Revelation 3:16 -The Bibles Icebucket challenge Equivalent

King James Bible Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

If raising money for a great causes like the icebuckey challenge generates so much good will and deservedly so
Then Jesus's lukewarm call out challenge in Revelation will generate souls saved to Christ eternally or souls lost to a Christ less eternity.
Then churches and members should rise up to this evangelistic challenge knowing fully well the rewards are eternally great. If people profess to love Christ we should challenge ourselves to witness knowing this essential fact. Is it not a sad statistic for North America

-95% of all Christians have never won a soul to Christ in a given 7 day period from last church attendance
-80% of all Christians do not consistently witness for Christ.
-2% are involved in the ministry of evangelism.
-71% do not give toward the financing of the great Commission.

I found this site that makes this challenge and displays the results on a worldwide map participants to see who and where the challenge winners are.
These are end days and end time witnesses are required for a great awakening.
Give it a shot see where you stack up : Hot or Ice cold.

www.intothechallenge.com

1. -95% of all Christians have never won a soul to Christ in a given 7 day period from last church attendance
2. -80% of all Christians do not consistently witness for Christ.
3. -2% are involved in the ministry of evangelism.
4. -71% do not give toward the financing of the great Commission.

Eze 33:7-9 “So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. 8 When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

This verse is scary. We must take evangelism seriously. No doubt!

But, pedantically on those stats.

1. Can we win a soul? Don't we just help the Holy Spirit toil the soil for the Holy Spirit to plant the seed of Jesus 1 Cor 12:3.
2. I doubt that. Just being a Christian / even just being known as one is being a witness.
3. Where are the lost souls that we were predestined to reach? Where WE think they are or where God places us / leads us? Sometimes / most times God wants us exactly where we are.
4. This we do need to do. Even if its just support for those Christians being persecuted in other countries.

King James Bible Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

If raising money for a great causes like the icebuckey challenge generates so much good will and deservedly so
Then Jesus's lukewarm call out challenge in Revelation will generate souls saved to Christ eternally or souls lost to a Christ less eternity.
Then churches and members should rise up to this evangelistic challenge knowing fully well the rewards are eternally great. If people profess to love Christ we should challenge ourselves to witness knowing this essential fact. Is it not a sad statistic for North America

-95% of all Christians have never won a soul to Christ in a given 7 day period from last church attendance
-80% of all Christians do not consistently witness for Christ.
-2% are involved in the ministry of evangelism.
-71% do not give toward the financing of the great Commission.

I found this site that makes this challenge and displays the results on a worldwide map participants to see who and where the challenge winners are.
These are end days and end time witnesses are required for a great awakening.
Give it a shot see where you stack up : Hot or Ice cold.

www.intothechallenge.com
Bible calls us to spread the good news and not win souls.. Because our responsibility is only spread the good news.. Only God can win souls.. That is God's business.. So I will have to pass this challenge.. Because it is impossible for "me" to win souls..

Bible calls us to spread the good news and not win souls.. Because our responsibility is only spread the good news.. Only God can win souls.. That is God's business.. So I will have to pass this challenge.. Because it is impossible for "me" to win souls..

Agreed! Every Christian should be a soul winner!

I believe that the reason that most are not is because they are afraid that they can not answer correctly the question of a lost person when asked.

I tell them to not worry about answers....just talk about Jesus and He saved you and then bring that person to those that can answer their questions. That is a wonderful way to get that post person intio the church so he can be discipiled.

The Holy Spirits does indeed convict people of sin, righteosness and judgement when WE speak THE WORD.
We are required to do the work of an evangelist . The essential question remains have you in the last 7 days struck up a conversation withthe intent or purpose to allow the Holy Spirit to win a soul to christ. It says point blank in
King James Bible
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
So have you turned any to righteousness this week- thats the challenge and it runs weekly.
Christians are supposed to be soul winners! (We armed spiritually for this Ephesians6:10 and 2 Corinthian 10:4)
So don't pass on the challlenge just assume the words said Holy Spirit and hit positive or negative.
The negative part by the way is because of Ezekiel 33: 7-9.
Theres no wiggle room. We need to pass the challenge
www.intothechallenge.com

Agreed! Every Christian should be a soul winner!

I believe that the reason that most are not is because they are afraid that they can not answer correctly the question of a lost person when asked.

I tell them to not worry about answers....just talk about Jesus and He saved you and then bring that person to those that can answer their questions. That is a wonderful way to get that post person intio the church so he can be discipiled.
love your response and agree with you 100%
There was atime when we
- street evangelism
-tract hand outs etc
We are called to win souls - ie be fishers of men

love your response and agree with you 100%
There was atime when we
- street evangelism
-tract hand outs etc
We are called to win souls - ie be fishers of men

Welcome to the CFS. I look forward to reading your comments.

Because so many people fear having to answer a Bible question, we teach a "Faith Visitation Class" every week to those who have a calling to win souls.

This is part of my job; I get paid to do this. Mainly, people come to me, but I have no problem going to people. Perhaps it is age, but I have no problem talking to anyone about the L-rd, except when it comes to peoples who are known to hate Him. For example, when I see a woman wearing a ne qāb (please pardon my deliberate misspellings) and the other elements of their dress, or the man with her, I become very aware of my tzitzit. I smile at them and move on. I have never approached them regarding Y'shua, yet I hear they are coming to Him by the numbers. I admit that I carry with me certain prejudices in their regard, having had a run-in with a group of their men....

Doesn't a soul come from the earth?

Yet, our spirit comes from God.

Why is it that so many believe that a soul is eternal? When it is ones spirit that is?

A soul returns to the earth, but our spirit returns to God.

Bible calls us to spread the good news and not win souls..Because it is impossible for "me" to win souls..
Since you mentioned the bible let me leave you with this verse
King James Bible
And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

We are not only meant to turn many but indeed we will shine brightly for doing this.
We are God's living witnesses!

Welcome to the CFS. I look forward to reading your comments.

Because so many people fear having to answer a Bible question, we teach a "Faith Visitation Class" every week to those who have a calling to win souls.
This is amazing news. Glad to hear about the class. Jesus loves us so much that he said he would make us all fishers of men!!! Now we have to reach out just as the original disciples did and just candidly and lovingly share THE WORD.
Did not Jonah not want to go and share the word and when he finally did- look at the response he got to a call for REPENTANCE.
We can see the same thing happen in our day and time. The website only shows where we are personally and how we can be used more by Jesus
www.intothechalllenge.com
Its a call to witness . We are Watchmen and witnessess for the Gospel

This is amazing news. Glad to hear about the class. Jesus loves us so much that he said he would make us all fishers of men!!! Now we have to reach out just as the original disciples did and just candidly and lovingly share THE WORD.
Did not Jonah not want to go and share the word and when he finally did- look at the response he got to a call for REPENTANCE.
We can see the same thing happen in our day and time. The website only shows where we are personally and how we can be used more by Jesus
www.intothechalllenge.com
Its a call to witness . We are Watchmen and witnessess for the Gospel

Jonah! Now that is a funny story.

I wish I could evangelize, but I just don't know who or how. How do I know I won't just scare the person off? When do I stop evangelizing one person and move to the next?

I wish churches could have classes teaching these things.

I've shared the Gospel with a few people, but not one every week.

I plan on becoming a missionary though, and I hope that will make up for all my laziness.

Honestly, I have a crippling fear of speaking to strangers about important things.

I wish I could evangelize, but I just don't know who or how. How do I know I won't just scare the person off? When do I stop evangelizing one person and move to the next?

I wish churches could have classes teaching these things.

I've shared the Gospel with a few people, but not one every week.

I plan on becoming a missionary though, and I hope that will make up for all my laziness.

Honestly, I have a crippling fear of speaking to strangers about important things.

Dont be afraid remember the following
1- Greater is He that is within you than he that is in the world
2-Put on your spiritual armour as contained in 2 Corinthians 10:4-
3-Meditate on your word as conatined in the bible as it is the sword of the Spirit
You will overcome fear of man
Most of all please just have a simple prayer the day before and ask God to give you somone to talk to and I assure you He will and also remind you of your prayer.
The response of people is ususally the exact opposite of what we expect.They are usually apprecaitive.
you can also order some tracts from Jack Chicks website and place them in strategic locations where they are likley to be found such as gas stations, public toilets, libraries etc
Hope this helps

www.intothechallenge.com

Back