Rightly Dividing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ther
I am not sure what you are saying by having more, more.

There is the correct teaching of the law and the perverse teaching of the law, right?

When you refer to legalistic teachings, what you state is considered false teaching and also, on the part of those listening and defending such false teaching, laboring in vain?

Those teaching and those listening may not be familiar with all Scripture. NT Scripture has an example of Peter and another not knowing/understanding Scripture detailing The Risen Christ.

Luke 24:4-7, 44

And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,

Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

Luke 24:44

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

John 20:9

For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

False teaching is a serious violation of Jesus' Gospel. The Holy Spirit is our teacher and we search Scripture to conclude whether we are listening to the Spirit of Truth whenever we listen to our Pastors and teachers. For plain Ol' me, the following verses are helpful in all aspects of my life. For Pastors and teachers, these verses are helpful too.

Luke 22:39-40

And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.

And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

The challenge of looking up each listed Scripture Smith lists for each chapter of his book keeps me busy.

In The Covenantal Structure of the Bible, author Ralph Allen Smith wrote what the law was and was not.

4. The law of Moses, like every other covenant administration, included the threat of the curse for disobedience and the promise of blessing for obedience, but it was not, nor could it have ever been, a “legalistic” covenant. The Pharisaic interpretation of the law was, as both Jesus and Paul taught clearly, a perversion of the law’s true meaning. The law was given as a blessing for Israel to lead her in the way of joy, prosperity, and peace (Deu. 6:10-11, 24; 8:7ff.;10:13; 12:7, 12, 18; 14:26; 16:11, 14, 15; 26:11; 29:9; 30:5, 9, 15). The greatest blessing of the law was the tabernacle, a God-given sanctuary, His dwelling place among His people. The promise of the covenant that God would be with His people found concrete fulfillment in the gift of the tabernacle sanctuary. However, this too was clearly temporary, since the law looked forward to a more permanent sanctuary to be established in the future in an unspecified location (Deu. 12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21, 26; 14:23-25; 16:11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; etc.).

This book may freely be copied and distributed under the conditions that the content is not altered and credit is given to the author.

There are many aspects to the Law, we just can't get into in an online discussion I will say that a real depth of the law was to control or suppress the sin-nature.
They didn't even know they had a sin nature.
What they did know if they were obedient to the law they had a relationship with God. If they stepped out of that it was what was called disobedience to the law.
That is how Paul is dealing with them in the book of Romans.
It's all they knew, so not so much were they just trying to be stiffnecked but they had to keep the law.
Now I think I answered a similar question with Complete on the first page as far as you asking about the More more deal. It's a lifestyle we learn as we learn Christ who is our life, only life. So the life you live become's spontaneous. Every aspect of the Christ-life which is your life is lived out dailey.
You don't pray it up, beg it up, it just is and you know it (revelation).
That is the christian life God planned before the foundation of the world, Eph. 1:4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back