Revelation

REVELATION 5:1.
"And I saw in the right hand of Him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals."

Chapter #5 is a continuation of chapter #4 from the Throne room of God.

The Trinity is presented as "Him who sat on the Trone".

"In His right hand" of the ONE/TRINITY is the teaching of " anthropomorphism ". That is a big fancy sematry word that means,
applying a human characteristic to a Spiritual fact. God is a "spirit" and does not have a right HAND but the right hand is an attribute of authority.

As we can see, something is written on the BOOK/SCHROLL and that book is sealed with 7 Seals.

Now this is very important and it goes directly toward those who are Preterist in their teachings which is that we are already in the Tribulation and have been since 70 AD.

Even the 7th Day Adventist teach the false narrative of the Tribulation when they say One of the primary teachings that SDA’s misrepresent is who fulfills prophecy as the earth beast of Revelation 13. They say that it’s the United States of America, which was founded out of a wilderness (earth), and began as a Christian nation (lamb-like) but has become like more wicked (like a dragon).

So then notice that actual words of Scripture in Verse #1........"SEALED WITH SEVEN SEALS"!

The Scroll has NEVER been opened so there is no way possible for the Tribulation to have already begun.

I will expound on this more as we continue.

That means the seals have never been broken so they must be in the FUTURE! This "BOOK/SCROLL" is the book of Judgments that will be placed upon the world during the Tribulation period.

Why would someone, who believes the bible and knows salvation is real, reject the truth they profess to believe? It doesn't make sense to me.
why did you ? or anyone else i was raised in Church . many are 13 inches from going to heaven . there is 13 inches roughly between the brain and the heart romans 10:10 with the heart man believes . i know of lost men who has read the Bible you an believe but until the spirit draws us free will gets in the way God does not force himself on anyone. it took 30 some odd years for me and a invite to federal prison .

we try so hard to understand why the lost are not saved we soon forget we was once lost And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

forgiven61, I know full well that I was living in sin before I came to Christ. You said there are people who "believe the bible and know that salvation is real" This is what I don't understand. When I accepted the truth of the bible and believed, I was then saved as were you. For someone to say something is true and then reject it is denying said truth. It's like I believe in gravity and its' effects but when I drop a ball I am expecting it to just float in the air. If I truly believe in gravity I should expect to see the results of its' effects. However, living in todays society where people can identify as anything, surely a man knows he is not a woman in reality nor is a person a cat, such people must know the truth and still reject it in their beliefs... so in that context I guess I can see it. I still think it is contradictory though. May Gods love and peace fill your home.

We will also see from Jude 14-15 that Enoch walked with God; and his preaching is given in one of the last books
of the Bible:
"Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying,
Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment
upon all,"
Judgment upon all who?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Judgment upon all who?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Jude 14-15
"“Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed............".

This refers to the 2nd Coming of Christ! When He comes again it will be to execute judgment. Jesus said the same thing on the Mt. of Olives discourse and it is seen over and over in the New Test.

forgiven61, I know full well that I was living in sin before I came to Christ. You said there are people who "believe the bible and know that salvation is real" This is what I don't understand. When I accepted the truth of the bible and believed, I was then saved as were you. For someone to say something is true and then reject it is denying said truth. It's like I believe in gravity and its' effects but when I drop a ball I am expecting it to just float in the air. If I truly believe in gravity I should expect to see the results of its' effects. However, living in todays society where people can identify as anything, surely a man knows he is not a woman in reality nor is a person a cat, such people must know the truth and still reject it in their beliefs... so in that context I guess I can see it. I still think it is contradictory though. May Gods love and peace fill your home.
It always comes back to 1 John 2:19............
“They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.”

What someone says they are is uselly not what they really are.

For someone to say something is true and then reject it is denying said truth
it goes on every day yes i knew the truth raised in Church .but i was enjoying the pleasures of sin for a season i dont know where you live but i live in the Bible belt most every one in the area has attended church for a period of time. . it dont make them any more saved than me getting a cdl and saying i am a truck driver . i was at a church preaching and i had just laid it out what the word said. altar call went out i said every eye closed head bowed no one looking.. i said if your know you need get saved raise your hand. a young teen girl raised her hand. but never got saved .
it was the next sunday i didnt go back. that always bothered me . all we can do is plant the seed water it God gives increase . i have seen people go to the altar broken crying never return back to Church . i hope you understand what i am saying and no we dont understand but i try to look back when i was lost

Jude 14-15
"“Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed............".

This refers to the 2nd Coming of Christ! When He comes again it will be to execute judgment. Jesus said the same thing on the Mt. of Olives discourse and it is seen over and over in the New Test.
that could happen any day

Why would someone, who believes the bible and knows salvation is real, reject the truth they profess to believe? It doesn't make sense to me.
Intellectual head knowledge without being born again, without truly knowing themselves as sinful in desperate need of a savior.

Well said, Dave F. and crossnote! Your posts point to the seven seals within the seven churches in Asia. Jesus rebuked Ephesus, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, and Laodicea, while encouraging Smyrna and Philadelphia.

God's scrolls (seven seals) disciplines and cautions all of us with what He is going to do with His wonderful plan for the end of the world.

Why? Jesus is coming, and the Father so loves the world that He wants us to get ready, because there is still work to do.

What work to do? The ones who hear the Bible, supposedly believe and know salvation is coming, yet reject the truth they profess to believe by following their own plan according to their limited intellect - are living in sin and in desperate need of a savior.

We have been taught to witness to the non-believers but this also includes the world intellect who insist on relying on their own understanding.
Let the world beware;

In John 6:43-47, 43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

When we reject the Truth and create our own self bible, we divide and it becomes hard to receive the indwelt of the Holy Spirit, that Christ loves us and wants to raise us up at the last day.

God bless you, brothers and your continued walk with Christ.

Well said, Dave F. and crossnote! Your posts point to the seven seals within the seven churches in Asia. Jesus rebuked Ephesus, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, and Laodicea, while encouraging Smyrna and Philadelphia.

God's scrolls (seven seals) disciplines and cautions all of us with what He is going to do with His wonderful plan for the end of the world.

What? Where did that come from? The seven seals 'within' the seven churches?

I'd have to see some apologetics for that one. The seventh seal activates the first trumpet, and the seventh trumpet activates the pouring out of the first vial (bowl or whatever one wants to address it as). So, are y'all saying that the seventh seal is the seventh church? (????) I'm not getting any of that from the text....

Say, did that come from Shepherd's Chapel?

MM

What? Where did that come from? The seven seals 'within' the seven churches?
I'd have to see some apologetics for that one. The seventh seal activates the first trumpet, and the seventh trumpet activates the pouring out of the first vial (bowl or whatever one wants to address it as). So, are y'all saying that the seventh seal is the seventh church? (????) I'm not getting any of that from the text....
Say, did that come from Shepherd's Chapel?
MM

Hello Musicmaster;

You ask a good question.

The seven seals reveals the scrolls, trumpets, vial, harp and more as you mentioned indicating the importance of the seal's contents. This represents all of what God is going to do with His wonderful plan for the end of the world.

The seven seals is written to include a warning and question to
all believers including the seven churches arriving at God's Government.
Are we worshiping and will we stand firm until the end?

MM, I don't know about the seventh seal being the seventh church? Also, I don't know Shepherd's Chapel.

God bless
you, brother.

Hello, BiF. I was just trying to wrap my brain around the idea of the seven seals having anything to do with the seven churches that existed in what is today modern Turkey. The seals are yet to be opened, given that they begin in Revelation 6.

In Revelation 6, we see each seal representing seven different things:

Seal #1 - White Horseman
Seal #2 - War
Seal #3 - Famine
Seal #4 - Death
Seal #5 - Martyrs
Seal #6 - Terror
Revelation 7 - Interlude - The 144,000 - Multitude in Heaven who had been martyred or died during the Tribulation
Revelation 8 - Seal #7 - Advent of the Seven Trumpets
Etc., etc., etc.

I've heard expositors claim that the seals, trumpets and bowls all happen in tandem rather than sequentially. :confused: That clearly violates the absolutely sequential layout that the text makes unmistakable along the timeline of this realm, paralleled with events in Heaven.

MM

Hello, BiF. I was just trying to wrap my brain around the idea of the seven seals having anything to do with the seven churches that existed in what is today modern Turkey. The seals are yet to be opened, given that they begin in Revelation 6.
Seal #1 - White Horseman
Seal #2 - War
Seal #3 - Famine
Seal #4 - Death
Seal #5 - Martyrs
Seal #6 - Terror
Revelation 7 - Interlude - The 144,000 - Multitude in Heaven who had been martyred or died during the Tribulation
Etc., etc., etc.
I've heard expositors claim that the seals, trumpets and bowls all happen in tandem rather than sequentially. :confused: That clearly violates the absolutely sequential layout that the text makes unmistakable along the timeline of this realm, paralleled with events in Heaven.
MM

Hello Musicmaster;

Thank you for expounding on the seven seals. The seals are yet to be opened, as Christ is yet to return.

As Major continues to teach on Revelation we will see how God brings the whole book together and all He is going to do.

In this study it will reveal the vision and the things to come revealed to John but we need not be afraid.

On a personal note, as you and I discussed Dr. John Barnett, I didn't know Barnett was Dr. John MacArthur's former associate pastor. I studied MacArthur's The Master's Plan for the Church in 2004. Thank you for suggesting Barnett's series on Revelation.

God bless you, brother, and your family.

Seal #1 - White Horseman
Seal #2 - War
Seal #3 - Famine
Seal #4 - Death
Seal #5 - Martyrs
Seal #6 - Terror
Etc., etc., etc.

MM
Some of revelation happened at time, much for the future, and much of it has had a partial fulfillment, with full fulfillment in End Times

Seal #1 - White Horseman
Seal #2 - War
Seal #3 - Famine
Seal #4 - Death
Seal #5 - Martyrs
Seal #6 - Terror
Etc., etc., etc.

MM

I dont know if I can be of help because you are well versed in prophecy and could very well teach me.

All I can do is show you what I understand so you will know where I am coming from.

There are 3 sets of 7 judgments, SEALS, TRUMPETS and BOWLS.

There are 7 SEAL judgments, and the 7th Seal is the set of 7 TRUMPET judgments.

The 7th TRUMPET judgment is the set of 7 BOWL judgments with the 7th Bowl/Vial being Armageddon.

Or ........7 Seals=
1............................Antichrist. (Rev. 6)
2............................War. (Rev. 6)
3.............................Famine. (Rev. 6)
4.............................Death- 1/4 of earths population (Rev. 6)
5.............................Martyrdom. (Rev.6)
6.............................Heavenly/Earthy disturbances. (Rev. 6)
7 = 7 Trumpet Judgments (Rev. 8)
1.............................1/3 of Earth smitten (Rev.8)
2.............................1/3 of Sea smitten (Rev. 8)
3.............................1/3 of Fresh water smitten (Rev. 8)
4..............................Sun, moon and stars affected (Rev.8)
5..............................Locusts torment for 5 months (Rev.9)
6..............................200 K Man Army slays 1/3 of men(Rev. 9
7 =7 Bowls/Vial Judgments
1...............................Sores on A/C followers (Rev. 16)
2................................Entire Sea smitten (Rev. 16)
3................................Entire Fresh water smitten (Rev. 16)
4. ..............................Sun scorches men (Rev. 16)
5. ..............................Darkness on the A/C seat (Rev. 16)
6.................................Euphrates River dries up (Rev. 16)
7.................................Earthquake, Hail-Babylon gone (Rev. 16-18)
ARMAGEDDON!

Last edited:
Some of revelation happened at time, much for the future, and much of it has had a partial fulfillment, with full fulfillment in End Times

I love you brother, but IMHO, nothing in the Revelation has taken place yet! The removal of the church is THE next prophetic event to take place and then all the stuff in the Rev. takes place.

But......That is just me!

Hello Musicmaster;

Thank you for expounding on the seven seals. The seals are yet to be opened, as Christ is yet to return.

As Major continues to teach on Revelation we will see how God brings the whole book together and all He is going to do.

In this study it will reveal the vision and the things to come revealed to John but we need not be afraid.

On a personal note, as you and I discussed Dr. John Barnett, I didn't know Barnett was Dr. John MacArthur's former associate pastor. I studied MacArthur's The Master's Plan for the Church in 2004. Thank you for suggesting Barnett's series on Revelation.

God bless you, brother, and your family.
I am trying!

Back