Revelation Vision 4. Christ the Judge & Creator. (ch. 14)

`I kept looking until thrones were placed ...with the Judge, & the Ancient of days took His seat, whose garment was white as snow & the hair on His head like pure wool. His throne was like a fiery flame; its wheels were burning fire. A stream of fire came forth from before Him; a thousand thousands ministered to Him & ten thousand times ten thousand rose up & stood before Him; the Judge was seated the court was in session...` (Dan. 7: 10 AMP)

How awesome the sight of the Ancient of days on His fiery throne with untold millions of angels before Him. This is the time when God will bring forth the judgments upon a sinful, rebellious world & it is the Son in whom the Father has committed this duty.

`For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,...` (John 5: 22)

Thus Christ is the Chief Justice of Heaven`s supreme court. His decisions are final & beyond His verdict there is no other court of appeal. He exercises the final prerogative that is essential to judgeship; He is able to kill & to make alive.

`One only is lawgiver & judge, even He who is able to save & to destroy.` (James 4: 12)

The main official duty required of a judge is to act discreetly, wisely & justly in all decisions made. Thus we hear those who have overcome the beast, his image & his mark, singing –

`Just & true are Your ways, O King of the Nations! ....For Your judgments have been manifested.` (Rev. 15: 3 & 4)

So now as we further study the book of Revelation we will see Christ revealed to us as not only King over the nations but their Judge, executing the judgments of God upon them.

Satan, the Anti-Christ & the False Prophet, the world`s armies, all are dealt with by the righteous Judge. But for those who turn to the `Lamb,` the one slain for them, they will receive life everlasting.

Marilyn.

Mount Zion

`Then I looked, & behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, `(Rev. 14: 1)

Here is the victorious Christ, the one who overcame the enemy. He is now shown pictorially, standing on Mount Zion in the heavenlies. This is the place of rulership & authority by the King & Judge in regards to Israel & the Nations.

`You have come to Mount Zion & to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem,..` (Heb. 12: 22)

The earthly Mount Zion was where King David set up his throne in the city of Jerusalem. This was symbolic of the heavenly Jerusalem, where the heavenly Mount Zion is situated, the throne of the great King. God said He has appointed His King in this place of rulership
& authority.

God says, `I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion.`(Ps. 2: 6)
Zion: the Heb. `Tsiyown,` (Tsijon) Zion – meaning eminent, a permanent capital.

Thus we see Christ pictured on the heavenly Mount Zion appointed by God as authority in this realm to deliver Israel.....

`The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob, for this is my covenant with them, when I take away their sins.`(Rom. 11: 26 & 27)

and to rule over His enemies.

`The Lord shall send the rod of your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies.` (Ps. 110: 2)

Christ`s Rulership is not that of a dictator or a tyrant or a proud conqueror but is again revealed to us in His true colours as the Lamb of God. This sacrificial character of Christ, is the criterion that undergirds all of His character & activities.

`Then I looked, & behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, `(Rev. 14: 1)

Marilyn.

The 144,000 Priests

We now see 144,000 people with the Lamb on Mt. Zion. Who are these people? And why are they in this place of authority & power with the Lamb?

` & with Him 144,000, having His Father`s name written on their foreheads.......`(Rev. 14: 1)

The 144,000 people are the sealed servants of God, 12,000 from each tribe of Israel. This seal is symbolic of the anointing of the Holy Spirit. They were -

`...sealed ......on their foreheads. ....144,000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel.` (Rev. 7: 3 & 4)

These 144,000 have gone throughout the world witnessing of God & His coming rule upon earth. They have been martyred by the Global Leader & his armies who search for all those who do not worship the `beast.` So now we see them gathered together in the heavenlies with the `Lamb` having His Father`s name written on their foreheads. This shows that they trusted in Jehovah God & called out to Him for deliverance. These people have been prepared by God the Father as the promised priesthood to Israel.

God is talking to the children of Israel,
`Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice & keep my covenant, Then you shall be a special treasure to me above all people, for all the earth is mine. And you shall be to me a kingdom of priests & a holy nation.` (Ex. 19: 5 & 6)

The 144,000 priests having been `sealed,` `set apart, consecrated,` to the worship of God. It is a very significant number - 12 x 12, 1,000`s. The number 12 represents the 12 tribes of Israel, while the 1,000`s represent each of the divisions of the 12 tribes. (12 x 1,000)
Thus 12 x 12, 1,000`s (144,000) is the complete fulfilment of the priestly aspect of God`s Divine Government in Israel.

Marilyn.

The First Fruits.

`And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, & like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpist playing their harps. `They sang as it were a new song before the throne,.....& no one could learn that song except the 144,000 who were redeemed from the earth.`(Rev. 14: 2 & 3)

The 144,000 priests sing `a new song,` - the expression of the special purpose that God has for them. They are the priests who will reign with the Lamb for God over Israel. Later in Revelation we see them in the New Jerusalem.

We are also shown the special requirements that are needed for their suitability as priests. They had not been `defiled with women.` God refers to being defiled or `playing the harlot,` as forsaking Him.` It means spiritual idolatry. (Hosea 9: 1) However these 144,000 priests were true to their Messiah & did not get seduced by false doctrines. They followed the Lamb, showing that they obeyed Him completely for He is their Lord.

`These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes.` (Rev. 14: 4)

As `first fruits,` they are the beginning of the `harvest,` that God is about to gather from Israel. They are the first ones manifested, set apart for God`s special purpose as priests in Israel. These are part of God`s government in the New Jerusalem.

` These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits to God & to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile, for they are without fault before the throne.`(Rev. 14: 5)

Marilyn.

THE HARVEST

We are now shown the great ingathering of the harvest: those to life & those to death. These climatic events are portrayed to us in a pictorial format. At first we see 3 angels bringing proclamations of the judgments to come.

The 3 Proclamations
  1. Life

`Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth – to every nation, tribe, tongue, & people – saying with a loud voice, “Fear God & give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; & worship Him who made heaven & earth, the sea & springs of water.
2. Destruction

1. ` And another angel followed, saying, “Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.”

3. Death.

`Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast & his image, & receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation.

He shall be tormented with fire & brimstone in the presence of the holy angels & in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever & ever; & they have no rest day of night, who worship the beast & his image, & whoever receives the mark of his name.”(Rev. 14: 6 – 11)

Marilyn.

THE JUDGE

God the Father & the Holy Spirit then declare the blessing upon those who do not follow the `beast.` Though they die, because they trust in God they will have eternal life.

`Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God & the faith of Jesus. Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on,” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labours, & their works follow them.”`(Rev. 14: 12 & 13)

Now we are shown a pictorial representation of Christ as the Judge of all the earth. The different symbols help us to understand who He is & what He is about to do.

`Then I looked, & behold, a white cloud, & on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, & in His hand a sharp sickle.`(Rev. 14: 14)

One like the Son of Man – The Lord Himself put forward this title which implies the widest range of relationship including all the peoples of the earth. (Luke 19: 10 Matt. 20: 28)

A white cloud – Here the Son of Man is `covered` in light, His glory.
White – Gk. `leukos` from `luke,` light. Cloud – Heb. `arab,` covering.

A golden crown – The crown here is the Victor`s crown – overcoming the enemy.
Crown – Gk. `stephanos` a honorary wreath,

A sharp sickle – This is a gathering hook especially for harvesting & gives a clear picture of Christ executing the judgment upon all mankind.

`And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, “Thrust in Your sickle & reap, for the time has come for you to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” So He who sat on the cloud thrust in His sickle on the earth, & the earth was reaped.`(Rev. 14: 15 & 16)

Thus we see Christ the mighty Victor, crowned & clothed in glory. He received the authority from the Father (out of the Temple) & then He executed the judgment upon all mankind - those to life & those to death (reaping the harvest).

Marilyn.

The Harvest.

An angel is now shown coming out of the temple in heaven with a sharp sickle, (judgment). Another angel is then shown coming out from the altar, which indicates that because of Christ`s great sacrifice (altar) it is He who can execute the judgments (fire).

`Then another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, He also having a sharp sickle. And another angel came out from the altar, who had power over fire, & He cried with a loud cry to Him who had the sharp sickle, saying, “Thrust in your sharp sickle & gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are fully ripe.”

`So the angel thrust his sickle into the earth & gathered the vine of the earth, & threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trampled outside the city, & blood came out of the winepress, up to the horses` bridles, for 1600 furlongs.`(Rev. 14: 17 - 20)

The Prophet Joel gives us more details of this terrible Day. The city is Jerusalem & the valley where the world`s armies have been gathered is the valley of Jehoshaphat. It is here that Christ judges the nations.

”Let the nations be wakened, & come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; For there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations, Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe, Come, go down; for the winepress is full, the vats overflow – for their wickedness is great.”(Joel 3: 12 & 13)

Marilyn.

Back