Revelation 8

Revelation 8:1:
And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

There is a great event to occur and we must learn to wait on it and stop jumping the gun.

Revelation 8:2:
And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
Revelation 8:3:
And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
Revelation 8:4:
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
Revelation 8:5:
And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
Revelation 8:6:
And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

In these verses I see that God never ignores the prayers of His saints but rather commissions angels to insure they are heeded and attended to. Since it has always been my position that Jesus is the One that has inspired all of the bible to be written it is also important from that position to pay close attention to the context of the message. The Saints, spoken of here were identified in the fourteenth verse of the last chapter they are named to be those that have died for their testimony, likely, during the first three and a half years of the Tribulation.

I say that looking at verse 5 because it looks to me like the censer being cast down and the Angels with the trumpets will mark the beginning of the last three and a half years of this period of time.

Revelation 8:7:
The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
Revelation 8:8:
And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
Revelation 8:9:
And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
Revelation 8:10:
And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

Revelation 8:11:
And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
Revelation 8:12:
And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

These four Angels, it will appear to them that are remaining on the Earth, have just about destroyed everything! What I find of particular interest is the truth that in recent days we have seen near misses with asteroids and that NASA Scientists are busy making plans, in cooperation with their Russian counter parts to destroy one that has been tracked and will soon impact the Earth. I do not know if it is true but I have seen some on the WWW that call it Wormwood.

During this time, life on the Earth will be harsh and I am left to wonder if, then, the people will realize they have been found in the hands of a Just and Wrath filled God? All I have heard, for most of my life, is that if the Judea/Christian God ever did live then He is dead now. With the oceans, lakes and rivers flowing as blood over a third of the earth, will they finally awaken and fall down to worship?

Revelation 8:13:
And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

And after all of this, there is more to come and without the Bible to study from they will not even know it.

This is just more confirmation for me that there is a pre-trib rapture.

Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth

Does God ever say woe to those who are born-again and serving Him? lol

http://biblia.com/bible/kjv1900/Revelation 8.1

It is interesting how time in heaven is referred to as a ''space''.

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

So we can safely asssume that the trumpest have NOT yet started :)

This is just more confirmation for me that there is a pre-trib rapture.

Does God ever say woe to those who are born-again and serving Him? lol

It is interesting how time in heaven is referred to as a ''space''.

So we can safely asssume that the trumpest have NOT yet started :)

Correct on all comments IMO.

Back