Rev 12 Proves How Great God Is

Rev 12:7-12

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

I was reading this and then this struck me:

1. God is exceedingly humble in heaven.

We have a creation that knows God and yet has the audacity to 'break out war' in His presence. Imagine an ant deciding to shout the odds and declare you remove yourself from your house :ROFLMAO:. Would the devil 'declare war' if he thought of himself as an ant?

2. God does not make mistakes.

The devil has spent / spends his time accusing us before God, day and night. Instead of 'moving on' with something like... grasping you messed up and working on restoring things. He is hell-bound on hurting God, by hurting us. Clearly God removes someone from His presence, not because they made a mistake, but rather because the are hell -bent on pursuing a life of evil.

3. God was exceedingly humble on earth.

God could have come to earth and simply died for us. Any death on His part should have been sufficient surely? But instead He became a 'lamb' to the slaughter. He put Himself at the mercy of evil men and the devil. They could do whatever they wanted to Him.

4. God reveals His greatness to us by His amazing humility.

Creator of all + exceedingly humble = Great God! I am reminded of Matt 18:4 'Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven'.

It makes me wonder why satan would still pursue what he is doing if he already knows it is a lost battle.. Because it is clearly revealed that he will going to cast into hell.. And it is written very clearly.. Why would he still continue doing? Once I was discussing this with my friends..

One reason could be that satan is refusing to accept the truth.. Which is what even unbelievers do to this day.. And believers do the same! I was hearing a message last week in my Church about events that took place right after resurrection.. First Jesus appears to Mary Magdalene and then to 2 men on the road to Emmaus.. Now the disciples are back in Jerusalem locked up! They hear the testimonies of Mary first and then the two men.. But they refused to accept..Jesus rebukes them for their lack of faith.. This is as it is written in Mark..

So the problem comes when people refuse to accept the truth.. As a believer, we often refuse to accept God's will.. An unbeliever refuses to accept that Christ is the only way.. And an atheist denies God himself.. Satan is very similar.. He knows God, but he does not accept him to be God.. Satan still thinks he is superior and denies to accept the truth and reality.. That sounds doom for him..

Sorry, I might have gone off track with OP.. but it came to my mind as I was reading the scripture you quoted.. And I liked the points you had quoted as well..

I think you are right with humans not accepting the truth. But the fallen angels I believe accepted it the moment they were cast out.

The thing is, what does the devil do with his time? He is clearly given space and time to do things. He is roaming around like a lion, not because he doesn't accept who God is, but because he is who he is.

Even the whole ant-christ debacle. The devil sees the flood doors are open and jumps to the occasion to run the earth as he sees fit, deceiving and beheading.

He knows it won't be a battle at the second coming. But does that mean he won't fight? A dog with rabies will always try bite, even if you are Hulk Hogan.

I once heard someone say that pride is at the heart of all sin, and that every sinful act can be attributed to pride. I don't know how true that is, but I've tested it often with Scripture and haven't found any obvious contradictions. Pride causes man to chose his own will over God's commands. Pride causes us to place ourselves over God, and over our neighbors. If the heart of Christianity is to love God with everything we have and love our neighbor as much as ourself, then the opposite of that seems to be pride.

Pride creates blinders. It's a filter through which we can only see our own desires. Nothing else has any importance or significance. If Satan was so filled with pride that he rebelled against God, then it makes sense that he no longer had the ability to see the consequences of failure. He only desired what pride dictated. He shared that pride with others. He shared that same pride with Adam and Eve by telling them that they will become like God.

Rev 12:7-12

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

I was reading this and then this struck me:

1. God is exceedingly humble in heaven.

We have a creation that knows God and yet has the audacity to 'break out war' in His presence. Imagine an ant deciding to shout the odds and declare you remove yourself from your house :ROFLMAO:. Would the devil 'declare war' if he thought of himself as an ant?

2. God does not make mistakes.

The devil has spent / spends his time accusing us before God, day and night. Instead of 'moving on' with something like... grasping you messed up and working on restoring things. He is hell-bound on hurting God, by hurting us. Clearly God removes someone from His presence, not because they made a mistake, but rather because the are hell -bent on pursuing a life of evil.

3. God was exceedingly humble on earth.

God could have come to earth and simply died for us. Any death on His part should have been sufficient surely? But instead He became a 'lamb' to the slaughter. He put Himself at the mercy of evil men and the devil. They could do whatever they wanted to Him.

4. God reveals His greatness to us by His amazing humility.

Creator of all + exceedingly humble = Great God! I am reminded of Matt 18:4 'Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven'.
It is astonishing how humble and innocent God is.

I once heard someone say that pride is at the heart of all sin, and that every sinful act can be attributed to pride. I don't know how true that is, but I've tested it often with Scripture and haven't found any obvious contradictions. Pride causes man to chose his own will over God's commands. Pride causes us to place ourselves over God, and over our neighbors. If the heart of Christianity is to love God with everything we have and love our neighbor as much as ourself, then the opposite of that seems to be pride.

Pride creates blinders. It's a filter through which we can only see our own desires. Nothing else has any importance or significance. If Satan was so filled with pride that he rebelled against God, then it makes sense that he no longer had the ability to see the consequences of failure. He only desired what pride dictated. He shared that pride with others. He shared that same pride with Adam and Eve by telling them that they will become like God.
Definitely agree that pride is the the opposite of everything God stands for.

I can agree that pride does blind us / places us in a darkness / our own world. But to be completely oblivious to God's greatness, I can't see that.

God lets the devil think he has a fighting chance for him to retain a sense of worth. God could embarrass him in front of all the other angels. God is so good. I mean let's face reality here, God did not have to put up with him in the wilderness and God certainly doesn't need to get Michael and his angels to 'fight' him, nor have another 'fight' at Armageddon.

Just thinking on it more, pride in the spiritual realm is on par with being completely handed over to a reprobate mind. So I agree more with you, pride would consume him.

Back