Rivers of Living Water

Amen. And that's what He wants all of us to do. Get so full of the Holy Spirit that it not only bubbles up but it pours out. A river pours and flows . We should be so full of the Word of God that every time we open our mouth only God's Word comes out, say what Jesus would say. And it will be powerful to change lives and influence others

AMEN and AMEN to that!!!!

Let what thus saith the Lord say....And He will reveal and say things we have never heard before. ...

I'm sure many of us have experienced that before. We start to say something, but because we are yielded to the Spirit, something else comes out our mouth LOL! And we say where did THAT come from? I wouldn't have even thought of that. It had to be the Spirit speaking forth.

It was hot off the press :) Straight from heaven

You're welcome.

Jeff got me to thinking about this again tonight when I listened to his video, and the Spirit was like a MIGHTY RUSHING RIVER of LIFE coming out of him :D !!

Definately and it is the Holy Spirit who witnesses to a person's spirit but the person also has the choice whether to accept or not .

Freedom only comes when we have accepted Jesus Christ for who He is and how He can change our life through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Rivers of Living Water

There are many symbols in the Bible that represent the Holy Spirit. Water is one of them.

Water represents Jesus. Jesus is the water that brings life to the soul. By drinking the living water one can live and never thirst again. Jesus is that Living Water.

"Christ loved the Church and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and CLEANSE it with the WASHING of WATER by the word." Ephesians 5:25,26

"Whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:14

Revelation 21:6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

On each day of the feast (the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles), the people came with palm branches and marched around the great altar. A priest took a golden pitcher filled with water from the Pool of Siloam, carried it to the temple, and poured it on the altar as an offering to God. This dramatic ceremony was a memorial of the water that flowed from the rock when the Israelites traveled through the wilderness. Perhaps at the very moment that the priest was pouring water on the altar, Jesus' voice rang out: If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.

Jesus' timing couldn't have been more perfect or His claim more explicit: He was declaring Himself to be none other than the long-awaited Messiah who would pour out the Holy Spirit, as many in the crowd immediately recognized (7:39-43). In many ways 7:37 acts as the pivot for John's account. From that point on, the hostility of Jesus' enemies mounted until they finally arrested Him (18:12) in vain hopes of shutting off the "living water."

Notice something important, this is BEFORE the Helper (Holy Spirit) has been sent, so the water had to represent Jesus, not the Holy Spirit.

And in the Old Testament we clearly learn that the water represents the Lord, Jeremiah 17:13, LORD, you are the hope of Israel; all who forsake you will be put to shame. Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken the LORD, the spring of living water.

John 7:38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 7:38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Jesus and the HS are One. That's why in some places Scripture says that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead, and other places indicate that Jesus raised himself.

But when it comes to "water", it seems it can be applied to Jesus and the HS.

Thank you for sharing.

Are you saying Jesus and Holy Spirit are the same person?

Father God, Jesus and Holy Spirit are Three separate Person's, but ONE in mind, heart, purpose, thought. They have three separate and different roles, but the objective and goal is ONE.

John 10:30 says "I and the Father are one."

And the Body of Christ are many, yet Jesus prayed that we all be ONE.

Father God, Jesus and Holy Spirit are Three separate Person's, but ONE in mind, .

Yes separate persons. And each has their own role, which Jesus fulfilled until he was seated at the first hand of the Father. His work here was finished as of Acts 1. He is no longer here. Then in Acts 2 He sent the Holy Spirit who is with us today. I already quoted this verse where John plainly tells us the water was the Spirit. Jesus had not yet risen from the dead and was prophesying what was to come.

Yes separate persons. And each has their own role, which Jesus fulfilled until he was seated at the first hand of the Father. His work here was finished....

John 19:30 clearly says it was finished. Unfortunately many cults don't believe it was finished, so they try to complete their salvation through their own works and efforts.

"You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?" - Galatians 3:1-3

Back