Romans 4:16-21

Hello and welcome, this is a teaching of Romans 4:16-21

This is another look at faith (Gods persuasion) to us by his promises.

God promises the holy spirit, spirit of Christ, newness of heart, renewed mind by God learning about Jesus, joy, peace, the ability to love God, and others, prayer, relationship with God, forgiveness of sins.

Can you think of anything else?

Hello and welcome, this is a teaching of Romans 4:16-21

This is another look at faith (Gods persuasion) to us by his promises.

God promises the holy spirit, spirit of Christ, newness of heart, renewed mind by God learning about Jesus, joy, peace, the ability to love God, and others, prayer, relationship with God, forgiveness of sins.

Can you think of anything else?
Yes, He offers the fruits of the Spirit. I remember that they are not gifts
but fruits. Fruit takes time to grow; lots of time.

Yes you are right - The holy spirit have fruits that come from love; joy, peace. Still those are promises and maybe for some it does take longer than others for them to grow.

As best described by Jesus Christ our Lord:

Mark 4: 13 Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable?

14 The farmer sows the word.

15 Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them.

16 Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy.

17 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

18 Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word;

19 but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.

20 Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.”

Yes you are right - The holy spirit have fruits that come from love; joy, peace. Still those are promises and maybe for some it does take longer than others for them to grow.

As best described by Jesus Christ our Lord:

Mark 4: 13 Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable?

14 The farmer sows the word.

15 Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them.

16 Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy.

17 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

18 Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word;

19 but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.

20 Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.”
Fruit grows in its season and takes time for the tree to mature to
a point of being able and ready to bear fruit. We should not expect
that we would be planted in good ground and as a sapling bear fruit
as the fruit would outweigh our limbs' ability to hold it.

As I tell my children, 'don't try to grow up too fast'.

What do you say about this?

Sir Nazarene,

For me having no guidance made me older faster. My mother was never around to guide me or teach me many things, nor was my father. My life experience was one of no rules, and do whatever I desired. Am now 30 years old, and grateful for every terrible experiences that was chosen to be done, and every good experiences that was chosen to be done. Have been crushed and thrown around a lot in my life, and abused many others, and hated as well.

Very thankful to God for allowing to be able to make my own decisions in life.

Sir Nazarene,

For me having no guidance made me older faster. My mother was never around to guide me or teach me many things, nor was my father. My life experience was one of no rules, and do whatever I desired. Am now 30 years old, and grateful for every terrible experiences that was chosen to be done, and every good experiences that was chosen to be done. Have been crushed and thrown around a lot in my life, and abused many others, and hated as well.

Very thankful to God for allowing to be able to make my own decisions in life.
I am sorry to hear of your many misfortunes and happy to hear
that through those experiences you have grown as a better man
and follower of Jesus. Thank you for your posts and encouragement
to walk closely with Jesus.

It is a pleasure to actually share stories about myself for am not fearful of what people say or judge about me; for God looks down and sees my heart for what it now is. Also enjoy sharing life growing up for not many people know what has been my experience.

Long for a wife to share with one day that is all, but not something that is the number one priority ; being thankful towards God, and learning and growing in the knowledge of God, and really trying to live for him, is my priority.

Love to be able to share and teach about God and Jesus Christ for they are the only ones to have hope in salvation, in fact, he will use you for his own purposes when you rely on God. It will not be based on our own works yet on his grace and his own purpose to have his will carried out in your life.

Check this scripture out:

2 Timothy 1: (This is a the last letter written to Timothy by Paul while he was in prison)

Slowly read and consider every word you are reading.

8 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.

9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

First you must answer me this question: What do you believe suffering for Christ Jesus means to you?
Suffering for Christ sake is enduring a life of presence on earth.
Although I am disgusted by the things of the world in my spirit
these are also things that are alluring to the flesh.

Or, as Paul said it:

Romans 7:15-20
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:
for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

To add to that, it is suffering when we submit our own self will - in desiring instead for God's will to be done.

Submitting to the spirit, instead of the flesh. Romans 8 will go on to explain more about that.

Also it is know that people who follow God, and the Lord Jesus Christ can be difficult to deal with, and not everyone will understand them, you will strive to live at peace with everyone no matter even if they talk bad about you, or try to do you over by doing something bad to you we are called to forgive and show mercy towards others because the Lord Jesus Christ forgave us.

You die to yourself, and live for God, and the Lord Jesus Christ. The world as you talked about, it is temporary and passing away, but the words of the Lord Jesus Christ are eternal and everlasting.

Your Eternal Life (walk with God) Knowing where you stand with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ will help you have no fear, also the Lord Jesus Christ speaks about (John 14:1), here (1 John 4:18), here (2 Timothy 1:7).

This is also considered suffering.

Back