Revelation: The Eternal Purposes.

Hi Dave,
Certainly. This scripture reveals that Lucifer was made a special angel by God who had access to the very `holy mountain of God.` `You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You were perfect in all your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you. ` (Ez. 28: 14 & 15) Again, this prophecy goes well beyond any earthly king or Prince (of Tyre). We are given a glimpse of Lucifer as High Priest in the angelic realm near the throne of God. Thus, with Isaiah 14: 13 (I will exalt my throne) we realize that Lucifer was a kingpriest. He does not hold that position anymore. Only the worthy one, the Lord Jesus Christ is the supreme Kingpriest in the third heaven. The Body of Christ is also of that order, kingpriest, and will rule and reign with Him. `To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on my throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)
I do not see in that Scripture a reference to Lucifer being the "King of the 3rd Heaven". An anointed cherub does not equal a King...IMHO. Also, Is. 14:13 is a biting and vivid prophecy against the king of Babylon. The prophet imagines the king’s death and his subsequent entrance into the realm of the dead. The dead mock the king of Babylon as he enters his new abode: in contrast to his great aspirations, the king is now equal to everyone who came before him. IMO, this is a long, loong way from thinking the Lucifer is the king of the 3rd Heaven. The dead recount the king of Babylon’s enormous pride: “You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit” (Isaiah 14:13–15). Again, not to argue the point, but it does not appear to me that this Scripture supports your thesis.

Good morning, Marilyn;

So far this has been a good discussion but the various posts indicate different beliefs, opinions of interpretation and truth regarding "king" is taking us away from the main topic.

Please reconcile this side note of "king," going forward with the message of

God bless you, Marilyn, and thank you.

THE ETERNAL PURPOSES

`God.... purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, which are in heaven and which are on earth – in Him,...` (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

The Godhead - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

`Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the Lord your God...` (Deut. 10: 14)

`God...raised Him (Christ) from the dead & seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come,..` (Eph. 1: 20 & 21)

The 3rd Heaven

Into this angelic realm where Lucifer was king, there will come the only one `worthy` to be the Supreme Ruler.

`a throne was set up......who is worthy..... to receive power, glory, riches, blessing...` (Rev. 4: 2, 5: 2, 12)
View attachment 11405

The Lord Jesus Christ will be invested with all power and authority over every ruler in every realm. The Body of Christ will share this throne with the Head – Christ.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

Unfortunately, when we speak of the 3rd Heaven, we enter the realm of ignorance and speculation because Scripture doesn't contain enough information to support an informed conversation. That's just my opinion.

Good morning, Marilyn;

So far this has been a good discussion but the various posts indicate different beliefs, opinions of interpretation and truth regarding "king" is taking us away from the main topic.

Please reconcile this side note of "king," going forward with the message of

God bless you, Marilyn, and thank you.
Hi Bob,

I appreciate your good advice. Yes, a few side trails that need to be on their own thread. And yes, we need to be talking about Jesus and His eternal purposes.

regards, Marilyn.

Back