Revelation Proportions Observed

This thread is getting very close to being eliminated.

Be nice, kiddies - the sandbox is big enough for everyone to play in without kicking sand in other persons faces.

`

Post #14 from Skipper........
"I’m actually more interested in MM’s interpretation of his original post. I know he left it open-ended for others to share what they think of the apparent absence of the word “church” from Revelation but I wonder what you take that to mean."

Ahhh. Well, Major, as you had already discerned from the glaring implications from what is stated in the OP, yours and my take on it leads to a conclusion that's a topic not allowed for discussion since it invariably leads some people, those who can't seem to control their anger and vehemence, the rule exists to keep such from launching things into nastiness rooted more in strife than mere conversation, questions and just plain enjoyable encouragement.

However, speaking of the absence for any mention of the Church anywhere in the Tribulation narrative from Revelation 6 to 19, I've heard some attempt to claim that "saints" is a suitable substitute for Church, with which I would agree...to a point The problem is that Paul switched back and forth throughout his epistles, and the deafening silence for mention of the Church anywhere throughout all those chapters in Revelation, well, that span of silence in relation to the Church is most striking...to say the least.

MM

Ahhh. Well, Major, as you had already discerned from the glaring implications from what is stated in the OP, yours and my take on it leads to a conclusion that's a topic not allowed for discussion since it invariably leads some people, those who can't seem to control their anger and vehemence, the rule exists to keep such from launching things into nastiness rooted more in strife than mere conversation, questions and just plain enjoyable encouragement.

However, speaking of the absence for any mention of the Church anywhere in the Tribulation narrative from Revelation 6 to 19, I've heard some attempt to claim that "saints" is a suitable substitute for Church, with which I would agree...to a point The problem is that Paul switched back and forth throughout his epistles, and the deafening silence for mention of the Church anywhere throughout all those chapters in Revelation, well, that span of silence in relation to the Church is most striking...to say the least.

MM

Yes. But then our moderator have to have something to do to keep gettting ll the money they are paid. If we all follow the rules all the time, what would they have to do????;)

IMHO..........the word "Saints" is used interchangeably to describe the believers in God.

Daniel 7:18........
"But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever."

The word "Saint/Saints" in describing believers is seen 100 times in the Bible and 36 of them in the Old Test! I am not that smart but I do have GOOGLE!

Now, I am one who believes that the saved we see in the Revelation AFTER chapter #4 will b come from the Jewish population who have not heard the gospel. Through the preaching of the TWO Jewish witnesses and the 144 k Jewish men, they will come to Christ.

The word "SAINT" was 1st used to describe God's people in Deut. 33:2...........
"Deuteronomy 33:2.....
"And he said, The Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them."

In post #22, my comments were direct not at the rules being wrong, but that it's sad that rules against various topics must exist on account of some.

My apologies for not having worded it better. I was caught off guard today by some other things that has me distracted.

MM

In post #22, my comments were direct not at the rules being wrong, but that it's sad that rules against various topics must exist on account of some.

My apologies for not having worded it better. I was caught off guard today by some other things that has me distracted.

MM
Me too! I have been distracted all week after my wife said......"You are still cute"!

th

MM
I have to say........WHAT! I am missing something because I do not see any sand on any faces.

Hello MM and Major;

Hopefully my personal pm to you both will help bring about resolve and understanding as we go forward.

God bless you both.

Musings and more musings...

I recall various conversations I've had with others about the book of Revelation, and hearing so many admit their avoidance of that book, and how I personally overcame my dislike of that book by actually studying it in relation to many other areas of the Bible.

Drinking my coffee this morning, some things rang through my mind that I've heard from others who believe differently on various aspects of that book, which is fine. Eschatology is one of many peripheral issues not worth arguing senselessly over, so please keep that in mind.

What I have heard at various times is that followers of Christ (The Church) will be left here on earth by the Lord through half or almost all the Tribulation because the Church has always been subjected to persecution...

What I couldn't help but to observe about the book of Revelation is that, apart from it being primarily a revelation of Christ Jesus, it doesn't show to us just persecutions, but also the Divine elements of the wrath of the Lord that will be in direct contact upon ALL the flesh of those who are still alive on this earth. This drives home to me the seeming pettiness for the off-handed brushing aside of this important fact as a defense for the idea that the Church will indeed suffer the wrath of the Most High, in spite of what's written about His love for His Church.

I don't mean to disturb the peace in anyone's morning over this. I just wanted to throw out there my own incomprehension at some of the claims I've encountered when measured up beside actual statements the Lord inspired to be written by the apostles and the prophets. The very first horseman of the four casts out the very beginnings of God's wrath, which is the conquering of nations and people's. That's not persecution initiated at the hands of men. That's right from the Lord at the opening of the first seal. I mean, let's call it what it is. Had it not been the very Hand of the Lord releasing that entity, that conquering would have to be initiated by the strength of man's own arm, and no man has that power in and of himself. It has to be of Divine origin, as Revelation 6 makes abundantly clear.

The engagement I will have with others on this will be limited to this aspect alone, not the Rapture or anything else. Just the persecutions versus the actual wrath that begins with the first horseman, for example, and what follows thereafter in the saga of what is to come upon this earth and its inhabitants.

MM

Back