Isaiah 1:18 NLT
“Come now, let’s settle this,”
says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
I will make them as white as snow.
Though they are red like crimson,
I will make them as white as wool.

comeback2.jpg

Oh boy! The Lord means business with His people. Isaiah the prophet is delivering words of rebuke from God to His people in Judah—to his kings. He refers to Jerusalem as Sodom, and Gomorrah. And He says He doesn’t want to hear their prayers anymore. He is sickened by their piousness!

Yet He continues to call to His people to come to Him. He is relentless with His forgiveness. God doesn’t sit back and wait for us who stray to wander back on our own. Our Father chases His own, like the Good Shepherd He is—incessantly asking us to return to Him.

Ready arms are waiting for me. Gentle words of love are available to calm my heart.

Lord Jesus, I wander. I hear Your cries for me to return to You. How I must grieve You with my disloyalty and lack of faith, Lord. Forgive me and mend my aching heart. Though my sins are blood red, You, O Lamb, can wash them away so that I am clean and white as snow before You.

Thank You, my God for Your relentless love!

NEW
11/09/07

Euphemia said:
...Forgive me and mend my aching heart. Though my sins are blood red, You, O Lamb, can wash them away so that I am clean and white as snow before You.

Thank You, my God for Your relentless love!

Really appreciated your post, Euphemia. The above quote reflects reasons why I chose
my current avatar. :)

Back