Resurrection, we are free in Christ

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Resurrection, we are free in Christ

Dr. Gordon one Easter brought an old beat-up rusty bird cage and sat it next to the pulpit. As he gave his sermon that Easter morning he held up the cage and said, "You might be wondering why this is here. As a matter of fact, that's not the normal part of an Easter service, having a bird cage here."
He said, "Let me tell you the story of it. Several days ago I was noticing a little boy in tattered and torn blue jeans and a dirty T-shirt, cap off to the side, whistling, walking down an alley, swinging this bird cage. Clinging to the bottom of the cage were little field sparrows he had caught. So I stopped him as asked, "Say, sonny, what do you have there?" He said, 'Oh, I've got some birds.' What are you gonna do with 'em?' I asked, 'Oh, mess around with them, tease 'em, something like that.' 'Well,' I asked, 'when you get tired of 'em, what are you gonna do?' He thought a moment and said, 'Well, I got a couple of cats at home and they like birds. I think I'll just let them have at 'em.'"
Dr. Gordon said his heart went out to the little birds so he made the little lad an offer. "How much do you want for the birds?" Suprised, the boy, said, "Mister, these birds ain't no good." "Well," Dr. Gordon said, "regardless, how much would you like for 'em?" The little fellow said, "How about two bucks?" He said, "Sold." So he reached in his pocket and peeled off two dollar bills. The little boy shoved the bird cage forward pleased with his stroke of good fortune.
When the boy left, the pastor walked a good distance away, lifted open the little cage door and said, "Shoo,shoo." And he shoved them out of the dooor and they flew free.
The empty bird cage was the perfect illustration of how Satan had the human race trapped and frightened. Jesus Christ not only paid the price for our freedom; He has set us free.

Paul Lee Tan

Godbe4me:dance::jesus-sign::amen:

What a great story ... Thanks for that .

The empty bird cage was the perfect illustration of how Satan had the human race trapped and frightened. Jesus Christ not only paid the price for our freedom; He has set us free.

Amen .... free indeed.. He who the Son sets free is free indeed ... Hallelujah .

Back