Spiritual Pampers and walk in Him.........many are like 40 year old college students who still have their mommies feed them and get them up and dress them for the day...........
Really think about it.............

When we first become born again.....we cry out to God and Man o Man He is there and moves mountains for us..............then time passes and we find that all the crying out and bawling and copmplaining does not move God on our behalf and He does not come and cuddle us as He did when we were new borns into His family...........

There comes a time when we as beleiver need to stand on our own two feet and take Gods word and put it to work and this calls for beleiveing His spiritual truths...........however.......when They refuse to rid those spiritual pampers - They continue to use human understanding and reasoning with His word and so forth..........Well you get the picture............makes Our head go View attachment 2010
God Bless
Jim
Amen!

Back