Romans 2... Part 2

Romans 2... Part 2

Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

This is very useful piece of scripture here. My favorite manor of teaching is by life example and every time the question, “Why are the Jews the favorite people of God,” I'm reminded of this passage and raising puppies. From every litter of pups and out of every litter of kittens I had a favorite. I did my very best to see that every one of them had the home they needed that would care for and nurture them but there was always one that caught my attention and I was slow to let them go.

Now go back to the book of Genesis and we see that God called Abram. God, being God, had the right to call out anyone He chose, but He called out His favorite. God did not ignore the rest of us, in fact He blessed the entire world through the descendants of Abram, latter named Abraham. Jesus is not just a descendant of King David, He is out of the line of Abraham also.

Some have replied to me, “What about the lost man, nobody died for his sins?” In 1pet. 2:24 we find the truth and the truth is that Jesus took the sins of the World upon Himself, that means Salvation is available for every one of us. The problem is that not every one of us is willing to bow our knee to God and to come under submission to Him.

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

In this passage we learn that one does not need knowledge of the written law to be condemned to Eternal Suffering in Hell. In Rom. 1:19-20 we found that they are without excuse for God has given every man a conscience and written on that part of every man is God's eternal law, a.k.a. Right and wrong.

This paragraph is not and should never be considered theology but is just my personal opinion. I believe that just as the Wedding Feast Parable (Matt. 22:2-14) shows us that not all in Heaven are members of the Bride of Christ or in other words there are different levels of reward, there are different levels of punishment in Hell. And I do not know again, but God being full of justice it would appear that the same might be true of the Lake of Fire. What I am absolutely certain of, without further study and prayerful study is that we all need to seek out more of the unsaved that are willing to listen and to consider the truth of the message of Jesus, the Christ of all men.

The world is filled with very good men and women, who for, no other reason than their failure to ask for forgiveness, will go to Hell and ultimately into the suffering of the Lake of Fire. We also see that the Jew, God's own chosen people, those that have heard and many that know the Law so well that they have memorized it, are not justified by that knowledge alone. To be justified by the Law of Moses a man must do the Law and fail, not even once in any area. Doing so is to have failed the entire Law!

The world is filled with very good men and women, who for, no other reason than their failure to ask for forgiveness, will go to Hell and ultimately into the suffering of the Lake of Fire. We also see that the Jew, God's own chosen people, those that have heard and many that know the Law so well that they have memorized it, are not justified by that knowledge alone. To be justified by the Law of Moses a man must do the Law and fail, not even once in any area. Doing so is to have failed the entire Law!

Ro 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The world is filled with carnally minded people who are at war with God.

Ps 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Ps 53:3 Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Ro 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

The world is only filled with good people if you look at it with a carnal mind.

Their only sin was not a failure to ask forgiveness...

Ro 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

I'm sorry Bob, I'll need to disagree. The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the sin of Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. (Mark 3:28-29) Now that means that a person dies while, say, believing in science and discrediting God. Any man that calls out for God, Rom. 10:9-10, is saved and God is faithful to complete the life changing work He begins at salvation. (1Thes. 5:24)

Back