Revelation to Peter?

Revelation to Peter?

Is the Apocalypse of St. Peter an divinely inspired book? Well, do you consider it to be?

I've read it, and I may be leaning more towards it being divinely inspired.

Share your thoughts ;)

The Apocalypse

Is the Apocalypse of St. Peter an divinely inspired book? Well, do you consider it to be?

I've read it, and I may be leaning more towards it being divinely inspired.

Share your thoughts ;)

There are good writers esp in our age, people who write you read and would almost need to be slowly making a study progressively each day, to have substantial share of the spiritual content which seem more of 'soul and spirit building meal'. I am positive that this inspiration is still there, what I am sure is that the special inspiration to write any material of Bible high level of inspiration to which even God said My Word is Spirit is not with men, today. The Divine Inspiration by which the Bible exists is Universally relevant and forever a Force by itself. =Charles

I have read the Revelation of Peter once...but I am not 100% sure about it. I am not even 100% if it was really written by Peter himself.

:)

There's nothing in the Bible that supports that view of hell at all. If we accept that it's inspired then we can accept all sorts of things to be part of the Bible as well, there's no end to it.

Frankly. . . I personaly never shared the Christian world's obsession with determining what is or isn't "divinly inspired" or what should or shouldn't be in the Bible.
Nearly two thousand years after the cannon was established I think that if God wanted it in there it would be in there.
How ever that doesn't mean that it is not inspired or that it doesn't have merit.

There's nothing in the Bible that supports that view of hell at all.
So what?????

If your going to split hairs ,there are parts of the Gospel that don't exactly agree, things that one wrote about that others did not. Thomas is painting picture of hell in this letter. (I believe) A graphic picture for a specific person ,group of people and or purpose. While it perhaps should not be in the bible I don't believe it should be devalued or deemed as not inspired.

sincerely
His
Cliff

When it comes to living my life I stick with the 66 books of the bible. If I want to read the apocryphal books and/or other spurious works I do so with the understanding that they (while sometimes are informative and thought provoking) they are not in the bible so they do not have the authority of scripture. I look at it like this- over the last 20 centuries God has spoken to many and they have written their thoughts- I enjoy reading them but if they disagree with established scripture then at least on that point I know they are in error. The bible is the standard against which all truth is measures.

This is a link to an interesting study on how the present cannon was arrived at:
Bible Basics - New Testament - Origins

I get what you guys are saying. And in my opinion, the Book is not essential to our salvation.

And yes, Cliff, I agree. I don't think it is that important, and if it was, it would be int eh Bible by now.

Thanks for your input, guys.

When it comes to living my life I stick with the 66 books of the bible. If I want to read the apocryphal books and/or other spurious works I do so with the understanding that they (while sometimes are informative and thought provoking) they are not in the bible so they do not have the authority of scripture. I look at it like this- over the last 20 centuries God has spoken to many and they have written their thoughts- I enjoy reading them but if they disagree with established scripture then at least on that point I know they are in error. The bible is the standard against which all truth is measures.

This is a link to an interesting study on how the present cannon was arrived at:
Bible Basics - New Testament - Origins

Thank you Brother Bo - well said! I agree.:)

Apocalypse

There's nothing in the Bible that supports that view of hell at all. If we accept that it's inspired then we can accept all sorts of things to be part of the Bible as well, there's no end to it.

I didn't know until I read the above. Hell? Anything not developed out of the Foundation laid by the Bible is not at all acceptable for me now and forever. =Charles

:israel:personally, I have never read that paticular book.

I have studied a little in the apocrypha, and even tho I agree with Boanerges, Still I must consider if I wish to trust the people who catagorized the "canon" as God reverencing people, or maby an attempt by satan to smoother the complete truth.

If I may ask, just what kind of a description does it give concerning "Hell"?

God Bless

JTF

You can access the "book" with a search engine, it's not very long, and it goes into pretty horrible details of sinners being tortured with specific punishments for specific sins. I'd call it an interesting historical document, like the book of Enoch and many others that have come down which may have some merit, but these things need to be looked at as separate from the Bible. Plenty of writings are inspired by God, every day Spirit filled Christians are writing what God is wanting them to write, but the Bible is a complete and final statement from God revealing His Son Jesus Christ on practically every page, and we need to accept it as such I think and not try to incorporate extra things into it.

:israel:Swiss brown stated:

You can access the "book" with a search engine, it's not very long, and it goes into pretty horrible details of sinners being tortured with specific punishments for specific sins. I'd call it an interesting historical document, like the book of Enoch and many others that have come down which may have some merit, but these things need to be looked at as separate from the Bible. Plenty of writings are inspired by God, every day Spirit filled Christians are writing what God is wanting them to write, but the Bible is a complete and final statement from God revealing His Son Jesus Christ on practically every page, and we need to accept it as such I think and not try to incorporate extra things into it.
.......................................................................................................

I agree.

JTF

Back