Revelation. The Reward. (ch. 2 & 3)

Although the overcomers reward is written in parts throughout Rev. 2 & 3, I believe it comprises our full inheritance. Each part identifies, the Reward - Christ`s life, & when & where we shall rule. Here are my thoughts.

Christ`s promises of a reward to the seven churches encompasses the full inheritance to every overcomer. This includes a new body, an incorruptible one that can dwell in the realms of the third heaven. Yet more amazing still, is that they are sons of the most high, adopted into His family and given positions of authority and service as King Priests. What an inheritance! What a joy and a wonder.

Marilyn.

What a joy and a wonder for it is –

Christ`s Life - The Tree of Life.

`To Him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.` (Rev. 2: 7)

Christ is the source of eternal life. He continually sustains and nourishes us in our life now and throughout eternity. The proof of this `life` is seen in our service and relationships with others. As we cooperate with the Holy Spirit we will experience the fruitfulness of a Christ led life. Thus the picture of Christ as the `Tree of Life,` shows this fruitful life through us by the Holy Spirit.

Marilyn.

Christ`s Authority - The Crown of Life.

`Be faithful until death, & I will give you the crown of life.` (Rev. 2: 10)
Crowns – Gk. `stepho,` Victor`s Crowns - a badge of royalty.

This crown represents the authority to rule and reign with Christ. We are called of Christ to be King Priests, and then empowered with His authority – the Crown of Life.

Other Crowns(Rev.4: 10, 1 Thess. 2: 19, 1 Peter 5: 2 – 4, 1 Cor. 9: 24 – 27, 2 Tim.4: 8)

Each overcomer will also be given specific authority and responsibility for specific areas of service in eternity. These are represented by other `Crowns,` which we will receive in relation to our obedience to the Holy Spirit.

Marilyn.

Christ`s Character - The Hidden Manna.

`To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat....` (Rev. 2: 17)

`Jesus said, “ I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead..... I am the living bread,..... It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. (John 6: 48 -50, & 63)

Bread is bought to nourish those who are alive; but Christ, the Bread of God imparts life eternal. The physical bread we eat is from wheat or other grains, grown in the ground from whence our bodies are derived. The calcium, silicon, iodine, iron, phosphates etc in an organic form are packed into the wheat in order to build up our strength.

In like manner, if we are to become partakers of spiritual life and immortality we must eat the Bread of God, which is made up of righteousness, goodness, lovingkindness, graciousness, perfectness, holiness and such like which result in Christ likeness.

To believe Christ and receive Him is to appropriate and partake of the Bread of God , (Christ`s character) which came down from Heaven. In doing so, the result is life everlasting, because these divine virtues are imperishable. Therefore the gift (reward) of God, is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Marilyn.

Christ Likeness and Function - The White Stone with our New Name.

`And I will give him a white stone, & on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.` (Rev. 2: 17)

`Coming to Him as to a living stone,....precious ...you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood,...` (1 Peter 2: 4 & 5)

This shows that the living likeness of Christ, the precious Stone, is imprinted on every redeemed soul. And every living stone built in the spiritual structure of this celestial house, has become a partaker of the divine nature.

To have our own new name written on that `white stone,` is to have our specific character and function identified. We are individually set in the Body of Christ with a specific purpose and function.

`...now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.`(1 Cor. 12: 18)

Marilyn.

Christ Appearing for the Body of Christ - The Morning Star.

`And he who overcomes, & keeps my works until the end, .....I will give him the morning star.` (Rev. 2: 26 & 28)

The morning star is the herald of the coming day. It is seen only by the `watchers,` or the early risers. In the spiritual heavens, Christ is also the Bright & Morning Star. (Rev. 22: 16) He is the One whom we eagerly await. We look to His `appearing.` (2 Tim. 4: 8)

Appearing – Gk. `epiphaneia,` meaning – manifestation, brightness, to become visible, conspicuous.

And when Christ `appears,` we shall become like Him, changed and taken to glory.

`When Christ, who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.`

(Col. 3: 4)

Marilyn.

Christ Appearing for Israel and the Nations - Power over the Nations.

The appearance of the morning star only intensifies the darkness of the night. So between the appearing of Christ as the Morning Star (for the Body of Christ) and His coming as the Sun of Righteousness (for Israel and the Nations. Mal. 4:2) there will be a period of great darkness, known as the Tribulation. (Matt. 24: 21)

`Immediately after the tribulation of those days.... all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds with power and great glory.` (Matt. 24: 29 & 30)

The tribes & nations of the world that go through into the Millennium are then ruled with a `rod of iron.` This designates that there will be immediate consequences for wrong actions. (Zech. 14: 16 – 19)

`And he who overcomes, & keeps my works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations – “he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the potter`s vessels shall be broken to pieces,” as I also have received from the Father.` (Rev. 3: 26 & 27)

The overcomers, seated with Christ in glory, will have `power over these nations,` ruling with Him as King Priests. (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3, Rev. 3: 21)

Marilyn.

Christ the Judge - Name in Book of Life.

Finally when the thousand years are completed and Satan is dealt with, then comes the time of the great Judgement. This is at the great white throne where all the books are opened. The overcomers seated with Christ in glory are not judged at this throne having been `washed in the blood of the Lamb.` Their names are written in the Book of Life which leads into an eternal reward in God`s great kingdom. Eternal life, Christ`s life forever manifested in them. (Rev. 20: 7, 11 – 15)

Marilyn.

Christ`s Holy Priests - Pillar in God`s Temple.

``He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, & he shall go out no more. `(Rev.3: 12)

The Temple was Israel`s storehouse of national treasures. This is symbolic of Christ, the true temple in whom are all the treasures of wisdom & knowledge. (Col.2: 3)

As a `pillar in the temple,` we are part of God`s spiritual house, we are in Christ. We are the `holy priesthood,` that speaks forth the wisdom, knowledge, and counsel of Christ.

`you are..... a Royal Priesthood,....that you may proclaim the praises (virtues, excellencies) of Him who called you...`(1 Peter 2: 9)

Ruling in 3 Realms - Name of God, Name of the City of God, the New Jerusalem and Christ`s New Name.

`And I will write on him the name of my God & the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God. And I will write on him my new name.` (Rev.3: 12)

A `Name` is used to give the character and function of a place or person.

The New Name of Christ. This is His New position as King Priest over the New order of King Priests in the third heaven. (Rev. 3: 21)

The Name of the city of God, the New Jerusalem that comes down out of the third heaven to the Universal area over the earth. (Rev. 21: 2)
The Name of God is His authority over all His vast kingdom. This includes the new earth peopled by Israel & the nations. (Isa. 66: 22 Rev. 21: 24)

The overcomers are given authority in Christ in all these realms.\

Marilyn.

Christ`s King Priests - Sit on Christ`s New Throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

These are the overcomers whom Christ has matured & brought to the 3rd heaven where they will rule & reign with Him as King Priests on His throne. To `sit on the throne,` doesn`t mean inactivity in one place but rather refers to having authority and responsibility from the 3rd heaven. This is the `high calling` in Christ which Paul encourages us to aim for.

`I press toward the goal of the upward (on top / high) call of God in Christ Jesus.` (Phil. 3: 14)

Marilyn.

Back