Rev 6:12-13 fulfilled??

Rev 6:12-13 fulfilled??

Greetings my brothers and sisters in the name of our Great Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Not many Christians today know or have even heard of the “Great Lisbon Earthquake” which happened on November 1, 1755 or the Dark Day in History which occured on May 19th 1780 let alone the implication it has in regards to bible prophecy.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

The Great Lisbon Earthquake.

On November 1, 1755 at around 9:40 a massive earthquake rocked the city of Lisbon, the following tsunami and fire caused near-total destruction leaving in its wake an estimated death toll of 60,000 to 100,000 people dead. Geologists estimate today that the Lisbon earthquake would have rated 9 on the Richter scale with the epicenter in the Atlantic Ocean about 200km west southwest of the Cape St. Vincent.
So the question is why would I try to attach this event to the above prophecy? Why not some other earthquake; After all there have been other earthquakes that have kill more people an cause more destruction. Well according to that same prophecy cretin events happen in succession of each other.

The Dark Day.

Most of you I am sure have heard it said on many occasions that” Jesus is coming soon” maybe from Your parents, Pastor, perhaps even an Elder, Deacon maybe even a close friend or Stranger, but how soon, is soon! On May 19th 1780; known as” The Dark Day”.
History records a great darkness, that rendered the day hideously dark beyond anything anyone have ever experience in recorded history. Millions of people saw it. From evening time until after midnight, not even one ray of light could pass thugh the thick darkness.
Soon after the event it was dubbed “the blackness of darkness!” one eye-witness Said "I Could not help conceiving, at the time, that if every luminous body in the universe Had been shrouded in impenetrable darkness, or struck out of existence, the darkness could not have been more complete."
All of this took place on May 19th 1780, 25 years after what we know now as the “Great Lisbon Earthquake”.
If I where to be finished at this point you could look at me and say “well what Happen to the Moon turning into blood? And all the other stuff” and you would be right to do so. The next thing that Rev 6:12 said would happen is.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal… and the moon became as blood;

Now after midnight the moon could be seen as it was fully dark still but as one eye-witness said, "it had not the least effect to dispel the death-like shadows.” However the darkness disappeared after some time, and then the moon, when first visible, had the appearance of blood.

The next event to take place was a meteor shower which took place on November 13, 1833 and known as “The Great Leonid Meteor Storm of 1833” which covered the sky in a wonderful array lights.

Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Since the last of these events in this prophecy it has been 175 years. The last and final events of this prophecy is as follows

Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Let us all hope we will be ready for this day when out Great Lord and savior comes to take us home.
Amen

Back