Rest & Peace from Leaning on the Lord

I have always turned to God in times of trouble. When my mind has had negative thoughts, I have turned to God for peace, and it has never failed me, for it is written:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-29

These words were spoken by Jesus himself when he walked among us, and I have every reason to believe His words, both by faith and by personal experience.

I have always turned to God in times of trouble. When my mind has had negative thoughts, I have turned to God for peace, and it has never failed me, for it is written:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-29

These words were spoken by Jesus himself when he walked among us, and I have every reason to believe His words, both by faith and by personal experience.

I like the way that He says learn from me... that's a great tool to use to help us in our daily journeys

Psalm 1:1-2 "Blessed is the one ... whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night."

Psalm 3:3-4 "But you, Lord are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain."

Psalm 86:16 "Turn to me and have mercy on me; show your strength on behalf of your servant"
Psalm 86:17 "...you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me."

Psalm 94:16-19 "Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evil doers? Unless the Lord had not given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, "My foot is slipping," your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy."

Psalm 103:1-6 "Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed."

Amen. God shelters and protects us and saves us from evil times. He is the one being in the universe that can help us when all hope is lost.

Why do I place my trust and hope in the Lord? Because it is written that we should do so and He proves his great compassion to me all the time. I see God unmistakably working in my life each and every day, and he denies me nothing for he always answers my prayers.

Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

God's love is available to all who place their trust in him. If he can care for an unworthy useless sinner like me, he can care for anyone. Trust in God and learn to love Him, and if you don't know how to trust or love, simply ask Him to help you as I did, and he will teach you as he did with me.

I found a little bit more scripture about turning to God in times of need, whatever that need may be.

Hebrews 4:16 "Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

I think it is important to note that getting help from God requires an action on our part, we need to approach him with our needs and ask. It is not a passive process. God will always be there, we are required to seek Him out for assistance and His love.

God is my safety, my refuge, and He who brings peace to my mind which has been ravaged by trauma. He loves, He heals, He nurtures, He saves, He protects me from those who would lead me away from Him.

Psalm 140:4-5 "Keep me safe, Lord, from the hands of the wicked; protect me from the violent, who devise ways to trip my feet. The arrogant have hidden a snare for me; they have spread out the cords of their net and have set traps for me along my path."

Psalm 140:9 "Those who surround me proudly rear their heads; may the mischief of their lips engulf them."

Psalm 145: 14 "The Lord upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down."
Psalm 145: 18 -19 "The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him, he hears their cry and saves them."

God has always picked me up when I've fallen. He has always quelled my troubled mind. He has always brought me material security and taken care of me when I couldn't take care of myself. He is so great and wonderful that a lifetime of worship and thank you's would never be enough to repay all that he has done for me. He IS my hope, He IS my salvation, He IS my life.

Back