Revelation 10

Revelation 10:1:
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
Revelation 10:2:
And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
Revelation 10:3:
And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
Revelation 10:4:
And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Here we find what I always try to caution people to understand, everything is not revealed to us. God has given, to us, His children, all that we need to know and no more. Why am I concerned? There are three, yes three, types of people on the Earth God created. The first is the Lost Man and you will need to read and then Chain Reference Matt. 22:2-14 to understand that there are two classes of Saved Men.

I am oft rebuked, some harshly, for this teaching but it is the teaching of God by the Son. If we have been to church at all, we know that going to our final destination, Heaven or the Abyss, is eternal. From this teaching I extract the truth that, save those at the Great White Throne Judgment, all that are at the Wedding Feast will remain in the Food Grace of God forever. The guests at the feast in the parable, greatly out number the Bride. They (in my opinion) have entered through the Narrow Gate but, it would appear, have not loved the Groom, Christ, with all their heart, body and soul!

So my concern, this lack of all the information goes and rows in two directions! The Bride tries, not always successfully, to obey their Christ but then there are those that are both in the Guests and in the Lost that instead of reading the Word of God and building their faith, they begin to Interpret, not from one language to another but, into what God should have said or meant to say. We are saved by faith and we grow only by faith!

And then the old fossil pulls his stingy brim down toward his glasses, steps off the stump and walks away.

Revelation 10:5:
And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
Revelation 10:6:
And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

I have more than few times, seen folks, some of them preaching for many years, teach that this seventh angel is Jesus but verses 5 and 6 should prohibit all teachers from making that claim because the angel, possibly Michael or Gabriel, swears by Jesus. When we deal with scripture we should, and in my opinion, must, always be careful not to interpret the Word of God unless it is from one language to another. God has already blessed men to give us His Word and God knew exactly what He wanted to say.

Revelation 10:7:
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
Revelation 10:8:
And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

Now we see that Jesus, still in Heaven, is commanding John to take the little book from the hand of His angel, once again, confirming that this is a servant of His, with one foot on the earth and one on the land.

Revelation 10:9:
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
Revelation 10:10:
And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
Revelation 10:11:
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

There is, and I believe for good reason, a great deal of discussion had on this passage. What I have been given by the Holy Ghost is a Spiritual application here. John, like Daniel, has been forbidden to write everything he has seen, heard and made privy to. As a man chosen, by God, to evangelize, I have had great success with the Internet and Prison portions of my ministry. I have helped people from all six populated continents to find the foot of the cross of Jesus.

When God first saved me I consumed the Book (the Bible) and it was the sweetest thing I had ever found! But like D.L. Moody, it made my belly ache. D.L. Once looked out the window of his hotel room in London and when asked what he saw he said something about all the lost people that were going to Hell. One cannot embrace the truth of the Bible without being heart-broken.

Revelation 10:1:
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
Revelation 10:2:
And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
Revelation 10:3:
And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Here we find what I always try to caution people to understand, everything is not revealed to us. God has given, to us, His children, all that we need to know and no more. Why am I concerned? There are three, yes three, types of people on the Earth God created. The first is the Lost Man and you will need to read and then Chain Reference Matt. 22:2-14 to understand that there are two classes of Saved Men.

I am oft rebuked, some harshly, for this teaching but it is the teaching of God by the Son. If we have been to church at all, we know that going to our final destination, Heaven or the Abyss, is eternal. From this teaching I extract the truth that, save those at the Great White Throne Judgment, all that are at the Wedding Feast will remain in the Food Grace of God forever. The guests at the feast in the parable, greatly out number the Bride. They (in my opinion) have entered through the Narrow Gate but, it would appear, have not loved the Groom, Christ, with all their heart, body and soul!

So my concern, this lack of all the information goes and rows in two directions! The Bride tries, not always successfully, to obey their Christ but then there are those that are both in the Guests and in the Lost that instead of reading the Word of God and building their faith, they begin to Interpret, not from one language to another but, into what God should have said or meant to say. We are saved by faith and we grow only by faith!

And then the old fossil pulls his stingy brim down toward his glasses, steps off the stump and walks away.

Revelation 10:5:
And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
Revelation 10:6:
And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

I have more than few times, seen folks, some of them preaching for many years, teach that this seventh angel is Jesus but verses 5 and 6 should prohibit all teachers from making that claim because the angel, possibly Michael or Gabriel, swears by Jesus. When we deal with scripture we should, and in my opinion, must, always be careful not to interpret the Word of God unless it is from one language to another. God has already blessed men to give us His Word and God knew exactly what He wanted to say.

Revelation 10:7:
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
Revelation 10:8:
And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

Now we see that Jesus, still in Heaven, is commanding John to take the little book from the hand of His angel, once again, confirming that this is a servant of His, with one foot on the earth and one on the land.

Revelation 10:9:
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
Revelation 10:10:
And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
Revelation 10:11:
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

There is, and I believe for good reason, a great deal of discussion had on this passage. What I have been given by the Holy Ghost is a Spiritual application here. John, like Daniel, has been forbidden to write everything he has seen, heard and made privy to. As a man chosen, by God, to evangelize, I have had great success with the Internet and Prison portions of my ministry. I have helped people from all six populated continents to find the foot of the cross of Jesus.

When God first saved me I consumed the Book (the Bible) and it was the sweetest thing I had ever found! But like D.L. Moody, it made my belly ache. D.L. Once looked out the window of his hotel room in London and when asked what he saw he said something about all the lost people that were going to Hell. One cannot embrace the truth of the Bible without being heart-broken.

You said..............
"There are three, yes three, types of people on the Earth God created. The first is the Lost Man and you will need to read and then Chain Reference Matt. 22:2-14 to understand that there are two classes of Saved Men."

I will have to think about that one for awaile my friend.

I thought there were only TWO. The saved sinner and the LOST sinner.

IF, the Scripture of Matt. 22:13 tells us............
"Then said the king to the servant, bind him hand and foot and take him away and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

The "bidden" guests are the people of Israel, whereas the ones in the "highway" are the Gentiles. The man without the WEDDING GARMENT came to the feast but disregarded the propriety of the kings provision, since such garments are supplied by the host.

Verse 12 tells us that the guests had to have the wedding garment which is the robe of righteousness which can only come from the Lord Jesus Christ. That tells me that the ones rejected WERE NEVER SAVED TO BEGIN WITH, doesn't it because "outer darkness" symbolizes the eternal judgment of the LOST.

1 John 2:19
"They went out from us but they were not of us; for if they had been of us they would no doubt have continued with us".

That tells me that all in the church were not in fact saved...but were stilll un-forgiven sinners instead of saved sinners.

You said..............
"There are three, yes three, types of people on the Earth God created. The first is the Lost Man and you will need to read and then Chain Reference Matt. 22:2-14 to understand that there are two classes of Saved Men."

I will have to think about that one for awaile my friend.

I thought there were only TWO. The saved sinner and the LOST sinner.

What I find in the passage of Matt. 22 is somewhat different. The original guests were, agreed, the nations of Israel and Judah were combined into just Israel at that point, I believe, and the Bride is the Church of our LORD. This does not, as some tend to believe, exclude all of Judah from salvation. We must always remember that the twelve, including Saul/Paul, were Jewish.

But when we look closely and prayerfully meditate on the passage of verses 2-14 it is clear, at least to me, that there are indeed, two classes of sinners but with one of the classes subdivided. What I have taught here is that, as you have, indeed, considerd, there are two classes of saved sinners.

(Major, I´m not trying to talk down to you but as I respond here I´m thinking that New Christians and children might read these mumblings of mine and yours.)

Verse 12 tells us that the guests had to have the wedding garment which is the robe of righteousness which can only come from the Lord Jesus Christ. That tells me that the ones rejected WERE NEVER SAVED TO BEGIN WITH, doesn't it because "outer darkness" symbolizes the eternal judgment of the LOST.

"They went out from us but they were not of us; for if they had been of us they would no doubt have continued with us".

That tells me that all in the church were not in fact saved...but were stilll un-forgiven sinners instead of saved sinners.[/quote]

This is very interesting, I never knew this. It would be nice to know what the 7 thunders uttered were.

I have heard similar teaching before. Teaching that the 'bride' of Christ would be in the inner circle with God, like His immediate family. Then all those prior to Christ (not in Abraham bosom), tribulation saints and the very few passing judgement for living by their laws would enter heaven as guests not family. In John 14:6 Jesus is saying that nobody comes to the 'Father' God but by Him, implying that you can still come to Creator ''God' by other means. I don't personally agree with this line of thinking. But I won't put God in a box, He can do anything.

This is very interesting, I never knew this. It would be nice to know what the 7 thunders uttered were.

I have heard similar teaching before. Teaching that the 'bride' of Christ would be in the inner circle with God, like His immediate family. Then all those prior to Christ (not in Abraham bosom), tribulation saints and the very few passing judgement for living by their laws would enter heaven as guests not family. In John 14:6 Jesus is saying that nobody comes to the 'Father' God but by Him, implying that you can still come to Creator ''God' by other means. I don't personally agree with this line of thinking. But I won't put God in a box, He can do anything.

NO........the 7 "thunders" were never explained.

The Bride of Christ is actually the "Church" which will be on display in the New Jerusalem (Pearly White City) that will come down from heaven.

Remember this........the Old Test. saints were never promised heaven. They were promised the "Promised Land".

KINGJ..............All of the Old Test. saints were in fact saved the same way we were saved, by faith in the Messiah.

We look back in time and know His name to be Jesus who is the Christ of God.

The Old Test. believers looked forward in time toward the Messiah promised by God not knowing His name.

That is why the blood sacrifices were so important. The blood POINTED toward a coming Messiah and every drop of blood was a "type" of the atoinment that He would satisfy by His shed blood and death. It was NOT the keeping of the law that allowed them to enter Abraham's bosom but it was by FAITH in that the blood shed by animals that covered their sin until the Messiah would shed the blood to cleanse them from their sin.

Just as I indicated and Major has affirmed, we are not given everything for a reason. Not being God but, rather, His creation we are weak, in comparison to God. Through-out my ministry I have crossed the paths of many saved and lost men and women. Both groups have some issues with portions of the scriptures. The, single, most common being with the death penalty.

Many people claiming the name of Christ want to do away with this or some other problematic portion of the Word of God. We are not told the uttering of the seven thunders because we are to trust God, no matter what. In the case of the Death Penalty we are being tried to test our obedience. The crux of the matter is, ¨Do we, actually, trust God enough to obey Him?¨

It is interesting that you mention Abraham´s Buxom, a.k.a. Paradise. This matter is one worthy of itś own string but what I see from the scripture s that the only people that were ever in Paradise are the Old Testament Saints. In Matt. 27:50-54 we see Jesus die and the next you know, the Old Testament Saints are running around in the streets of the Holy City. The intresting and study worthy point in this is the working definition of Hell.

Some of the Creeds of Christianity have Jesus descending into Hell to preach to these Saints that could not enter into Heaven without their accepting Him as their Savior. In the story, some call it a parable, of Lazarus and the rich man we see Jesus placing the rich man into Hell, awaiting the Great White Throne Judgment, while Lazarus is in Paradise, awaiting Jesus, that he might pass from Paradise, into Heaven. You see, this matter of Paradise, the Buxom of Abraham, Hell and the Lake of Fire or the Abyss are matters that require defining when speaking of them. These are the source of much, useless, friction among Christians.

The Bride of Christ is actually the "Church" which will be on display in the New Jerusalem (Pearly White City) that will come down from heaven.
Remember this........the Old Test. saints were never promised heaven. They were promised the "Promised Land".
KINGJ..............All of the Old Test. saints were in fact saved the same way we were saved, by faith in the Messiah.
We look back in time and know His name to be Jesus who is the Christ of God.
The Old Test. believers looked forward in time toward the Messiah promised by God not knowing His name.
That is why the blood sacrifices were so important. The blood POINTED toward a coming Messiah and every drop of blood was a "type" of the atoinment that He would satisfy by His shed blood and death. It was NOT the keeping of the law that allowed them to enter Abraham's bosom but it was by FAITH in that the blood shed by animals that covered their sin until the Messiah would shed the blood to cleanse them from their sin.

I agree 100% with you Major. I think you missed my 'don't :)'. Until our discussions in my thread 'theorising John 14:6' I was juggling between the two ideas. My dad used to preach what I mentioned above.
Theres actually not much I disagree with you and th1bill on :).

we see Jesus die and the next you know, the Old Testament Saints are running around in the streets of the Holy City
haha true, what happened must be obvious.
Some of the Creeds of Christianity have Jesus descending into Hell to preach to these Saints that could not enter into Heaven without their accepting Him as their Savior.
Personally I don't see Jesus necessarily 'preaching' to them. I see it as more a pop-in visit like the rapture. They were surely all waiting for Jesus. Just as we are now. If He had to 'preach' it can be assumed that some would have rejected what He preached?

I agree 100% with you Major. I think you missed my 'don't :)'. Until our discussions in my thread 'theorising John 14:6' I was juggling between the two ideas. My dad used to preach what I mentioned above.
Theres actually not much I disagree with you and th1bill on :).

haha true, what happened must be obvious.

Personally I don't see Jesus necessarily 'preaching' to them. I see it as more a pop-in visit like the rapture. They were surely all waiting for Jesus. Just as we are now. If He had to 'preach' it can be assumed that some would have rejected what He preached?

Hey my man........you can count on th1bill to be square and solid as a rock!!!

King......Lets see what the Scriptures say.

1 Peter 3:18-19
"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us[a] to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison".

My dear friend......it matters not what He said at all. The fact is IMO--- THEY ALL BELIEVED WHAT HE SAID!

Every single soul in torments today is a believer in Jesus Christ. They simply can not and will never be able to leave where they are for eternity. IMO that is the real "HELL" of hell.

I believe it must be that way because of Phillipians 2:10...........
"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Even in hell---all with praise the Lord Jesus!!!

What I find in the passage of Matt. 22 is somewhat different. The original guests were, agreed, the nations of Israel and Judah were combined into just Israel at that point, I believe, and the Bride is the Church of our LORD. This does not, as some tend to believe, exclude all of Judah from salvation. We must always remember that the twelve, including Saul/Paul, were Jewish.

But when we look closely and prayerfully meditate on the passage of verses 2-14 it is clear, at least to me, that there are indeed, two classes of sinners but with one of the classes subdivided. What I have taught here is that, as you have, indeed, considerd, there are two classes of saved sinners.

(Major, I´m not trying to talk down to you but as I respond here I´m thinking that New Christians and children might read these mumblings of mine and yours.)

That tells me that all in the church were not in fact saved...but were stilll un-forgiven sinners instead of saved sinners.
[/quote]

No problem at all my friend.

"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us[a] to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison".

My dear friend......it matters not what He said at all. The fact is IMO--- THEY ALL BELIEVED WHAT HE SAID!

Every single soul in torments today is a believer in Jesus Christ. They simply can not and will never be able to leave where they are for eternity. IMO that is the real "HELL" of hell.

"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

I know why out LORD has placed us in different locations, He doesn´t need two fundamentally Basic Christian Teachers that close together. Our teaching already over laps from a distance. :)

gif,GIF89a%12%00%12%00%B3%00%00%FF%FF%FF%F7%F7%EF%CC%CC%CC%BD%BE%BD%99%99%99ZYZRUR%00%00%00%FE%01%02%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%21%F9%04%04%14%00%FF%00%2C%00%00%00%00%12%00%12%00%00%04X0%C8I%2B%1D8%EB%3D%E4%00%60%28%8A%85%17%0AG*%8C%40%19%7C%00J%08%C4%B1%92%26z%C76%FE%02%07%C2%89v%F0%7Dz%C3b%C8u%14%82V5%23o%A7%13%19L%BCY-%25%7D%A6l%DF%D0%F5%C7%02%85%5B%D82%90%CBT%87%D8i7%88Y%A8%DB%EFx%8B%DE%12%01%00%3B

I agree. My statement though was aimed at the 'Buxom of Abraham'. I must have mis-quoted :confused:.

Back