Revelation 6 - the seals

Revation 6. The opening of the seals...

it occurred to me that we may be further along in the opening of the seals than the "allegorize the bible" folks would like us to believe.

Why? There are a few hints in it.

For example - the 3rd seal. The black horse. The price of about a quart of wheat or 3 quarts of barley for a denarius....

Agricultural prices passed this price some time in the early 1500's and never really went back down to it. Same for barley - in the early 1500's it went over this price and really never went back...

How about the 4th seal? It's interesting to note that 1/4 of the land mass of the earth was held by communists by the early 1950's... These communists thought nothing of genocide against their own people - running up a tally if over 140 million deaths to famine... The 20th century has been the bloodiest ever recorded.. But mechanized war was ushered in by the American civil war in the 1860's

5th seal - Yom HaShoah was inagurated in 1953....

Last edited:
Well I disagree.

The Tribulation starts with the arrival of the Two Witnesses who preach for 1260 days and ends 1260 days after their death, resurrection, and their ascension into heaven. No seals have been touched. That's the problem when you allegorize the word of God, you have to leave out other details like what I just stated.

Just a thought.

Two witnesses are in Revelation 11 That's 5 Chapters after revelation 6.

The two witnesses occur between the 6th and 7th seals.

We haven't got there yet ;)

Well I disagree.

The Tribulation starts with the arrival of the Two Witnesses who preach for 1260 days and ends 1260 days after their death, resurrection, and their ascension into heaven. No seals have been touched. That's the problem when you allegorize the word of God, you have to leave out other details like what I just stated.

Just a thought.

Back