Removed from Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark 9:50 "Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other."

Stay salty, need i say more

NO!!! it doesn't!!

It says that those who deliberetly and publicly reject and/or rebel (public humiliation of Christ)against God though they have been accepted by him wil be rejected and can never be reconciled. That is a monumental differance, brother.
Don't go making it into something it isn't.

Paul did not set a presedent nor did he establish doctrine any where in his writings. He was imparting wisdom, giving clarification and guidence to those with whom he communicated.
As I said before ,there is eternal danger in falling away from Christ. This does say that one can be lost even though in Christ but for willful and specific actions and not common failure to abide in him, error or temporary unbelief.

It is my belief that those who are tuely in Christ and He in them will not publicly express doubt or rebel against Him, therefore not in danger of losing their salvation.

Sincerely His
Cliff
I hope you aren't getting angry. I really want a peacefull talk between brothers and sisters in Christ.

Hebrews 6 says that it is imposible to restore to repentance those who have fallen away, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

This says nothing about a public statement. Please don't make it into something it isn't. I think that when we walk in sin that we are walking on Jesus' face and denying what he did for us on the cross; delivering us from sin and making us a new creation. If we reject the life of Christ after accepting it, then try to go back to Chrsit, isn't that like trying to cruicify him again? We hold him up to contempt when we claim to be Christians but live in sin.

1 cor 3:12-15 has burning yet still saved

Sometimes people use the Coritnthians verse about our works being burned up but we ourselves being saved as a reason to belive that once we accept Christ, we cannot lose our salvation. I personally don't agree with that view or that interpretation of those verses. To me, salvation (until we actually leave our bodies) is a state of being. Its abiding in Christ. I kind of see it like we were drowning then were pulled out of the waves and into a boat. Or we were in a burning building and rescued. Sure we were saved, but if we go back in the fire won't we burn up? Or back in the water, won't we drown? Paul warns us not to be decieved. That people who live lives of sin will have no place in the Kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 Galatians 6:7 (read Galations chapters 5 and 6)
In regards to the Corinthians verses, i think they (what is burned up) is refering to the effectiveness of an (in this case) apostle in teaching the Gospel and training a chruch. If it is effective he recieves his reward but if the people turn away, his work is burned up but he is still saved. This doesn't seem to imply that if he himself lives a sinful life that he is saved, but that if when building a chruch he uses the "wrong materials" his work will come to nothing, but he will not be lost due to the failure of the Chruch. Please read the passage yourself and tell me what you think.
1 Corinthians 3:5
What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.

According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw-- each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple. Let no one deceive himself.

May God be with you!

Wow! I'm impressed! Usually I'm the lone Catholic that says OSAS isn't scriptural!

I do believe that through Christ, salvation is ALWAYS there for us...BUT, God also gave us free will. He will not force us to be saved. We must CHOOSE salvation by how we live.

Salvation in the Catholic Tradition is also a process. It is not a once for all time sort of thing... Ours starts with Baptism. From then on through the instruction of our Parents, and the Sacraments and our own free will as we become of age, we continually choose Christ. It's like getting to a point of belief through Faith which carries you for awhile. Then you get a deeper understanding of God's plan and it's almost like a reconversion - a deepening of your commitment to God.

I find my spiritual growth invigorating. I know that what I know now is still just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. There is more out there. God has planted a desire in me to know Him. But God knows best and He shows me what I can understand at the right moment. Then I grow in Faith more and then He shows me more.

It's like a never ending story that you just can't put down! :amen:

God bless you!

We all have sin(1Jn 1:8) so were do you draw the line and when will you know you have eteranl life ( 1John 5:13)? What can seperate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Rom 8:38) only we can do that- since I will not turn my back on Jesus and all He has done for me I am free to enjoy eternal security.

I think anything else than having peace about my eternal life with Jesus would be a sad and hard way to live but that is of course my opinion.

We all have sin(1Jn 1:8) so were do you draw the line and when will you know you have eteranl life ( 1John 5:13)? What can seperate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Rom 8:38) only we can do that- since I will not turn my back on Jesus and all He has done for me I am free to enjoy eternal security.

I think anything else than having peace about my eternal life with Jesus would be a sad and hard way to live but that is of course my opinion.

Dear Boanerges,

May God be with you.

Be at Peace. You ALWAYS have eternal peace and salvation when you are with Christ. Christ NEVER takes that away from us. We may choose to turn away from Him but He is always there waiting for us.

I find great Joy and Peace in this certainty.

God bless you!

Thread closed till a good amount of requests are received

Moderator Team friendly announcement:

Forum Rule 2.1 Common courtesy and civil dialogue is expected from all participants. Common courtesy is a generally understood concept and too broad to fully define here. In short, if you have doubt on whether you should say something, DON'T!
report.gif
- Use the report post button to report a violation.

Moderator Team friendly announcement:

Forum Rule 2.2 If someone disagrees with you do not immediately jump to the conclusion that they are not truly saved just because they disagree, there are differences of opinion in translating Biblical doctrine.
report.gif
- Use the report post button to report a violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back