Resisting The Devil

Jesus resisted the devil for 40 days and 40 nights. He did not give in to His flesh. I want to be like Him. I don't want to be of His status so don't think that. He is my role model. Can I be like him and resist the temptations of the flesh... I am struggling so bad. I need help.

One key thing, in my opinion, is that in resisting the devil, we need to be continually turning to God. If you try to fight Satan in your own strength, you will fail. He's been at this game longer than you have and he will wear you out. By continually turning to God, you rely on His strength to resist temptation. Turn to Him in prayer, in studying the Bible, in fellowship with other Christians. If you stumble, get right back up and immediately seek His face.

Grip on tite to Jesus and don't let go. HE will do the fighting for us. We are too weak to do anything by our selves. I fail at everything unless I ask Jesus to help me out, and HE does. We just need to ask :)
Amen Brother
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ saith the Lord of hosts

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
That says it all !!
Blessings
FCJ

Agreed. Submit to God completely and ask Him for protection against all evil. Against God, nothing can stand - no dominions, powers, or principalities. God is the only way and protection against evil, and when we ask He will make it flee from our bodies, minds, souls and lives.

Remember that Jesus received the Holy Spirit before going into the wilderness for 40 days and nights. Without the power of the Holy Spirit and the gifts including being able to intercede in the spirit you will not be able to do battle with the devil.

We live in a remote area and do not have a church. When we did have one we still had to fight spiritual battles. If the devil is not coming against you then why not? Consider how much of the new testament is devoted to battles in the spirit, spiritual armor, etc. If you are having battles then you are learning. Just be certain that your battles are not because of unconfessed sin. Make sure your heart is right with God.

Think it not strange concerning the firey trial that is to try you Peter said. If any be afflicted let him pray James says. Make certain you have the infilling of the Holy Spirit before you attempt to do battle. Casting out devils, prayer for the sick and all the things required of us must needs be powered by the spirit of God. In our own flesh we are helpless. Be of good cheer God will bring uou through if you cleave to Him.

Remember that Jesus received the Holy Spirit before going into the wilderness for 40 days and nights. Without the power of the Holy Spirit and the gifts including being able to intercede in the spirit you will not be able to do battle with the devil.

We live in a remote area and do not have a church. When we did have one we still had to fight spiritual battles. If the devil is not coming against you then why not? Consider how much of the new testament is devoted to battles in the spirit, spiritual armor, etc. If you are having battles then you are learning. Just be certain that your battles are not because of unconfessed sin. Make sure your heart is right with God.

Think it not strange concerning the firey trial that is to try you Peter said. If any be afflicted let him pray James says. Make certain you have the infilling of the Holy Spirit before you attempt to do battle. Casting out devils, prayer for the sick and all the things required of us must needs be powered by the spirit of God. In our own flesh we are helpless. Be of good cheer God will bring uou through if you cleave to Him.
Amen!! We are a family of intercessors. Just before a serious event, the Lord calls us all together. For me, it started on 9/10/01. That day I knew something was wrong. But I didn't understand it. Then it was even worse in the morning of 9/11 before it all happened. Everything seems surreal. That was my turning point in so many ways that no one would believe me. My wife and daughter get the promptings long before they happen. My son and I are a lot slower to catch on.

Jesus resisted the devil for 40 days and 40 nights. He did not give in to His flesh. I want to be like Him. I don't want to be of His status so don't think that. He is my role model. Can I be like him and resist the temptations of the flesh... I am struggling so bad. I need help.
Temptations will always come to us, always. What we can do is suppress our fleshly desires, we will fall into some and clear away from others. We can however do something less. The devil was able to speak to Jesus and even cause him to be tempted. To view the kingdoms of the world, and to feel like eating a bread from a stone. I believe it wasnt just the Holy Spirit at that time, but it was The Father that reminded Jesus of his mission in the 40 days. I mean why not, The Father also spoke to moses and gave him instructions and intervention in the dessert too.

Back