Revelation 22:18

Revelation 22:18

Revelation 22:18 (New International Version)

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

um,I think I've mentioned before that I was gonna go look around in the local LDS,and being the nosy little kid I was,I did:rolleyes:

thing is,I was reading through revelation and this verse caught my eyes cos the mormons had their book of mormon? I'm just wondering if this was talking about them,or the catholics? (cathos have extra chapters in the bible,I think).

and well,it's a different concept for mormons right?cos their 'extra chapters' were not in the bible?:confused: I asked the missionaries about this particular verse,and they said something along the line of ''it's not to be taken literally.'' because according to them,the bible was not chronologically arranged,and that hebrews was supposedly after revelation.

so last question is,does it matter if the bible was chronologically arranged?

There is no limitation to whom that applies to.

Just a reminder to all who post in this thread . This thread will be watched for anyone who does not follow this rule , the thread will be closed .

3.2bChristianForumSite.com has a wide variety of members from around the World. This Forum does not allow the elevation of one Christian belief system over another. This is a violation of Regulations 3.1 and 3.2 in demeaning and belittling the beliefs of other Christians while promoting another system so as to create an atmosphere of superiority. Any such posts or threads will be removed and a reminder, warning or ban issued as necessary.

Thankyou for your consideration

The Moderator Team

More specifically to our Mormon friends who received the "extra revealtions" through an angel(?):
Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

um,I think I've mentioned before that I was gonna go look around in the local LDS,and being the nosy little kid I was,I did:rolleyes:

thing is,I was reading through revelation and this verse caught my eyes cos the mormons had their book of mormon? I'm just wondering if this was talking about them,or the catholics? (cathos have extra chapters in the bible,I think).

and well,it's a different concept for mormons right?cos their 'extra chapters' were not in the bible?:confused: I asked the missionaries about this particular verse,and they said something along the line of ''it's not to be taken literally.'' because according to them,the bible was not chronologically arranged,and that hebrews was supposedly after revelation.

How about when the group asks you to swear on those extra books, adding an extra step needed to get to heaven?

Don't let anyone cover the truth with lies.

No matter what order you put the 66 Books of the Bible in they still say the same thing. Adding to them brings a curse from God.

> Tyler: no,they don't swear upon it.As far as I know,they give us the books but we're not forced to read it or anything.At the most,we just dont get a temple recommend. =/

>Boanerges: the gal verses totally wowed me.I guess I have to read the bible more :3
but with regards to the extra chapters and all,does that include the catholics?

Yes, you're right, you need to read the Bible more. When you do get familiar with it, you will see lots of same scripture in the Bom as in the Bible. You don't really want to be temple approved, my Dear. If you do get that far, then you will be sorely disappointed because that is where the spirits will pull you down. That is where you open up yourself to all kinds of bondage. . . fear being the big one. I should probably stop here so I will not step on anyone's feet. Just please heed my words. I've been there, and know what you are feeling. I got out just in time. But I'm still praying for my friends who are so caught up in it's deception. If you have questions, you can pm me. Bonnie

Hi 3-nails,

The book of Revelation was written by the apostle John while he was on the island of Patmos.

The bible was only put together many years later by the early church fathers. The curse contained in the book of Revelation probably only pertains to the book of Revelation because when it was written the bible did not yet exist as a whole.

The bible is a collection of different books written by many different authors of very different backgrounds.

It is written over a period of more than two thousand years but is absolutely coherent. No other book can make this claim!

As Christians we would probably like the curse in Revelation to pertain to the whole Bible but I think it only is applicable to Revelation. Although the Bible is the written word of God, so any deliberate changes to make it less than what it is, is a form of blasphemy.

The bible is not put together in chronological order at all. Take the prophets, they are placed in order of length ie the major and minor prophets. Pauls Epsitles are not in chronological order either. If I remember correctly I think Ephesians was the fist letter and not the book of Romans.

Who ever told you that the Bible is in chronological order is not correct.

Revelation 22:18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; (NASB ©1995)

Deuteronomy 4:2 "You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 "Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

Proverbs 30:6 Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

Revelation 22:7 "And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book."

"[22:6-19] The Lord Jesus spake by the angel, solemnly confirming the contents of this book, particularly of this last vision. He is the Lord God faithful and true. Also by his messengers; the holy angels showed them to holy men of God. They are things that must shortly be done; Christ will come quickly, and put all things out of doubt. And by the integrity of that angel who had been the apostle's interpreter. He refused to accept religious worship from John, and reproved him for offering it. This presents another testimony against idolatrous worship of saints and angels. God calls every one to witness to the declarations here made. This book, thus kept open, will have effect upon men; the filthy and unjust will be more so, but it will confirm, strengthen, and further sanctify those who are upright with God. Never let us think that a dead or disobedient faith will save us, for the First and the Last has declared that those alone are blessed who do his commandments. It is a book that shuts out form heaven all wicked and unrighteous persons, particularly those who love and make lies, therefore cannot itself be a lie. There is no middle place or condition. Jesus, who is the Spirit of prophecy, has given his churches this morning-light of prophecy, to assure them of the light of the perfect day approaching. All is confirmed by an open and general invitation to mankind, to come and partake freely of the promises and of the privileges of the gospel. The Spirit, by the sacred word, and by convictions and influence in the sinner's conscience, says, Come to Christ for salvation; and the bride, or the whole church, on earth and in heaven, says, Come and share our happiness. Lest any should hesitate, it is added, Let whosoever will, or, is willing, come and take of the water of life freely. May every one who hears or reads these words, desire at once to accept the gracious invitation. All are condemned who should dare to corrupt or change the word of God, either by adding to it, or taking from it." Matthew Henry

> Tyler: no,they don't swear upon it.As far as I know,they give us the books but we're not forced to read it or anything.At the most,we just dont get a temple recommend. =/

Well that is a huge problem then isn't it? Is there a place in the temple more sacred, only reserved for those who have completed certain steps?

Ask them how you get to heaven.

we can find all the faults in people like the mormons and others but we find it very difficult to find the faults in many of our born again brothers and sisters...our born again brothers and sisters also add and change to the word in their own ways,but its still wrong....There is only one right,and plenty wrongs...

we can find all the faults in people like the mormons and others but we find it very difficult to find the faults in many of our born again brothers and sisters...our born again brothers and sisters also add and change to the word in their own ways,but its still wrong....There is only one right,and plenty wrongs...

You have a point there my son .... Bottom line ..... Look to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith . If we put our eyes on people they will utlimately always fail.

hmmm least,I don't get what you're saying..can you explain more?

Tyler. I found out pretty much about their plan of salvation cos I asked in the first lesson and was given tasks cos they said I was moving fast..but I prolly shouldnt discuss it here cos it'd be against the code here,and I have to respect that.

Hey bonnie, I'll pm you pretty soon :3 it's kinda weird too,some of the things they say. what I liked about them was the emphasis on the family life :x cos I never had a good relationship with my parents..but after just two services, I do feel that I am accommodating my parents more and more =/

I do agree with you,Oogii and mummy :\

I do agree with you,Oggii and mummy :\

Yes my daughter . It is best to follow Jesus not what any doctrine or man can tell you .

Dig for yourself my dear and the Holy Spirit with reveal much to you. Love you, Amandaz.... You are doing great. :D:D

Any thing that leads you from Christ and His gospel is not your friend.

Tyler. I found out pretty much about their plan of salvation cos I asked in the first lesson and was given tasks cos they said I was moving fast..but I prolly shouldnt discuss it here cos it'd be against the code here,and I have to respect that.

:\

I hope you find what you're looking for. God bless.

Back