Rivers of Living Water

Rivers of Living Water

There are many symbols in the Bible that represent the Holy Spirit. Water is one of them.

John7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Have you ever felt like you were thirsty and although there was water around you, it seems others were jumping in but you couldn’t enter in? Why? You need to DRINK, not just be close to the water.

You’ve heard of leading a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink. He has to be thirsty. It does him no good to just stand in it. You can be around the River of Living Water, He can be flowing in others around you, but if you aren’t drinking it won’t be flowing through you.

Isaiah 44:3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: 4And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.

If you’re dry and thirsty come to the Water. The River of Living Water will flow out, to flood and soak that dry land.

Psalms 63:1 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is

John 4:13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will get thirsty again. 14But no one who drinks the water I give will ever be thirsty again. The water I give is like a flowing fountain that gives eternal life." 15The woman replied, "Sir, please give me a drink of that water! Then I won't get thirsty and have to come to this well again

Don’t be a spectator, begin to participate and drink of the Water that will quench your thirst and satisfy your soul.

Revelation 7:16-17

16Never again will they hunger;
never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat upon them,
nor any scorching heat.
17For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;
he will lead them to springs of living water.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Salvation through Jesus Christ is often described as "living water"--it gives us life, restores us to spiritual health, and keeps us strong throughout our days.

John 7:37-39

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: )

The image of refreshing water is used throughout the Bible to describe the spiritual cleansing and renewal that Jesus offers to those who open their hearts to the Gospel and the Holy Spirit. This passage is Jesus' famous invitation, extended to any who are thirsty, to find spiritual renewal through him.

Another instance is the woman at the well whe Jeus told her He would give her water that she would never thirst.

1 John 5:8

the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement

John 4:10
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

John 4:11
"Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?

John 4:13
Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,

John 4:14
but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

John 4:15
The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water

Another instance is the woman at the well whe Jeus told her He would give her water that she would never thirst.

GodSpeaks said:
John 4:13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will get thirsty again. 14But no one who drinks the water I give will ever be thirsty again. The water I give is like a flowing fountain that gives eternal life." 15The woman replied, "Sir, please give me a drink of that water! Then I won't get thirsty and have to come to this well again

Isaiah 44:3

3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,
and my blessing on your descendants.

John 4:14

14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

John 7:37-39

37On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38Whoever believes in me, asthe Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

Sorry , I am repeating but they need to be read and I know sometimes when I read verses over again they they stay with me .. Blessings and thanks for this thread .

Do you know some of these verses are on here 2 or 3 times? LOL . Or are you making it bigger so you can read it like the other day? :D
They're good ones.

Do you know some of these verses are on here 2 or 3 times? LOL . Or are you making it bigger so you can read it like the other day? :D
They're good ones.

Yes I know but they are good ones and need to be read again . Ok I will rest now .... LOL .... Just getting your point accross but realize you don't need any help ... He he

Yes I know but they are good ones and need to be read again . Ok I will rest now .... LOL .... Just getting your point accross but realize you don't need any help ... He he
LOL Its not that, but thought maybe I made it too small to read again.

Revelation 7:

17For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;
he will lead them to springs of living water.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

The image of refreshing water is used throughout the Bible to describe the spiritual cleansing and renewal that Jesus offers to those who open their hearts to the Gospel and the Holy Spirit.

The Water Of Life is a cleansing stream that washes us clean and makes us pure .Let it flow out. You are the vessel and He wants to flow thru you.

Isaih 58:11.... The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.

Water mentioned in the Bible is common as a metaphor for God's restoring power. Here, the image of a fresh spring gives us imaginary of the spiritual cleansing and renewal that God brings to His people.

…”and all the brooks of Judah will flow with water; and a spring will go out from the house of the Lord, to water the valley…” (Joel 3:18)

The goal here is to show us that when we love, trust and honor the Holy Spirit in our lives, blessings are poured out in such measure as to be flowing or moving all over our lives. This type of movement should be visible not only to yourself, but others as well. In fact, the verse indicates an overflow... and then I always say , my cup is full and running over ..

Ezekiel 47:1 The man brought me back to the entrance of the temple, and I saw water coming out from under the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east).
2The water was coming down from under the south side of the temple, south of the altar
3 As the man went eastward with a measuring line in his hand, he measured off a thousand cubits and then led me through water that was ankle-deep.
4 He measured off another thousand cubits and led me through water that was knee-deep. He measured off another thousand and led me through water that was up to the waist.
5 He measured off another thousand, but now it was a river that I could not cross, because the water had risen and was deep enough to swim in — a river that no one could cross.

There were different level of water. Do we want to just wade in the Water of Life or only go waist deep? If we go deep enough we can swim in the River. Jump in, the Water is fine. I want it to be over my head, and be immersed in that Living Water!

Ezekiel 47:8 He said to me, “This water flows toward the eastern region and goes down into the Arabah, where it enters the Sea. When it empties into the Sea, the water there becomes fresh. 9Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows. There will be large numbers of fish, because this water flows there and makes the salt water fresh; so where the river flows everything will live.

Everything that Living Water touches lives, because He is Life itself. Too many people are not living at all, they are just existing. There is so much more from God than many have not entered into yet.

Ezekiel 47:12 Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing

What can grow without water? Every living thing will die without it. Fruit needs waters to grow. When we are flowing with that Living Water the fruit of the Spirit will grow in you

Revelation 22:1Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. 2On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Hmmm .... Now I know why you put it so small .... he he ... that way you can pack more in the the post doesn't look so big .... LOL But I have to get out my magnifying glass .... Just kidding ... actually as I study this last passage the more I glean from it .... thanks .
What can grow without water? Every living thing will die without it. Fruit needs waters to grow. When we are flowing with that Living Water the fruit of the Spirit will grow in you

That is exactly it and the Holy Spirit being the living waters will stir us , annoint us , fill us to overflow, and equip us for daily living and that way we will see the fruit of our labour but without this constant flow we will become stagnant waters.

A side note here about the fruit trees . When I had the privilege to visit Israel , I can remember all the trees at the side of the river Jordan and they were flourishing . We too will flourish as we wait on Jesus and draw from the water of life .... The Living Waters .

Because Jesus is our anchor in the Rivers of Water.

Hebrews 6 : 19 .... We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,

That is exactly it and the Holy Spirit being the living waters will stir us , annoint us , fill us to overflow, and equip us for daily living and that way we will see the fruit of our labour but without this constant flow we will become stagnant waters.

Amen. Water that’s not moving becomes stale and stagnant. Let it flow

For years I have used the illustration of a glass with some dirt in it. When you begin to filled it with water continually it will eventually push out all the dirt and will become perfectly clean with fresh water. When rivers flow out abundantly it has such a force nothing can stand in its way but it will push and wash everything away that is in its path.

When the Living Water flows out of you forcably it will move out all the junk, the flesh, the dirt, the carnality.

For years I have used the illustration of a glass with some dirt in it. When you begin to filled it with water continually it will eventually push out all the dirt and will become perfectly clean with fresh water. When rivers flow out abundantly it has such a force nothing can stand in its way but it will push and wash everything away that is in its path.

When the Living Water flows out of you forcably it will move out all the junk, the flesh, the dirt, the carnality.

I love the illustration . Thanks

Dusty said:
…”and all the brooks of Judah will flow with water; and a spring will go out from the house of the Lord, to water the valley…” (Joel 3:18)
Judah means 'praise'. We let those praises flow out, and they are like streams of water flowing out of us, the Church, to water those dry places in the lives of those outside the church

This is why its so important to receive the Spirit and let Him flow through us. As we pray in the Spirit, we are allowing Him to pray through us. That Living Water is flowing through our whole being, touching every part of us with His Life, those parts there were dead, come alive. Those parts that are dry, He waters and refreshes. Where we were hurt, He brings healing. And what we receive from Him, we can take to others to refresh them.

Back