Repentance

Just had a thought come into my mind about repentance. If we don't repent daily is this possibly the cause of why we are tempted with sin because we have not gone to God right away with our repentance when we commit a sin? I noticed myself that when I first started repenting everyday I would only save it till night time to repent of all the things that I would track in my mind for the day that I sinned. Now I see that I need to repent to God right away because I most likely will forget some of the things when I sin. I believe that this is part of the reason why I might be stuck in some strongholds and lose that relationship and help from God because of not going to my father right away with a heart that is truly repentant.

Luke 13:3-5 KJV 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

So if we repent right away with sin our relationship with God is made stronger and either entering to temptation would least likely happen or when in temptation you are stronger with your connection with God and the Holy Ghost because of your daily repentance which in the end means you can put to death sin easier???? Is this a correct doctrine?

Experience, strength, hope, and scriptures please!:coffee:

God Bless

Just had a thought come into my mind about repentance. If we don't repent daily is this possibly the cause of why we are tempted with sin because we have not gone to God right away with our repentance when we commit a sin? I noticed myself that when I first started repenting everyday I would only save it till night time to repent of all the things that I would track in my mind for the day that I sinned. Now I see that I need to repent to God right away because I most likely will forget some of the things when I sin. I believe that this is part of the reason why I might be stuck in some strongholds and lose that relationship and help from God because of not going to my father right away with a heart that is truly repentant.

Luke 13:3-5 KJV 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

So if we repent right away with sin our relationship with God is made stronger and either entering to temptation would least likely happen or when in temptation you are stronger with your connection with God and the Holy Ghost because of your daily repentance which in the end means you can put to death sin easier???? Is this a correct doctrine?

God Bless

You are almost correct imo. I think you just have the cart before the horse. We must judge ourselves 1 Cor 11:31 and continue to work out our salvation in fear and trembling Phil 2:12. Doing this leads to repentance, making right with those we hurt, abstaining from temptations etc.

The scripture you quoted must be added to 2 Cor 5:17. There is a time when we first sincerely repent and ask for forgiveness that changes us completely. We do not need to keep doing that to stay saved / receive God's blessings. We either walk with a changed heart or we don't.

Repent - to turn around. It represents the idea of rejecting a certain behavior or way of thinking.
If you commit the same sin over and over again you have not repented.
If you actually, sincerely repent of a sin you will never commit that sin again.

God Bless

And blessings to you as well. You are asking if your doctrine on repentance is correct. I will be glad to respond to your question and then let you decide for yourself.

Biblical repentance is simply TURNING UNTO THE LORD to be forgiven of one's sins.

Acts 11:18 ...........
“When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.”

Notice that the Bible does NOT call this a repentance from sins. The “baptism of repentance” in Mark 1:4 is clearly not referring to water baptism; but to the “baptism of repentance.” This is the repentance unto life which can only be found in Christ Jesus. The Word of God does NOT teach that we must give up our sins to be saved.

If this were true, then no one could be saved because we are all sinners incapable of ceasing from sin. Even the best of Christians still commit sin! Believers shouldn't commit any sins; but the fact of the matter is that we all do. So how can you tell an unsaved person to give up their sins to be saved?

In Christianity today there is a woeful misunderstanding about repentance circulating in our churches today.

Again, Acts 11:21 states................
"And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

Biblical repentance is TURNING to Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins. It is a change of mind.

Mark 1:15 proclaims.............
“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”

Notice here that repentance led to believing the gospel—NO mention is made about making a commitment to God nor forsaking sinful bad habits.

God Bless
I would like to share with you something Jesus personally taught me. Almost forty years ago Jesus taught me that a Christian does not sin.

People often become very angry with me when this truth is shared by me. Yet this is the most important understanding of why Jesus came here.

Jesus came to defeat Satan/sin, and he did not fail.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Jesus gave us his Holy Spirit to teach, and give us the grace to live God’s Word. All a person needs to do to live God’s Word is obey what the Holy Spirit has him or her do.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

John tells us that one who knows God will not sin.

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen him or known him.

(1 John 3:9) “No one, who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

Back