REPENTANCE DEFINED IN TWO WORDS:

What it says is that when Paul tried to walk according to the Law sin revived in him. The Law literally gave life to his sin.

Quantrill

That is correct!

Paul was building an argument about the law not delivering him from the law of sin and death. The law simply brought to light his sin.

IF you will KINDLY keep reading Paul's argument in Romans on into chapter 8, you will see Paul concludes his argument that the law of the Spirit of life in Jesus Christ has delivered him from the law of sin and death.

YOU CANNOT TAKE ONE SINGLE VERSE OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF AN ARGUMENT PAUL IS MAKING WITHOUT CONTINUING TO THE END OF THE ARGUMENT PAUL IS MAKING!!!!!!!

Paul was simply describing what a wretched man he was under the law, and NOW under grace he has been freed from the law of sin and death. Sin no longer has power over him!

STOP picking verses in the middle of an argument to try to support your case of continuing in sin WHILE CLAIMING to be a Christian. Doing so, only proves you to be a hypocrite and NOT a Christian! KEEP READING PAUL'S ARGUMENT TO THE END! THEN YOU WILL TRULY SEE THE VICTORY A CHRISTIAN HAS OVER SIN!

What am I after? To walk in the Spirit.

Quantrill

You are not walking IN (harmony or union with) the Spirit IF YOU ARE WALKING IN DARKNESS!

"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and IN (harmony or union with) HIM IS NO DARKNESS AT ALL. IF WE SAY that we have fellowship with Him, AND WALK IN DARKNESS (SIN), WE LIE, AND DO NOT THE TRUTH!" (1 John 1:5 & 6).

YOU HAVE YET to give me any scripture to say you can continue in sin and still be a Christian!

But what it says is the strength of sin is the law. So, if you want to strengthen sin in your life, just go ahead and try to walk and please God by the law.

Quantrill

Quantrill,

I do not walk according to the law of Moses, as you SARCASTICALLY say! I walk according to GRACE!

"LET NOT SIN THEREFORE REIGN IN YOUR MORTAL BODY, THAT YE SHOULD OBEY IT IN THE LUSTS THEREOF. NEITHER yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness UNTO SIN: BUT YIELD YOURSELVES UNTO GOD, AS THOSE THAT ARE ALIVE FROM THE DEAD, AND YOUR MEMBERS AS INSTRUMENTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO GOD. FOR SIN SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU: FOR YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, BUT UNDER GRACE" (Romans 6:12-14).

"WHAT THEN? SHALL WE SIN, BECAUSE WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, BUT UNDER GRACE? GOD FORBID! KNOW YE NOT, THAT TO WHOM YE YIELD YOURSELVES SERVANTS TO OBEY, HIS SERVANTS YE ARE TO WHOM YE OBEY; WHETHER OF SIN UNTO DEATH, OR OF OBEDIENCE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Romans 6:15-16).

IF you are still a sinner, as you proclaim, you are a servant of sin and not a servant of God! You cannot have two masters! ONLY ONE MASTER! NO straddling the fence!

IF you are still sinning, you are the servant of sin! If you KEEP God's commandments by OBEDIENCE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS, then you are the servant of God!

God's GRACE sent His only Son to die that we might live through Him. Once we believe in Him and accept the righteousness He has given to us through grace, "shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? GOD FORBID!"

WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW THAT DEMANDS OBEDIENCE, WITHOUT GIVING POWER TO OBEY! WE ARE UNDER GRACE THAT DEMANDS THE SAME STRICT OBEDIENCE TO GOD, BUT GIVES FREE PARDON FOR SIN AND POWER TO OBEY!

Don't you not know we have a little over 1,000 commands in the New Testament of Grace? Here are some examples:

7 Abstain's - abstain from:
1. Idols (Acts 15:20)
2. Fornication (Acts 15:20, 29: 1 Th. 4:2-3)
3. Strangled meats (Acts 15:20)
4. Eating blood (Acts 15:20)
5. Meats offered to idols (Acts 15:29)
6. All appearance of evil (1 Th. 5:22)
7. Fleshly lusts (1 Pet. 2:11)

10 "do not's" - do not:
1. Alms before men (Mt. 6:1)
2. Sound trumpet before you when giving alms (Mt. 6:2)
3. Do works of Pharisees (Mt. 23:3-33)
4. Love in word only (1 Jn. 3:18)
5. Give heed to fables (1 Tim. 1:4)
6. Give heed to genealogies (1 Tim. 1:4)
7. Err (Jas. 1:16)
8. Commit adultery (Jas. 2:11)
9. Kill (Jas. 2:11)
10.Fashion self according to former lusts (1 Pet. 1:14)

The previous are a few commands of the over 1,000 in the New Testament for Christians to obey. Some are repeated but can be classified under approximately 800 headings. These commands cover every phase of a Christian's relationship with God and our fellowmen, now and forever. IF OBEYED, they give rewards forever. Some, IF DISOBEYED, will bring condemnation and eternal punishment. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE 10 COMMANDMENTS or THE LAW OF MOSES, WHICH WERE ABOLISHED!

I scanned over it. I certainly didn't read it all. As you say, it was long.

But, in glancing over what you wrote I was looking for 'grace'. And I didn't see any. Perhaps I missed it as it was quite wordy. I saw much about 'keeping' and 'doing' and 'commandments' and 'law'.

Quantrill

I REFER YOU TO MY PREVIOUS POST ABOUT MY BEING UNDER GRACE, QUANTRILL!

You are SADLY MISTAKEN if you think we have nothing to "KEEP" and "DO"!!!!!!!

You are SADLY MISTAKEN if you believe you can coast right on into the Kingdom of God without "KEEPING" or "DOING!"

QUANTRILL,

I have yet to see any scripture to support your statement about being a sinner, yet at the same time, being a Christian? Which one are you? A sinner or Christian?

Make up your mind, Quantrill!

"But God be thanked, that YE WERE the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then MADE FREE FROM SIN, ye became THE SERVANTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS."

"And ye know that He was manifested TO TAKE AWAY our sins: and IN HIM IS NO SIN. WHOSOEVER ABIDETH IN HIM SINNETH NOT: WHOSEVER SINNETH HATH NOT SEEN HIM, NEITHER KNOWN HIM. Little children, LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, EVEN AS He is righteous. HE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL: for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. WHOSOEVER IS BORN OF GOD DOTH NOT COMMIT SIN; for His seed (WORD) remaineth (continues; abides) IN (harmony or union with) him: and he cannot sin, BECAUSE he is born of God. IN THIS the children of God are manifest (revealed), and the children of the devil: WHOSOEVER DOETH NOT RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT OF GOD (PERIOD), NEITHER HE THAT LOVETH NOT HIS BROTHER" (1 John 3:5-10).

That is the Word of God, Quantrill! You cannot refute His Word! Who's "children" are you, Quantrill?

Quantrill, STOP giving what you THINK is a proper knowledge of a Christian walk with Jesus. YOU HAVE YET to give me scripture to support what you say about being a Christian WHILE CONTINUING IN SIN! I have given you scripture after scripture to explain that we, as Christians, have a lot to "DO" and to "KEEP"!!!!!!

QUANTRILL,

I have yet to see any scripture to support your statement about being a sinner, yet at the same time, being a Christian? Which one are you? A sinner or Christian?

Make up your mind, Quantrill!

"But God be thanked, that YE WERE the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then MADE FREE FROM SIN, ye became THE SERVANTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS."

"And ye know that He was manifested TO TAKE AWAY our sins: and IN HIM IS NO SIN. WHOSOEVER ABIDETH IN HIM SINNETH NOT: WHOSEVER SINNETH HATH NOT SEEN HIM, NEITHER KNOWN HIM. Little children, LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, EVEN AS He is righteous. HE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL: for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. WHOSOEVER IS BORN OF GOD DOTH NOT COMMIT SIN; for His seed (WORD) remaineth (continues; abides) IN (harmony or union with) him: and he cannot sin, BECAUSE he is born of God. IN THIS the children of God are manifest (revealed), and the children of the devil: WHOSOEVER DOETH NOT RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT OF GOD (PERIOD), NEITHER HE THAT LOVETH NOT HIS BROTHER" (1 John 3:5-10).

That is the Word of God, Quantrill! You cannot refute His Word! Who's "children" are you, Quantrill?

Quantrill, STOP giving what you THINK is a proper knowledge of a Christian walk with Jesus. YOU HAVE YET to give me scripture to support what you say about being a Christian WHILE CONTINUING IN SIN! I have given you scripture after scripture to explain that we, as Christians, have a lot to "DO" and to "KEEP"!!!!!!

Which one am I? I am both. I am a sinner, but a saved sinner. I am a Christian.

In your many posts you have claimed many things and have misrepresented me and my purpose in giving you the Scriptures that I did. You do so, I believe, in your misunedrstanding of what a Christian is, and how a Christian is to walk.

So, instead of discussing this through a mulititude of different posts, lets bring this to a single subject. What better way than start at the begining.

So, I ask you, how did you become a Christian? Im sure that the original title of this thread will come into play.

Quantrill

Yes, of a truth, you are a sinner if you are living in sin!

You ARE a hypocrite if you say, "I'm a Christian," WHILE LIVING IN SIN! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Your commandments of men gives you a license to sin, but the commandments of God do NOT give you a license to continue in sin! PERIOD!

IF YOU CONTINUE (abide; remain) IN (harmony or union with) SIN, you are NOT abiding IN CHRIST! PERIOD! You are a HYPOCRITE IF you say you abide in Christ while continuing in sin.
For a couple of new-comers you are really excited. I am glad to see that. But remember that we are Christians and stay civil and Biblically based my friends. I would encourage you both to speak to the question involved and less toward EACH other. Just my opinion.
Now.....to the question,
I would like to just share a few thoughts with you on this matter and clear up any misunderstandings. I think the problem that quite a few people have is a lack of understanding about Biblical "repentance." They confuse the "root" of the believer's faith (Romans 4:3-5) with the "fruit" of the believer's faith (James 2:18-21). The word "repentance" in the Bible means "a change of mind." The Bible clearly teaches that repentance is necessary for salvation (Acts 2:38). It is impossible for anyone to be saved without repentance. But what exactly is repentance in the Bible? Repentance is when we make a U-turn in our mind concerning Christ and our sins. Dr. Harry Ironside said it well...
"Repentance is the recognition of my sinnership — the owning before God that I am as vile as He has declared me to be in His holy Word."
Repentance is supposed to bring forth a changed life (1st Corinthians 5:17). This is what James meant when he said in James 2:18: "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." James was speaking about being justified in the eyes of men. With God we are justified by faith alone; but with men we can only be justified by our works because men cannot see our heart (1st Samuel 16:7).​
A changed life is the FRUIT of genuine repentance; but not a part of saving faith. I wouldn't give you a dime for any believer's testimony who attempts to justify abortion, homosexuality or other sins. Does this mean they are not saved? The Bible is filled with examples of believers who sinned horribly: David, Jacob, Noah, Samson, Jonah and Solomon. They all sinned horribly at times; yet they were saved. It is important to notice that of all the believers who sinned in the Bible, not one of them attempted to justify their sins, parading up and down the street like homosexuals do, and defying the Law of God.​
Can any believer live above sin? Of course not! I don't care how close you get to God, you will always sin as long as you are in the flesh. I am not condoning sin, not one bit. I am just saying that human beings cannot escape the "body of this death" as the Apostle Paul called it (See Romans 7:14-24). We are flesh, which makes us inherently hateful, greedy, lustful, envious, et cetera. It's in our blood. The ONLY escape is through the blood sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ. Only when believers walk in the Spirit of God can we live righteously.
The Christian life is not hard to live... it's impossible! Jesus wants to live the Christian life through us, if we'll let Him. Unfortunately, no Christian walks in the Spirit ALL the time. We are still cursed by the flesh. We shouldn't sin, but as long as we are in the flesh we will sin at times. It is a dangerous thing to teach (as the Charismatic Pentecostals and Seventh-Day Adventists do) that a person needs to maintain good works to keep their salvation. It is a lie of the Devil. To go to Heaven, God only requires a simple child-like faith in THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. We are eternally safe in Christ, apart from our own faults, sins and shortcomings in the flesh. To teach otherwise is to negate the gift of God, which is eternal life (Romans 6:23).
Howbeit, no Christian has God's permission to sin. Just because we are saved and can live in sin without fear of going to Hell doesn't give us permission to do so. 2nd Corinthians 5:10 plainly warns that every believer will stand trial at the Judgment Seat of Christ, to be judged according to his works (i.e., the good and the bad). This will be a civil court; not a criminal court. The condemnation of the believer's sin is taken away by the blood of Jesus; but the consequences of the sins themselves must be given account for. 1st Corinthians 3:15 tells us that some believers will have no rewards in Heaven. Tears will flow. There will be sorrow and remorse for our sins and failures of this life.
Do believers have a license to sin? Yes, in a sense! Our salvation rests upon the redeeming work of Jesus Christ; and not upon our own self-righteousness. However, no believer has God's permission to sin and Hebrews 12:6-8 promises that God will chastise his children who do live in sin. No genuine believer can live in sin and truly be happy, because the Holy Spirit of God will convict. Nevertheless, our salvation is not conditional upon our works, good or bad. Salvation is the unconditional gift of God—paid for by Jesus' precious redeeming blood (1st Peter 1:18,19).

Which one am I? I am both. I am a sinner, but a saved sinner. I am a Christian.

In your many posts you have claimed many things and have misrepresented me and my purpose in giving you the Scriptures that I did. You do so, I believe, in your misunedrstanding of what a Christian is, and how a Christian is to walk.

So, instead of discussing this through a mulititude of different posts, lets bring this to a single subject. What better way than start at the begining.

So, I ask you, how did you become a Christian? Im sure that the original title of this thread will come into play.

Quantrill

Listen!

Until YOU give some scripture to support YOUR claim of being a sinner AND a Christian AT THE SAME TIME, we have absolutely nothing further to discuss, PERIOD!

YOU keep giving me YOUR commandments of men (your own words) AND NOT GOD's WORDS!

Give me scripture to back up you claim of being a sinner and a christian at the same time and STOP giving me your own words!

I am not condoning sin, not one bit. I am just saying that human beings cannot escape the "body of this death" as the Apostle Paul called it (See Romans 7:14-24).

I humbly disagree! God's Word humbly disagrees! AGAIN, Paul is building up an argument in the book of Romans. Did you read the list of what Paul is building that I provided in an earlier post? Paul described the predicament he was in and thanked God that Christ was able to get him out of this predicament in Romans chapter 8! That person you quote gives commandments of men.

Have you not read my previous posts about the book of Romans? The ones who have posted on here thus far have rambled on with commandments of men in an effort to make salvation easy for all and TOTALLY ignore what God's Word says on the subject. Neither one of you have yet to approach the Word of God provided to you in these posts. All I get is rambling words of men who ignore the very Word of God. Please explain to me the scriptures I provided previously and the ones below.

So, I will write this again and see what happens:

"KNOWING THIS, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be DESTROYED, THAT HENCEFORTH WE SHOULD NOT SERVE SIN. FOR HE THAT IS DEAD IS FREED FROM SIN! Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him: KNOWING that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more: death hath no more dominion over Him. For in that He died, He died unto sin once: but in that He liveth, he liveth unto God. LIKEWISE reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. LET NOT SIN THEREFORE REIGN in your MORTAL BODY, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. NEITHER yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. WHAT THEN? Shall we sin because we are not under the law, but under grace? GOD FORBID!!!! KNOW YE NOT, THAT TO WHOM YE YIELD YOURSELVES SERVANTS TO OBEY, HIS SERVANTS YE ARE TO WHOM YE OBEY; WHETHER OF SIN UNTO DEATH, OR OF OBEDIENCE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS? But God be thanked, that ye WERE the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for AS ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; EVEN SO NOW yield your members servants to righteousness UNTO HOLINESS" (Rom. 6:6-20).

"There is therefore NOW no condemnation to them which are IN CHRIST JESUS, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT of life in Christ Jesus hath made me FREE from THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH. For what the LAW COULD NOT DO, in that it was WEAK through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the LIKENESS of sinful flesh, and FOR SIN, condemned sin IN the flesh: THAT the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH, BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT. For they that are AFTER THE FLESH do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are AFTER THE SPIRIT the things of the Spirit" (Rom. 8:1-5).

Listen!

Until YOU give some scripture to support YOUR claim of being a sinner AND a Christian AT THE SAME TIME, we have absolutely nothing further to discuss, PERIOD!

YOU keep giving me YOUR commandments of men (your own words) AND NOT GOD's WORDS!

Give me scripture to back up you claim of being a sinner and a christian at the same time and STOP giving me your own words!

No, I gave you Scriptures before which you asked for. These were not the commandments of men. Ok, here are some Scriptures for what you ask for now.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of myh mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Quantrill

No, I gave you Scriptures before which you asked for. These were not the commandments of men. Ok, here are some Scriptures for what you ask for now.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of myh mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Quantrill

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOL

I'm on the floor laughing.......LOLOLOLOL

PAUL, WAS DESCRIBING HOW SIN, THAT DWELLED IN HIM, WAS HIS MASTER UNDER THE LAW; AND HE WAS POWERLESS TO OBEY UNDER THE LAW! IF...... I SAY IF YOU WILL CONTINUE INTO CHAPTER 8 YOU WILL SEE WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN POWER TO OBEY UNDER GRACE. THIS IS ALSO MENTIONED IN ROMANS CHAPTER 6 AND CHAPTER 10!

KEEP READING THROUGH TO CHAPTER EIGHT (8)!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU PAUL IS BUILDING AN ARGUMENT?

PAUL, EXPLAINED WHO HE WAS BEFORE UNDER THE LAW. THE LAW DEMANDED OBEDIENCE BUT WAS POWERLESS TO FREE HIM FROM SIN!

IN CHAPTERS 8 & 6 OF ROMANS PAUL DESCRIBES HOW HE IS NOW UNDER GRACE, WHICH, DEMANDS THE SAME STRICT OBEDIENCE, YET GIVES POWER TO OBEY!

STOP PICKING VERSES OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF AN ARGUMENT PAUL IS MAKING! READ THE ARGUMENT THROUGH TO THE END!

I'VE TOLD YOU THIS APPROXIMATELY 4 TIMES AT LEAST, QUANTRILL! SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU IGNORE WHAT I'M EXPLAINING TO YOU ABOUT PAUL'S ARGUMENT. YOU DO NOT EVEN TRY TO REFUTE WHAT I TELL YOU!

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOL

I'm on the floor laughing.......LOLOLOLOL

PAUL, WAS DESCRIBING HOW SIN, THAT DWELLED IN HIM, WAS HIS MASTER UNDER THE LAW; AND HE WAS POWERLESS TO OBEY UNDER THE LAW! IF...... I SAY IF YOU WILL CONTINUE INTO CHAPTER 8 YOU WILL SEE WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN POWER TO OBEY UNDER GRACE. THIS IS ALSO MENTIONED IN ROMANS CHAPTER 6 AND CHAPTER 10!

KEEP READING THROUGH TO CHAPTER EIGHT (8)!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU PAUL IS BUILDING AN ARGUMENT?

PAUL, EXPLAINED WHO HE WAS BEFORE UNDER THE LAW. THE LAW DEMANDED OBEDIENCE BUT WAS POWERLESS TO FREE HIM FROM SIN!

IN CHAPTERS 8 & 6 OF ROMANS PAUL DESCRIBES HOW HE IS NOW UNDER GRACE, WHICH, DEMANDS THE SAME STRICT OBEDIENCE, YET GIVES POWER TO OBEY!

STOP PICKING VERSES OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF AN ARGUMENT PAUL IS MAKING! READ THE ARGUMENT THROUGH TO THE END!

I'VE TOLD YOU THIS APPROXIMATELY 4 TIMES AT LEAST, QUANTRILL! SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU IGNORE WHAT I'M EXPLAINING TO YOU ABOUT PAUL'S ARGUMENT. YOU DO NOT EVEN TRY TO REFUTE WHAT I TELL YOU!

Sorry, Paul said he delights in the law of God after the inward man, 7:22. That is the newly born spirit of Paul. So, this is not Paul prior to being a Christian. It is Paul as a Christian sturggling with the two natures.

So, how did you become a Christian?

Quantrill

Sorry, Paul said he delights in the law of God after the inward man, 7:22. That is the newly born spirit of Paul. So, this is not Paul prior to being a Christian. It is Paul as a Christian sturggling with the two natures.

So, how did you become a Christian?

Quantrill

You are wrong and refuse to see the truth!

I will no longer cast pearls your way, Sir!

I will not take the time to share with you my conversion, seeing how you do not put forth an honest effort to have an open mind. Your heart is waxed gross and your ears are dull of hearing and your eyes YOU have closed; lest at anytime you should see with your eyes and hear with your ears and should understand with your heart and should be converted.

You have the truth right before your eyes, YET all you can do is find time to ridicule and make up excuses to continue in sin! GOD FORBIDS HIS CHILDREN TO CONTINUE IN SIN!

I've given you PLENTY of scripture to explain GOD DEMANDS OBEDIENCE. YET, you do not try to refute ANY of them cause you cannot refute them! All you do is willingly avoid the truth that convicts you and grow colder towards me!

You go ahead and continue in the sins you love. The Lord says, "IF you love Me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS!"

You are wrong and refuse to see the truth!

I will no longer cast pearls your way, Sir!

I will not take the time to share with you my conversion, seeing how you do not put forth an honest effort to have an open mind. Your heart is waxed gross and your ears are dull of hearing and your eyes YOU have closed; lest at anytime you should see with your eyes and hear with your ears and should understand with your heart and should be converted.

You have the truth right before your eyes, YET all you can do is find time to ridicule and make up excuses to continue in sin! GOD FORBIDS HIS CHILDREN TO CONTINUE IN SIN!

I've given you PLENTY of scripture to explain GOD DEMANDS OBEDIENCE. YET, you do not try to refute ANY of them cause you cannot refute them! All you do is willingly avoid the truth that convicts you and grow colder towards me!

You go ahead and continue in the sins you love. The Lord says, "IF you love Me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS!"

My, my. You don't take thet time becasuse Scripture is against you. You have no answer. You recoil to your rants. Save your pearls for another.

Quantrill

No, Sir! I have not sinned in quite a while! I cannot remember the last time I sinned.
I refer you to 1 John 1:8-10 (NLT):

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Christians are NOT Jesus, We are becoming more like Him through God's Grace, but we still stumble and fall. We have a loving and merciful God who hears our cries and picks us up, dusts us off and tells us to continue on our journey a little wiser and perhaps a bit more able to stay on our feet.

I refer you to 1 John 1:8-10 (NLT):

Christians are NOT Jesus, We are becoming more like Him through God's Grace, but we still stumble and fall. We have a loving and merciful God who hears our cries and picks us up, dusts us off and tells us to continue on our journey a little wiser and perhaps a bit more able to stay on our feet.

Let me explain something to you about 1st John, but lets begin at 1:5 instead and continue to the first verse in chapter 2:

CHAPTER 1:5-10
Verse 5: "This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and IN Him is no darkness at all."
Verse 6: "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth!"
Verse 7: "But if we walk in the light, AS HE is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin."
Verse 8: "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
Verse 9: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Verse 10: "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and His Word is not in us."

CHAPTER 2:1
Verse 1: "My little children, these things write I unto you, THAT YE SIN NOT. And IF [not when] any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

5 IF's of human experience:
1. The hypocrite (vs. 6): IF we say we know God and STILL walk in darkness, OUR SINS PROVE WE ARE LIARS!
2. The Christian (vs. 7): IF we walk in the light, we have fellowship with the Father and the Son (vs. 3) and the blood of Jesus Christ keeps us cleansed from all sin.
3. The self-deceiver (vs. 8): IF we say we have no sin to confess, that is, we are not sinners, we deceive ourselves because we know better; and we lie. Gnostics, Atheist and other heretics deny that they are sinners and that Christ's death atones for sin.
4. The penitent sinner (vs. 9): IF we confess our sins, that is, if we will be honest and acknowledge we are sinners and not be like a Gnostic or Atheist, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
5. The wilful rebel against God (vs. 10): IF we say that we have never sinned, we make God a liar and His Word is not in us. In verse 8, the idea is contending we are not guilty IF we have committed a sin, know we have committed a sin, and say we have none to confess. In verse 10, the idea is we have never sinned or were never guilty before God.

Chapter 2:1 tells us NOT TO SIN! BUT IF [not when] but IF anyone sin, they do have an advocate with the Father. NOT TO SIN is the purpose and demand of the gospel (1 Jn. 2:1; Mt. 1:21; Rom. 6:16-23; 8:1-13; Gal. 5:16-26; Col. 3:5-10; Tit. 2:11-12). We do not sin IF we walk in the light and not in darkness (1 Jn. 1:7, 9). IF [not when] one does fall into sin, they still have hope; and can confess sin and be cleansed again. But beware; sin is not to be toyed with. Also, we are not to be tossed about like a wave back and forth and unstable in all our ways. That is not acting like a child of the living God who will someday be a king or priest.

HOW do you reconcile verse 1 of chapter 2 to your statement, Administrator? You can't! God's Word is in PERFECT HARMONY! To use it the way you are using it creates contradictions. God's Word does not have contradictions!

Respectfully,

David Ward Jr

Let me explain something to you about 1st John, but lets begin at 1:5 instead and continue to the first verse in chapter 2:

Verse 5: "This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and IN Him is no darkness at all."
Verse 6: "If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth!"
Verse 7: "But if we walk in the light, AS HE is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin."
Verse 8: "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
Verse 9: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Verse 10: "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and His Word is not in us."

Verse 1: "My little children, these things write I unto you, THAT YE SIN NOT. And IF [not when] any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

1. The hypocrite (vs. 6): IF we say we know God and STILL walk in darkness, OUR SINS PROVE WE ARE LIARS!
2. The Christian (vs. 7): IF we walk in the light, we have fellowship with the Father and the Son (vs. 3) and the blood of Jesus Christ keeps us cleansed from all sin.
3. The self-deceiver (vs. 8): IF we say we have no sin to confess, that is, we are not sinners, we deceive ourselves because we know better; and we lie. Gnostics, Atheist and other heretics deny that they are sinners and that Christ's death atones for sin.
4. The penitent sinner (vs. 9): IF we confess our sins, that is, if we will be honest and acknowledge we are sinners and not be like a Gnostic or Atheist, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
5. The wilful rebel against God (vs. 10): IF we say that we have never sinned, we make God a liar and His Word is not in us. In verse 8, the idea is contending we are not guilty IF we have committed a sin, know we have committed a sin, and say we have none to confess. In verse 10, the idea is we have never sinned or were never guilty before God.

Chapter 2:1 tells us NOT TO SIN! BUT IF [not when] but IF anyone sin, they do have an advocate with the Father. NOT TO SIN is the purpose and demand of the gospel (1 Jn. 2:1; Mt. 1:21; Rom. 6:16-23; 8:1-13; Gal. 5:16-26; Col. 3:5-10; Tit. 2:11-12). We do not sin IF we walk in the light and not in darkness (1 Jn. 1:7, 9). IF [not when] one does fall into sin, they still have hope; and can confess sin and be cleansed again. But beware; sin is not to be toyed with. Also, we are not to be tossed about like a wave back and forth and unstable in all our ways. That is not acting like a child of the living God who will someday be a king or priest.

HOW do you reconcile verse 1 of chapter 2 to your statement, Administrator? You can't! God's Word is in PERFECT HARMONY! To use it the way you are using it creates contradictions. God's Word does not have contradictions!

Respectfully,

David Ward Jr

Respectfully,

David Ward Jr

Not to sin is always good advice. And if we sin we have an advocate. True.

The purpose of the Gospel is to believe on Jesus Christ.

It doesn't say in 1John 1:7-9 that we don't sin if we walk in the light. Read again. It says if we walk in the light we have fellowship with one another, and Jesus Christ cleanses our sins.

1John 2:1 says if we sin, we have an advocate. Jesus Christ. Praise God. I know you don't need it since its been a long time since you sinned, but I appreciate Him.

So, no contridiction here.

Quantrill

Respectfully,

David Ward Jr

Respectfully,

David Ward Jr

It doesn't say in 1John 1:7-9 that we don't sin if we walk in the light. Read again. It says if we walk in the light we have fellowship with one another, and Jesus Christ cleanses our sins.

1John 2:1 says if we sin, we have an advocate. Jesus Christ. Praise God. I know you don't need it since its been a long time since you sinned, but I appreciate Him.

Quantrill

Quantrill
Quantrill............
Those off on the "can't sin" edge of doctrine often come from hyper-Arminian or holiness denominations. They have a great concern for the pure life—a life without sin. This is admittedly an admirable hope and I wish it was true. But they go too far. They eventually came to insist on absolute purity as the minimum requirement for the Kingdom. When that happens, they just as we see here with Mr. Ward have entered into the realm of WORKS.
They think they are following John Wesley. In fact, they start with Wesley then ride off on a tangent into the sunset with an aberration of Arminian doctrine. Instead of offering the future hope of living above sin, they insist on the present minimum of a sinless life—just to be in Christ's family.

The "Christians can't sin" doctrine leads to all kinds of crazy eccentricities in practice and doctrine. For instance, for these folk, every time a Christian does indeed fall into sin, he loses his relationship with Christ and has to start all over again and get saved. To them, sin is not allowed for Christians. So, whether a person sins or not is the ultimate measurement of your Christianity. Again, the ROOT of that thinking is in SOMETHING THAT THEY CAN DO, NOT COMMITTING SIN. The spotlight is on sin and self, not Christ and the cross. This is a seriously misplaced focus.

You bring up several good subjects. Repentance, sin, walking in the Spirit, the righteousness of God, knowledge of God, etc. etc.

Sometimes you may find that the harder you try and quit sinning, the more sinning you do.

Quantrill
Isn't that what Paul is saying in Romans 7:15-21>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Back