Reminiscing Jabez

Michael Collum

Inactive
Reminiscing Jabez

1 Chronicles 4:9-10

9 Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." 10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.

Psalm 119:32
I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

Matthew 13

18"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. 22The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

Jabez caused so much pain to his mom when being born he was named pain and lived a life of pain .. but pleaded to God .. that He enlarge his territory so he would not suffer through life . and God granted it . Jesus illustrated that the territory of the kingdom is our hearts and the hearts of others in whom the King indwells .

if you're having a hard time of it . and feel the burdens in your heart are too big for the space they are contained in .. ask that God enlarge your heart .

I remember Jabez prayer. he did ask for more space. Yes God granted him more space in his heart as his kingdom. I too kinda feel the same pain in modern times. In fact it hurts real BAD!! I cry a lot for my fellow brothers and sisters. I do ask God to enlarge my heart/kingdom so I can be more efficient in my prayers. This is a very good topic Michael. God Bless you sir brother/Gods Knight

Chili out.

Back