Revelation 22:18

actually.it seems pretty much the same.

faith/belief.
repentance.
baptism.

i forgot the last two.

but the first three seems okayish.

Sorry,but I'll go off topic a little,
why do we have to say the sinner's prayer at altar call?
It wasn't mentioned in the bible? :eek:

That is a very old argument. The "sinners prayer is not in the bible verbatim but the principles certainly are:

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be
saved.

faith/belief.
repentance.
baptism.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

i forgot the last two.

Of course it seems the same. As I explained to you earlier little sister that is how a cult operates. Truth, truth, 1/2 truth. Truth, truth, lie. If you mix in the poison slow enough you won't even know you have swallowed it until it is to late.
Playing with (demonic) fire will always get you burnt.

If you want some info into how this cult operates, it's deception and how it purposefully leads one from God's grace and into works based religious bondage take some time to study the links here:

Mormonism, Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints, examined and documented.

Amandaz ..... I think it is because if we openly confess before men that we are a sinner , somehow it does have more meaning in our lives . Not to say that one cannot recieve Jesus any where and invite Him into their hearts because many have received Him in other places .

I guess they do that in church so that the new believer can get material to help them in their new walk and also people who will mentor them .

faith/belief.
repentance.
baptism.

i forgot the last two.

This is what they teach. It's not the same at all.

In order to reach this exalted state of godhood, a person must first become a good Mormon, pay a full ten percent tithe to the Mormon church, follow various laws and ordinances of the church, and be found worthy. At this point, they receive a temple recommend whereupon, the Mormon is allowed to enter their sacred temples in order to go through set of secret rituals: baptism for the dead, celestial marriage, and various oaths of secrecy and commitment. Additionally, four secret handshakes are taught so the believing Mormon, upon entering the third level of Mormon heaven, can shake hands with god in a certain pattern. This celestial ritual is for the purpose of permitting entrance into the highest level of heaven. For those who achieve this highest of heavens, exaltation to godhood awaits them. Then, he or she, will be permitted to have his or her own planet and be the god of his own world and the Mormon system will be expanded to other planets.

Revelation 22:18 (New International Version)

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

um,I think I've mentioned before that I was gonna go look around in the local LDS,and being the nosy little kid I was,I did:rolleyes:

thing is,I was reading through revelation and this verse caught my eyes cos the mormons had their book of mormon? I'm just wondering if this was talking about them,or the catholics? (cathos have extra chapters in the bible,I think).

and well,it's a different concept for mormons right?cos their 'extra chapters' were not in the bible?:confused: I asked the missionaries about this particular verse,and they said something along the line of ''it's not to be taken literally.'' because according to them,the bible was not chronologically arranged,and that hebrews was supposedly after revelation.

so last question is,does it matter if the bible was chronologically arranged?

I just saw this thread.
Back to the original post, but I’ve added verse 19.

Rev 22:18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

Notice in verse 18 it says, “the prophecy of this book”.
And in verse 19 it says, “the book of this prophecy”.

Many believe, me included, that the two different wordings are referring to the book of revelations, and the entire Bible as a whole. It doesn’t matter much who the author of any particular book is. It is all the inspired word of God. If you add or remove anything from any book of the Bible, you are acting as God’s editor. God doesn’t need an editor. He can not be improved upon. His word is perfect from beginning to end.

As far as the Catholics having more books in their Bible? I don’t know if the two above verses apply to that. I think it mainly applies to the meaning of what God says in the Bible. I don’t think Catholics are going to be cursed for having extra books in their Bible.

And the LDS, and the Mormons?
Well… that’s a whole other story.

And as far as the Bible being chronologically arranged?
Well, it isn’t, but that’s just about things as they happen in our time being put in order.
God wrote the Bible, remember?
And God was there when the Bible was put together.
God really isn’t concerned much with “time” as we think of it.
The Bible, as it is, works very well.

The warning is was given in Galatians and it is clear.

Galatians 1
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Trust only in His Word.

I believe this warning was given for a reason. If an angel was incapable of giving a false revelation the Holy Spirit inspired warning here would not have been given. i believe this warning was also a kind of prophecy, did not muhammad claim his revelation came from an angel? it may well have come from an angel. The book of revelation also reveals something about the angels.

Revelation 12
7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him

The greatest protection from the great deciever and his angels is ones love for the Gospel truth. The love for the Gospel message of the atonement of our sins by the rightious act of the Messiah Jesus, That through reliance and trust in His rightiousness we are saved.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

no offence,but could you guys have been wrong?
this is LDS,not FLDS in texas..
they have been reformed.
could they not have just been another member of the family?

they have been reformed.
No offense but anti-Christ is anti-Christ. We are not nor will we ever be little gods, Jesus is not Satan's brother but is God Himself. The Father is not one of a race of God's but is the One true Living God and there is none like Him. Neither did God turn sinners black nor do we need special Temple underwear,God doesn't live on a mythical planet called Kolob and the "revelations" of Joeshep Smith is not part of the bible. If you haven't heard this stuff yet that is normal and you need to be patient for the really off the wall stuff.
Your choice to embrace this corruption is a tragic mistake little one.

I won't get to see the missionaries till thursday,earliest.

Bro Larry,I've done some research online and I've read it already..Is there a proper way to pray?cos everybody I know,mormons included,have been asking me to pray..

Prayer comes from the heart and can be requests and especially conversations with God. It can be many different things depending on the circumstances.
Jesus taught His disciples to pray to the Father in His Name. The scriptures teach us to pray in faith believing that God has heard and will answer.
Jesus was always the best example and His prayers reflected thanksgiving and a simple belief that God not only heard His every Word but He was ready, willing and able to answer.

Mat 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

There is one thing all "christian" cults have in common:

They use christian terminology to attack the divinity of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is God, has always been God and will always be God!

Anything that takes away from the divinity of Christ is antichrist (replaces) in nature and leads to death.

Salvation comes through faith, not in a system or religion or though good work but through faith IN Jesus Christ.

Becareful of the spiral of indoctrination. They will start off all loving and feel good stuff, they will throw a bit of christian terminology in to make you feel at home because it is familiar to you. Then they lead you down the garden path.:badidea:

The mormons are a cult designed by Joseph Smith who apparently found magical golden tablets in the USA and read them with a pair of magical golden glasses! Do some reading about Joseph Smith, how he used to search for gold by using a hat of divination, how he was defeated in court because he could not read or write basic ancient Hebrew or Greek and yet published his own bible etc etc etc.

Ask them straight out who they believe Jesus to be. If they do not recognise Him as God Himself, the real God not a small demy god, then walk away.

Mormons claim they are gods, ask them to prove it! Ask them to heal somebody, ask them to change water into wine. If they are gods as they claim to be, surely this is an easy task for them!!! If they cannot do these things they are nothing more than mere humans, just like the rest of us, in need of salvation through a God who gave His life for us out of love.

Jesus loves you all you have to do is turn to Him and Him alone, do not let anybody or any system take you away from His love!

they have been reformed.

I believe the Word of God is right. And if what joseph smith gave was true why would it need to be "reformed" ? Do we need to reform the Words of Jesus or the letters of Paul or Peter?

Lets go back to the basics. What did satan use to tempt Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden? What was his enticement that motivated Adam and Eve to rebel against the Will of God?

Genesis 3

3But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

So satan said they would be gods if they followed his guidance, the prospect of becoming gods was what motivated them. It was indeed a lie of satan that lead to their deaths.

Now what is the main motivation/ enticement/ prize of the teachings that joseph smith gave?

Simply that those who strive and succeed in following the teachings he gave will become gods.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

but the galatians verse,1:8.

didn't angels also appear to mary and joseph and the shepherds?

and the post by WhoAmI.. if indeed revelations 22:18-19 was talking about the curse befalling upon those who altered the contents of the bible,wouldn't that mean that either christians/catholics WOULD perish because one has more/less than what was approved in the book?

gosh.I'm really confused.

no,mormons don't become gods.
and the bit about reformation - the Lutherans came about through reformations as well..does it make them any less christian?

Below is a direct quotation out of the Doctrine and covenants of the LDS.

section 132 19-20

19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man amarry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and beverlasting covenant, and it is csealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of dpromise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the ekeys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit fthrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s gBook of Life, that he shall commit no hmurder whereby to shed innocent iblood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their jexaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the kseeds forever and ever.
20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from aeverlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be bgods, because they have call power, and the angels are subject unto them.

They do believe they are gods.

How many gods are there? The Christian faith says there is only one, what do the mormons say?

THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM
TRANSLATED FROM THE PAPYRUS, BY JOSEPH SMITH
CHAPTER 4
The Gods plan the creation of the earth and all life thereon—Their plans for the six days of creation are set forth.

Please read the rest of the chapter yourself.

What does the Christian bible say about God.

Exo 20:1 And God spoke all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2 I am Jehovah your God, who has brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 You shall have no other gods before Me.
Exo 20:4 You shall not make to yourselves any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Exo 20:5 You shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them. For I Jehovah your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons to the third and fourth generation of those that hate me,
Exo 20:6 and showing mercy to thousands of those that love Me and keep My commandments.
Exo 20:7 You shall not take the name of Jehovah your God in vain. For Jehovah will not hold him guiltless that takes His name in vain.

and the post by WhoAmI.. if indeed revelations 22:18-19 was talking about the curse befalling upon those who altered the contents of the bible,wouldn't that mean that either christians/catholics WOULD perish because one has more/less than what was approved in the book?

and the bit about reformation - the Lutherans came about through reformations as well..does it make them any less christian?

Yes, the angels appeared to them as a messenger, telling them some news. Angel Moroni wrote the whole Bom, adding books to the Bible. They will tell you that, that the Bom just adds to the Bible. And the Christians/Catholics who interpreted the Bible, didn't change it. God said something to that effect about His Word. (help me someone). And, yes, Mormons most definately believe the men in the priesthood will become gods and have their own planet. They just have not told you that yet. Don't forget, I was told by an ex-Mormon that they believe it is not lying if they tell a lie to convert someone. So, they will bold-face lie to you if they need to.

The RLDS came about through Jo Smith's son, he was next in line to be the Prophet, but somehow satan worked it so that Brigham Young became the prophet after Father Smith died. The RLDS is nothing at all like the LDS. They are totally New Age type. I visited them once and went online with them.

Oh, and also, Joseph didn't die in jail like it is written in their accounts. History tells the truth. He died at the hands of his Masonic Brothers, who wanted him killed because he stole all their hand signs, their symbols, and undergarments, apron, etc. He was a Mason, his father a Master Mason, and they didn't like it when he incorporated their stuff into his religion, so being the powerful men they are, they killed him, and blamed it on the towns people. So, you should be convinced by now that it is all a scam, which perfectly educated people can get all wrapped up in and find it hard to get out. I pray for my friend, Joy, daily. That's all I have to say on this subject.

Yep but they never tried to present another gospel but only proclaimed Christ.
Huh? I am not here to judge everyone but I know better than to let someone rewrite the Scriptures and call it acceptable.

Yes you are.
That is a stated doctrine of the mormoms. And as Sis has said they consider it appropriate to life when it advances their cause.
Martin Luther's main point was to give the Word of God to the people not to rewrite the bible.

Little sis forgive me if I am blunt- why do you keep asking these questions? You already know the bible based answers you will get.You know the Word of God condemns that so I am quite sure you know the answers before you post the questions. You seem to enjoy your encounters with these poor souls but just remember- if you play with fire you will get burnt.
Honestly it seems that you have already made up your mind so why the discussion?

Perhaps you should PM Sweet Surrender and ask her what the mormons did for her life. As a former member she can tell you about religious bondage better than most.

Is this post a little blunt- perhaps- please consider this an opportunity to wake up. Church isn't about who can be the nicest to you and make you feel the best it is about following Jesus Christ.

Back