Revelation. The Scroll. (ch.6 - 8: 1)

Hi CCW95A,

Thank you for completing the scriptures relevant to our discussion. Wonderful truths there bro. Great.

BTW I believe the `agains` are referring to each quotation the writer is saying.

Marilyn.

Jesus was the "first born (begotten) over all creation,", and he is also the "first born (begotten) from the dead" Jesus was begotten twice. once from the beginning and once when Jesus was raised from the dead.

Col 1:15.. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

Act 13:32.. And we bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers,
Act 13:33.. this he (God) has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus, as also it is written in the second Psalm, "'You are my Son, today I have begotten you.'

Jesus was first "begotten" to be creator, and first "begotten" to be savior.

Hi CCW95A,

We are discussing a very interesting aspect of our Lord - Firstborn.
This special title is used in four dignified relationships to our Lord Jesus Christ.

1. In His originating energy He is the Firstborn of all creation, (Col. 1: 15)
2. In His earthly manifestation, He is the Firstborn of the virgin (Luke 2: 7).
3. In His overcoming victory he is the Firstborn from the dead (Col. 1: 18).
4. In His outstanding precedence He is Firstborn among many brethren. (Rom. 8: 29)

In no single instance does birth refer to a beginning but always a manifestation; therefore our Lord`s fourfold manifestation in this world is profoundly significant. The unparalleled dignity of His sublime person is unveiled as -

1. The Creator of the universe,
2. The Crown of humanity,
3. The Conqueror of death,
4. The Chiefest in spiritual society.

Marilyn.

Back