Revelation 22:18

Indeed I can guess the answers I might get,but should that stop me from seeking a confirmation?Sorry if I sound rude,but that's not my intention.I've only been about a year old in christ and I'm not theoretically grounded.So even if I get the scriptural answers,it's just words to me.I need someone/a group to help me with it,that's why I put it up for discussion.

Nothing to be sorry for.:)
It won't be until the Word of God becomes more than just words to you that you are truly rooted and grounded in the truth.

We have all sinned and despised the Holy Almighty God and broken His Holy laws. We all are condemned as sinners who are to be eternally punished for our wicked, rebellious sins that deserve death- an eternal death since we are humans and have broken the laws of a Holy Righteous Just God. We won't know just how evil it is to sin until we all stand before a Holy God on judgement day. We must first have the law applied to our hearts - to break them- and the Holy Spirit, if God wills, will do it, have mercy on us, and grant us repentance that leads to life. We come to Christ as unworthy sick sinners for mercy and forgiveness, and He will heal us. We Repent and Believe, and bow to Him as Lord and Savior. But we first recognize the weight of the matter of our dire need for a savior, before we bow to Him as Lord and beg for mercy and Grace. He is Holy and Faithful and says the one who comes to Him He will not turn away, the bruised reed He will not break, the smoldering wick He will not extinguish. Until we come to Him on His terms we abide under God's Wrath and are regarded by Him as His enemies. When we come to Christ for mercy and acknowledge our guilt, He will wash us whiter than snow and God will make us a son, justified by faith in His Son,-that is God who came in the flesh, as a man and fully God, who stripped off His Majesty, and came to serve and give His life as a ransome for many. God is just and demands justice. The divine sword of justice came down on His Divine Son, who was broken for unworthy sinners, and His blood was poured out...He is the only way, truth, and life, there is No other way to the Father but through Him, He and the Father are one. If the Holy Spirit knocks on your heart today, don't harden your heart to Him. You cannot come to a Holy, seperate God until you first come to His Son who pardons cleanses and redeems. Then you will be a son or daughter of the Most High and He will love you freely. This is love, not that we loved God but that while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly, when we were dead in our sins. He bore the sins of those who He would justify. He said on the Cross "It is FINISHED," and gave up His Spirit. He rose bodily on the third day, and ascended to heaven. He will give eternal life to those who believe in Him, "For by grace you are saved, through faith, and not of yourselves-it is the gift of God." By Grace alone, Through Faith alone, Not in any way of your own, nor by works of righteousness we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us. He said it is better to cut off your arm if that causes you to sin than be thrown, your whole body, into the firey hell. If there's something you're still holding on to, or a bridge behind you that may lead back to a sin that entangles you-burn it. Be saved from this evil and perverse generation. He is the Truth, you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free. John 1

"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do." John 17:3-4

"I looked, and there was no one to help, And I was astonished and there was no one to uphold; So My own arm brought salvation to Me, And My wrath upheld Me." Isaiah 63:5

Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, "SACRIFICE AND OFFERING YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME; IN WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE TAKEN NO PLEASURE. THEN I SAID, 'BEHOLD, I HAVE COME (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME) TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.'" After saying above, "SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE in them" (which are offered according to the Law), then He said, "BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL." He takes away the first in order to establish the second. By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Hebrews 10:5-10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:16-18

The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29

"She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins." Matthew 1:21 http://biblecommenter.com/matthew/1-21.htm

Psalm 51
http://nasb.scripturetext.com/psalms/51.htm

"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other." Isaiah 45:22

Charles Spurgeon read this verse and understood what it meant to look upon Jesus Christ as His only hope. To turn away from all and to turn to Him, our all in all. There is a compiled devotional of Spurgeons writings entiltled Look Upon Me that I like very much.

http://biblecommenter.com/john/1-2.htm

Nothing to be sorry for.:)
It won't be until the Word of God becomes more than just words to you that you are truly rooted and grounded in the truth.

If My Words Abide in You

1. Memorizing Scripture makes meditation possible at times when I can't be reading the Bible and meditation is the pathway of deeper understanding.

2. Memorizing Scripture strengthens my faith because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ, and that happens when I am hearing the word in my head.

3. Memorizing Scripture shapes the way I view the world by conforming my mind to God's viewpoint.

4. Memorizing Scripture makes God's word more readily accessible for overcoming temptation to sin, because God's warnings and promises are the way we conquer the deceitful promises of sin.

5. Memorizing Scripture guards my mind by making it easier to detect error . . . and the world is filled with error, since the god of this world is a liar. (like Bo said, if you admit you already have detected error in their beliefs, then why stick around learning more, Amandez?

6. Memorizing Scripture enables me to hit the devil in the face with a force he cannot resist, and so protect myself and my family from his assault.

7. Memorizing Scripture provides the strongest and sweetest words for ministering to others in need.

8. Memorizing Scripture provides the matrix for fellowship with Jesus because he talks to me through His word, and I talk to him in prayer.

9. Memorizing Scripture renews my mind.

That's my testimony. Bonnie

We love you little sister and are praying for you to make wise choices.:)

Hi 3-nails,

The book of Revelation was written by the apostle John while he was on the island of Patmos.

The bible was only put together many years later by the early church fathers. The curse contained in the book of Revelation probably only pertains to the book of Revelation because when it was written the bible did not yet exist as a whole.

I think you're right about this. Not only that, but the text does not say, "the words of this book" but rather "the words of the prophecy of this book." Since it specifically mentions prophecy, the book of Revelation is probably what John had in mind.

Brothers and sisters, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. It has been a while since I last posted and when I read through these posts I couldn't contain myself any longer. I want to first say that absolutely noone is perfect and therefore most church doctrine is falty. Even so called "Christian" doctrine can be misconstrued by the church leadership in order to serve an alternate purpose. 3 Nails here is what you need to do.

1) The "ONLY" book you need to study and read is the Bible. There are many translations I would suggest picking one that best suits your comprehension abilities. New Living Translation serves me quite well and I back it up with a good 'ol King James every now and then for context purposes.

2) Pray to God daily. He doesn't care what you say only that you are talking to him. He is your father he knows what you need more then you do. He, unlike us, knows your heart. Talk to him. He will guide you. The gospel of Mathew is a great place to read about how to pray. It can be found in the Sermon on the Mount.

3) Find someone you can trust who is biblically and spiritually grounded. They can help guide you in your faith. A friend, classmate, co-worker, relative etc... It doesn't matter and it doesn't have to be a church member or your pastor. Again, the key words are "Trust" and "Biblically Grounded".

4) Read your Bible daily, even if you don't think you will understand everything. Read it. The Holy Spirit will help to guide you through the Word. Have faith that you are not alone. Again I reccomend starting in Mathew of the New Testament but it is up to you.

5) Have faith. Young Christians are very suceptible to deception and attack. Understand that as a Christian, you will be persecuted. You will be deceived and your faith will be constantly tested. Stay true to yourself and never lose faith in Jesus. He is real and very much alive.

3 Nails, I hope I have been of some help. I urge you and the rest of my brothers and sisters here to be extremely careful of passing judgement not only to other Christians but non-Christians as well. Christ died for the sins of ALL. He is the judge not you. Treat all with respect, guard your heart and your faith, pray daily and I promise your life will be a fulfilling one. Become a tool for God to use to expand his kingdom. Remember it is not about you or I but it is about the glory and magnificance of our Lord in Heaven.

Hi Kyle,
thanks for the reply.
I think that the steps you've listed out were good,and I've been practicing them alr.
thing is,I don't know if I have the HS with me,cause I am not baptized? or is it the belief that matters?

anyhows,just a note : I'd have no problems following through most of the steps that you've listed,all except no3.I did my reflection,with guidance from one of my christian teacher,and I've come to realize that the reason why I was so lost and disillusioned about christianity was cos I placed my trust in man,and not God.

so it's not to say I won't seek help/fellowship with His people,but just that I wouldn't share that much?

Hi Kyle,
thanks for the reply.
I think that the steps you've listed out were good,and I've been practicing them alr.
thing is,I don't know if I have the HS with me,cause I am not baptized? or is it the belief that matters?

anyhows,just a note : I'd have no problems following through most of the steps that you've listed,all except no3.I did my reflection,with guidance from one of my christian teacher,and I've come to realize that the reason why I was so lost and disillusioned about christianity was cos I placed my trust in man,and not God.

so it's not to say I won't seek help/fellowship with His people,but just that I wouldn't share that much?

You don't need to be baptized to recieve the Holy Spirit.

I was out snowshoeing yesterday and I stopped and thought,"Why don't I feel great, filled with the HS, etc." I came to a conclusion that time in reflection, working, playing, living life, while trusting the Lord is with you is one of His greatest gifts we can use. Relax into your faith, just open your heart to His love, and trust Him. If I walked around wondering why I don't FEEL the HS with me all the time...well I'd be lost and wondering if I was a Christian.

Brothers and sisters, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. It has been a while since I last posted and when I read through these posts I couldn't contain myself any longer. I want to first say that absolutely noone is perfect and therefore most church doctrine is falty. Even so called "Christian" doctrine can be misconstrued by the church leadership in order to serve an alternate purpose. 3 Nails here is what you need to do.

1) The "ONLY" book you need to study and read is the Bible. There are many translations I would suggest picking one that best suits your comprehension abilities. New Living Translation serves me quite well and I back it up with a good 'ol King James every now and then for context purposes.

2) Pray to God daily. He doesn't care what you say only that you are talking to him. He is your father he knows what you need more then you do. He, unlike us, knows your heart. Talk to him. He will guide you. The gospel of Mathew is a great place to read about how to pray. It can be found in the Sermon on the Mount.

3) Find someone you can trust who is biblically and spiritually grounded. They can help guide you in your faith. A friend, classmate, co-worker, relative etc... It doesn't matter and it doesn't have to be a church member or your pastor. Again, the key words are "Trust" and "Biblically Grounded".

4) Read your Bible daily, even if you don't think you will understand everything. Read it. The Holy Spirit will help to guide you through the Word. Have faith that you are not alone. Again I reccomend starting in Mathew of the New Testament but it is up to you.

5) Have faith. Young Christians are very suceptible to deception and attack. Understand that as a Christian, you will be persecuted. You will be deceived and your faith will be constantly tested. Stay true to yourself and never lose faith in Jesus. He is real and very much alive.

3 Nails, I hope I have been of some help. I urge you and the rest of my brothers and sisters here to be extremely careful of passing judgement not only to other Christians but non-Christians as well. Christ died for the sins of ALL. He is the judge not you. Treat all with respect, guard your heart and your faith, pray daily and I promise your life will be a fulfilling one. Become a tool for God to use to expand his kingdom. Remember it is not about you or I but it is about the glory and magnificance of our Lord in Heaven.

Excellant advice ... Kyle .

Little Amandaz .... If you follow those steps very carefully you will be on the right path .

God Bless you sweetheart.

Hi Kyle,
thanks for the reply.

Believing Jesus matters.

True. i can never place my trust in any man, this is not to say that we look upon everyone with suspicion. We need to fellowship with other Christians because many of the answers we are seeking can come from God via other followers of Jesus.

So seek out the thoughts of other Christians take their thoughts and compare them with the World of God. As you seem to know by your own experiance there are wolves in sheep's clothing out there and they are well versed in deception.

so it's not to say I won't seek help/fellowship with His people, but just that I wouldn't share that much?

Be careful that your former experience does not cause you to isolate yourself, because the day will come when God will want to give a message to another person and He will want you to be the one to deliver it.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Back