“I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
that you have hidden these things from the wise
and prudent and reveals them to babes.
Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in your sight
.”
Luke 10:21

Religious people with the most knowledge are sometimes
the ones least responsive to God’s Word. Knowledge easily lead
to pride, and pride impedes us from seeking God.
Experiencing God Day-by-Day

Hello Bob;

I have conversations with religious people and for example, I'll share with them,

"I'm a babe of my Father and when I go to Him in prayer, I'll confess I don't understand Him, at times I don't know what He is doing with my circumstances, regardless, He is all sovereign, He does know what He's doing. I will sum it up with, I choose my God, I will trust Him and leave my finite mind at His feet keeping my argument in full reverence of God."

I attempt to be straight up with God and feel I can go to Him regarding everything, while keeping my heart in full reverence of Him. In His time He will reveal things to me along with correction or an uplifting spirit that brings resolve to me.

I'm sorry to say, but some who are religious did not know how to respond or align their knowledge. There has to be a discipline, to distinguish between knowledge and relationship with our Father.

God bless you, Bob and your whole family.

Hello Bob;

I have conversations with religious people and for example, I'll share with them,

"I'm a babe of my Father and when I go to Him in prayer, I'll confess I don't understand Him, at times I don't know what He is doing with my circumstances, regardless, He is all sovereign, He does know what He's doing. I will sum it up with, I choose my God, I will trust Him and leave my finite mind at His feet keeping my argument in full reverence of God."

I attempt to be straight up with God and feel I can go to Him regarding everything, while keeping my heart in full reverence of Him. In His time He will reveal things to me along with correction or an uplifting spirit that brings resolve to me.

I'm sorry to say, but some who are religious did not know how to respond or align their knowledge. There has to be a discipline, to distinguish between knowledge and relationship with our Father.

God bless you, Bob and your whole family.
Thank you for your response and your observations. I agree with your conclusion.

What is a 'religious person'?

Jas 1:26
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Or is it the matter because all mankind is made in God's image, by default is he 'religious'?

James 3:9 (NASB) With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God;

Colossians 3:10 (KJV)
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

What is a 'religious person'?

Last edited:
A religious person is someone who does something religiously, I think a lot of people equate christianity with catholicism and are surprised to learn that I don't do any catholic church stuff or follow strict rules or parrot what someone else says in the pulpit.

It's very hard to talk to a religious person about faith. They somehow assume it's something you have to work at or earn, and that God is someone you should either be afraid of or try to bribe.

Back