repenting of sins to jesus

smellycat

Account Closed
repenting of sins to jesus

we need to repent our sins to jesus.then saved we follow in the light and don,t think of sin again because it does not control us.we put on our new self and shine.

:)

To believe in good is to do so, also to love good is to prefer so .. Animate rather in the caring result of all things in witness, carrying all properness within to demand of it, much more then we value our own passerby dedications, that to agree with the consultable of all things is only necessary, that at heart, God's Will is in priority of importance for all dealings intent .. To deal unawkwardly or not of shame is the liberty of guiltless realities .. Of the trustworthy, it makes difference of how you can be of real motivated value ..

This I share with you ..

Thank you for the invocation SM, may you reproduce consistent worth, indeed the considerable ways are more of what matters ..

To sin is the inclination of vagabond, rather to be correct in all motive one is of appropriate and esteemable way ..

Our worth in all depends on our posture to all things, that as we are comfirm to sincere justified aim, such is of preferable context, motivated right, actualizing true preference ..

One knows one hesitates to sin, rather it is unfriendly to do so .. Demonstration in the light, rather the only significant deed is to dedicate as the only favorable way is meant to be, in Christ Jesus Amen ..

My message is your message ..

Peace ..

Yeah repenting (or admiting what you've done was wrong) is nessecary for salvation. But, in my opinion, everytime you humbly come before the Lord in prayer to confess to Him, that's repentence.

Good statement. In Jesus, we are no longer slaves to sin, but children of a loving God.

Truly Saying "I'm Sorry"

"I'm sorry."

It's a phrase that gets thrown around far too much in American society. I remember punching a kid in the face at church one time. He began to cry, and--because I was afraid of getting in trouble--I instantly said "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

For the record, I wasn't sorry. I thought the kid deserved it. I meant to put my fist into his nose, make him feel pain, and wanted to see him cry like a baby.

I just didn't want his dad coming out and treating me like a throw pillow.

From the time we are young children, we are often taught to tell others that we are sorry for that which others believe is wrong. This can be everything from hurting someone to offending them.

If I make a statement like, "There is only one God," and someone is offended, should I say that I am sorry? No. I should apologize (in the original sense of the word). That is, I should make a defense and provide a reason for what I believe. I should not recant my statement to make someone else comfortable. I should not repent of my statement.

Should I have repented of punching that kid at church? Absolutely. What I did was provide a reason for why I punched him. It wasn't a good one, but it was the reason I did it. Why I did is not important to this particular discussion.

True repentance is told to us in Scripture:

1 Kings 8:46-51
"When they sin against you—for there is no one who does not sin—and you become angry with them and give them over to the enemy, who takes them captive to his own land, far away or near; and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their conquerors and say, 'We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly'; and if they turn back to you with all their heart and soul in the land of their enemies who took them captive, and pray to you toward the land you gave their fathers, toward the city you have chosen and the temple I have built for your Name; then from heaven, your dwelling place, hear their prayer and their plea, and uphold their cause. And forgive your people, who have sinned against you; forgive all the offenses they have committed against you, and cause their conquerors to show them mercy; for they are your people and your inheritance, whom you brought out of Egypt, out of that iron-smelting furnace.

I think this is a good illustration from Scripture of what true repentance is. It's not a statement to avoid trouble. Often I catch myself when I fear the consequences of what I've done. I say to the Lord, "I'm sorry," and pretend that I mean it when I don't. I'm not fooling anyone but myself.

True repentance is this:

1. A change of heart in the land in which we are held captive (v. 47). Our ability to repent of our sins is given to us by the Holy Spirit within us. One who does not have the Holy Spirit in their life is unable to repent. If we have seared the Holy Spirit in our lives and hardened our hearts to the point that we no longer hear Him, we cannot have a change of heart and will not truly repent.

Another thing to note is that we do not come back to the Lord and then repent; we repent from where we are. Suppose a pastor walks into a strip club, and in the midst of his sin, he has a change of heart. If it is true repentance, he does not wait until Sunday to tell the Lord he is sorry. He may drop to his knees right next to the stage, or--barring something so dramatic--may walk out after five minutes and consider his $20 entry fee to be the penalty for his sin.

God tells us in Psalm 139 that "If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there...If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to You;the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to You." Wherever we are, God can work with. His people cried out from enslavement, and He heard them. He heard Samson's repentance after his eyes were gouged out and his strength was gone. He heard David in the midst of pain (Psalm 22). He heard Christ on the cross. He heard Paul in prison. He heard John in exile on Patmos. He hears the repentant sinner on his knees, beating his chest and saying "Have mercy on me! A sinner!" What he ignores is the Pharisee in the street square, touting his prayers and saying "God, thank you I'm a righteous man. Even though I'm cheating on my wife with my secretary, conspiring to stab my co-workers in the back, and I'm never home to see my worthless kids, at least I'm not as bad as these people here!"

2. A turning from sin and an admittance of absolute guilt (v. 47). The word "repentance" in Hebrew is "שוב" (shüb), and was used to mean either a metaphorical turning back, or literally turning around. One could either repent from sin or repent from God in accordance with the usage of the word. True repentance requires first that we turn from that sin and put it completely behind us. One story I really like to illustrate this point is found in Numbers 25. To give a short recap, the Israelites were seduced by the Moabite women, and began making sacrifices to their gods. Thus, God told Moses to gather the leaders of the people and execute them in broad daylight to placate His anger. So, the judges were given the orders and followed them out. The Israelites were at the Tent of Meeting, weeping out of their loss and of their sin. While this is going on, some fool takes a Moabite woman into his family's tent. Phineas, the son of Eleazar, saw this, so he took a spear, followed them into the tent, and pinned them together while they were in the midst of their sin. Then the plague the Lord had brought on them was stopped, but the number who died was 24,000.

Phineas was willing to put to death the sin that had plagued him and those that he loved. Our sin causes problems for us and for those we love. If we are willing to spear that which propels the sin in our lives, God will bless that. We must also be willing to completely admit our sin, with no excuse.

"Well, God, um, you see, what happened was..."

Whistle blows, and all the referees pull the baloney flag simultaneously.

"God, have mercy, because indeed I have sinned, and I am sorry. See, I have blocked those Internet sites. I have admitted to my boss that I lied. I paid for the things I stole. I am a sinner and only by Your grace can I live."

Repentance is more than just words. In fact, I think the Lord would be just fine if we didn't say a thing and simply acted upon our repentance. If we are truly sorry for the sin we have done, we will cease to do it.

Back