Revelation: The Eternal Purposes.

THE ETERNAL PURPOSES

`God.... purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, which are in heaven and which are on earth – in Him,...` (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

The Godhead - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

`Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the Lord your God...` (Deut. 10: 14)

`God...raised Him (Christ) from the dead & seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come,..` (Eph. 1: 20 & 21)

The 3rd Heaven

Into this angelic realm where Lucifer was king, there will come the only one `worthy` to be the Supreme Ruler.

`a throne was set up......who is worthy..... to receive power, glory, riches, blessing...` (Rev. 4: 2, 5: 2, 12)
1725604601937.png

The Lord Jesus Christ will be invested with all power and authority over every ruler in every realm. The Body of Christ will share this throne with the Head – Christ.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

The Universal Heavens.

1725604679250.png

Out of the third heaven into the Universal realm will come the city, the New Jerusalem, with its residents, the just men & women. These are the ones who `looked for a city whose Builder & Maker is God.` They believed for more than just an earthly inheritance. (Heb. 11: 10 & 39, 12: 23)

The Atmospheric Heavens
1725604778925.png

There will be nations that continue upon the earth into eternity.

`And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honour into it.` (Rev. 21: 24)

Israel was promised by God that they would rule over these nations. (Gen. 12: 2, Isa. 66: 22)

1725604846767.png

All things, all people, all rulership, all under Christ, restored and renewed, throughout eternity in every realm, functioning to His glory. What a wonderful plan & purpose by God the Father, executed through the Son by the power of the Holy Spirit.

`For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him..... that in all things
He may have the pre-eminence.` (Col. 1: 16 – 18)

Hello Marilyn;

It's been busy this week and I was hoping to go back and review your current Revelation threads in order.

Thank you for putting these threads together and I'll be back tomorrow afternoon with my cup o' coffee.
☕

God bless
you, sister.

Hello Marilyn;

It's been busy this week and I was hoping to go back and review your current Revelation threads in order.

Thank you for putting these threads together and I'll be back tomorrow afternoon with my cup o' coffee.
☕

God bless you, sister.
Looking forward to your thoughts when you have the time Bob.

Into this angelic realm where Lucifer was king, there will come the only one `worthy` to be the Supreme Ruler.
I disagree with Lucifer as king of anything. He was never a king in heaven and even here on earth he is called the prince of darkness. Jesus is the prince of peace and will be called the king of kings. Lucifer has always been a subject to God the father, the son and the Holy Spirit.
Otherwise I am enjoying your posts on Revelation.

I disagree with Lucifer as king of anything. He was never a king in heaven and even here on earth he is called the prince of darkness. Jesus is the prince of peace and will be called the king of kings. Lucifer has always been a subject to God the father, the son and the Holy Spirit.
Otherwise I am enjoying your posts on Revelation.
Hi Dave,

So glad you are enjoying the posts. May I give a scripture to show that Lucifer was a king. In Isaiah 14 we read about what God is saying to the king of Babylon. However, as we read on, we see that the description goes far beyond any earthy king.

How you have fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the furthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.` Yes you will be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit. ` (Isaiah 14: 12 - 15)

Hello Dave F.; and Marilyn C;

When we reference Satan as king can be or is interpreted in semantics, "prince of darkness" "ruler of demons" and the king of hell (though this particular phrase is not used in the Bible.)

In the New Testaments there are many passages that speak of the "ruler of this world" as referring to Satan. However, some disciples will use or not use the literal term king to describe Satan as the "god of darkness."

Revelation 12:9, 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. - ESV

John 16: 8-11, 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. - NKJV

Matthew 4:1-3, 1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And he fasted forty days and forty nights, and afterward he was hungry. 3 And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.”
- RSV

When we strive to remain disciplined students of the Word we can overlook the usage of this term.

God bless everyone.

Hello Dave F.; and Marilyn C;

When we reference Satan as king can be or is interpreted in semantics, "prince of darkness" "ruler of demons" and the king of hell (though this particular phrase is not used in the Bible.)

In the New Testaments there are many passages that speak of the "ruler of this world" as referring to Satan. However, some disciples will use or not use the literal term king to describe Satan as the "god of darkness."

Revelation 12:9, 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. - ESV

John 16: 8-11, 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. - NKJV

Matthew 4:1-3, 1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And he fasted forty days and forty nights, and afterward he was hungry. 3 And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.”
- RSV

When we strive to remain disciplined students of the Word we can overlook the usage of this term.

God bless everyone.
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your good comments. Adding to mine, I would not say that Lucifer, now Satan the accuser, is now a king. He was a king but was cast out from that position in the third heaven. He does now still rule but not in that high position given by God. Satan has usurped rulership in the principalities and powers area, but as we well know his days are numbered.

Hi Dave,

So glad you are enjoying the posts. May I give a scripture to show that Lucifer was a king. In Isaiah 14 we read about what God is saying to the king of Babylon. However, as we read on, we see that the description goes far beyond any earthy king.

How you have fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the furthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.` Yes you will be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit. ` (Isaiah 14: 12 - 15)
Your post said Lucifer was king in the 3rd heaven, can you show me scripture to support this?

Your post said Lucifer was king in the 3rd heaven, can you show me scripture to support this?
Hi Dave,

Certainly. This scripture reveals that Lucifer was made a special angel by God who had access to the very `holy mountain of God.`

`You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You were perfect in all your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you. ` (Ez. 28: 14 & 15)

Again, this prophecy goes well beyond any earthly king or Prince (of Tyre). We are given a glimpse of Lucifer as High Priest in the angelic realm near the throne of God.

Thus, with Isaiah 14: 13 (I will exalt my throne) we realize that Lucifer was a kingpriest. He does not hold that position anymore. Only the worthy one, the Lord Jesus Christ is the supreme Kingpriest in the third heaven. The Body of Christ is also of that order, kingpriest, and will rule and reign with Him.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on my throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

You were the anointed cherub who covers;
Verse 14 shows he was a cherub, not the king. Verse 16 also calls him a cherub. The NIV translates both verses as a guardian cherub. This prophesy does start out against the king of Tyre (mortal) and then changes to the king of Tyre (spirit). I agree that it is talking about Lucifer (as the power behind the mortal king). However it does not (in my opinion) say that Lucifer was king in heaven. I don't mean to sound argumentative, I just disagree. Please continue with your teaching.

Verse 14 shows he was a cherub, not the king. Verse 16 also calls him a cherub. The NIV translates both verses as a guardian cherub. This prophesy does start out against the king of Tyre (mortal) and then changes to the king of Tyre (spirit). I agree that it is talking about Lucifer (as the power behind the mortal king). However it does not (in my opinion) say that Lucifer was king in heaven. I don't mean to sound argumentative, I just disagree. Please continue with your teaching.
That`s fine Davy, for we need each other to point things out if we are honest in seeking the truth.

Ezekiel 18: 14 (as you said) says `cherub.` In Hebrew that is ` `keruwb,` an imaginary figure. The description of him is as a priest - precious stones as on the High priest's breast plate, walking in the midst of God`s holy throne.

Isaiah 14: 12 & 13 however reveal the kingly position of Lucifer - his throne.

Thus, the two positions that Lucifer held prior to him being cast out - king and High priest.

how could he be a physical king in the flesh when he was cast out of heaven ?
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. " fallen as lighting : Luke 10: 18 And He said unto them, “I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. we also see him as in the form of a serpent in genius as per king imo it is a type image figurately. i will agree he has a demonic host/helpers as he cant be every where like God . maybe i am not getting the full story of your post.. this is just MY observation .

i dont normally get in discussions like this.. ive seen to many of them go south the of the boarder

Isaiah 14:13 & 14
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Notice that verse 13 begins with Lucifer saying in his heart, boasting to himself. He then goes on imagining him overthrowing God and taking the throne for himself. I don't think he actually had a throne in heaven, notice also that in his boasting he said he would ascend into heaven, if he had a throne in heaven he would not need to ascend there. This is a description of Lucifer's attitude just prior to his fall.

Isaiah 14:13 & 14

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Notice that verse 13 begins with Lucifer saying in his heart, boasting to himself. He then goes on imagining him overthrowing God and taking the throne for himself. I don't think he actually had a throne in heaven, notice also that in his boasting he said he would ascend into heaven, if he had a throne in heaven he would not need to ascend there. This is a description of Lucifer's attitude just prior to his fall.
he is a fallen angel

Hi Dave,

Certainly. This scripture reveals that Lucifer was made a special angel by God who had access to the very `holy mountain of God.`

`You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You were perfect in all your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you. ` (Ez. 28: 14 & 15)

Again, this prophecy goes well beyond any earthly king or Prince (of Tyre). We are given a glimpse of Lucifer as High Priest in the angelic realm near the throne of God.

Thus, with Isaiah 14: 13 (I will exalt my throne) we realize that Lucifer was a kingpriest. He does not hold that position anymore. Only the worthy one, the Lord Jesus Christ is the supreme Kingpriest in the third heaven. The Body of Christ is also of that order, kingpriest, and will rule and reign with Him.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on my throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)
I do not see in that Scripture a reference to Lucifer being the "King of the 3rd Heaven". An anointed cherub does not equal a King...IMHO.

Also, Is. 14:13 is a biting and vivid prophecy against the king of Babylon. The prophet imagines the king’s death and his subsequent entrance into the realm of the dead. The dead mock the king of Babylon as he enters his new abode: in contrast to his great aspirations, the king is now equal to everyone who came before him.

IMO, this is a long, loong way from thinking the Lucifer is the king of the 3rd Heaven.

The dead recount the king of Babylon’s enormous pride: “You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit” (Isaiah 14:13–15).

Again, not to argue the point, but it does not appear to me that this Scripture supports your thesis.

Back