Romans 8:26-28

Greetings Friends,
I want to put forth some light on a particular scripture that gets stripped and thrown around like it's a freebie to use anywhere you want.

Now under God's direction this can be used in other situations but that is always going to need His leading.

It's Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

This is not a stand alone scripture especially when one strips the following and uses it anywhere they wish.
And we know that all things work together for good

First of all there are TWO key parts missing
1. Must Love God
2. Must be called according to His Purpose.

Second
There is a lot of evil out there that is NOT working good for anyone, there fore it renders this casual use of this scripture void and null.

Third
Yes God can work good in any situation HOWEVER a believer must line up with God's Requirements.
1. Must be walking, living and doing what is written in His Most Holy Word.
2. ANY unwillingness TO Do So Disqualifies you and He is Not able to turn it around.
.....such things as unforgiveness and holding and aught or doing things your way or demanding restitution and not walking in Love are just some of the things that keep God from working good in a situation.
.....Another is the mouth and the words you are speaking. Words either allow God and stop the enemy or they allow the enemy and stop God.

Now then back to Roman 8:26-28
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

26-28 are together as one thought.
NOTE......The Hebrew Root Word in V28 for the word THINGS...is Actually WORD.
so we have word things or just words.

Read it in context as
And we know that all WORDS work together for good of them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.

So we see between v26 and V28
The subject is both understood words
Spirit words and groanings.

To sum it all up
All Words and Growning of the Holy Spirit and Our Words work together FOR the Good of those who love God and are called according to His Purpose.

Another example.....
Jesus told the storm peace be still and it was.
Paul had to endure the storm but through prayer God agreed to spare All the Men along side paul. Paul was not going to perish for God had already said.....you will stand before kings.

Why could Paul not just use this scripture saying peace be still?
Disobedience. ....
God said if you sail you will lose the ship and cargo. They sailed anyway.
Friends there is always consequences for disobedience.

The ship would be lost no matter what because God said so.

We can not simply take bits of scripture and use it in anyway we wish and expect to get the desired results.

Obedience unto His ways including our words is always going to be a must right up their with unwavering Faith.

One does greatly error when one takes a bit of scripture and takes it at face value under human understanding.
God's truth is hidden from the world.
Blessings
FCJ

Good post. When the spirit is praying on our behalf i.e interceding He is working out these 'things'.

When reading a verse it pays to put in context with the verses around it. All things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose.

What things are working together...the saints and the holy spirit when we pray. Note that it is working TOGETHER. We cant work a thing without the holy spirit, as the holy spirit is the one actually giving us the Word or words when we pray!

Not just any things. Not the sins anyone committed or the bad things that have happened. Not the enemy trying to get us to fall or temptations or trials. Those arent working together...those thing are working against people and they are not working for our good.

Greetings Friends,

Read it in context as And we know that all WORDS work together for good of them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose. The ship would be lost no matter what because God said so. We can not simply take bits of scripture and use it in anyway we wish and expect to get the desired results. Obedience unto His ways including our words is always going to be a must right up their with unwavering Faith.

Amen, Brother Jim;

Excellent post and good timing! I tell ya, many times I was not happy with the results and had to get rid of the boat. What mattered was God fulfilled His purpose and in time I would see that He was right.

God bless you, always, and your family.

The shipwreck...I have to find that did Paul sail when he shouldn't have?

What about Jonah, God called him to go to Ninevah and he didnt want to, he wanted to go the other way, and there was a huge storm too..lol. He was praying inside the whale.

Oh ok God was warning him then. So Paul wasnt being disobedient or was he. Sometimes when we obey God we find that times will get tough and its not all plain sailing. Paul being imprisoned wasnt because he was being disobedient to God, but maybe you mean he was being disobedient to the roman authorities? Orhe was just imprisoned for no reason.
Can you clarify or refer me to the scripture passage where it says Paul was disobedient?

I dont remember this, and Paul said he was obedient to the call of spreading the gospel to the gentiles. The result of the shipwreck was all the gentiles in Malta got to hear the gospel and many were saved. So it worked out in the end.

It may have been Satan trying to prevent the gospel with the storm although I dont know that he has that much power over the elements. But he can test people, to see of they will do it in spite of all the obstacles.

Oh ok God was warning him then. So Paul wasnt being disobedient or was he. Sometimes when we obey God we find that times will get tough and its not all plain sailing. Paul being imprisoned wasnt because he was being disobedient to God, but maybe you mean he was being disobedient to the roman authorities? Orhe was just imprisoned for no reason.
Can you clarify or refer me to the scripture passage where it says Paul was disobedient?

I dont remember this, and Paul said he was obedient to the call of spreading the gospel to the gentiles. The result of the shipwreck was all the gentiles in Malta got to hear the gospel and many were saved. So it worked out in the end.

It may have been Satan trying to prevent the gospel with the storm although I dont know that he has that much power over the elements. But he can test people, to see of they will do it in spite of all the obstacles.
The Roman Soldiers and the Sailors were disobedient because they did not listen to what Paul told them that God had said.

The Roman Soldiers and the Sailors were disobedient because they did not listen to what Paul told them that God had said.
Ah ok.

Yes sometimes we are stuck with children of disobedience (or our own when we havent listened to Him) and have to deal with the consequences of their (our) foolish choices. Usually involves praying to God for a way out of the messes they (or we) have got themselves into. God's purposes will not be thwarted though.

Simply, if you love God you will trust and obey Him, but people around you may not necessarily do the same, and often may influence or tempt you to do otherwise.

Greetings Friends,
I want to put forth some light on a particular scripture that gets stripped and thrown around like it's a freebie to use anywhere you want.

Now under God's direction this can be used in other situations but that is always going to need His leading.

It's Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

This is not a stand alone scripture especially when one strips the following and uses it anywhere they wish.
And we know that all things work together for good

First of all there are TWO key parts missing
1. Must Love God
2. Must be called according to His Purpose.

Second
There is a lot of evil out there that is NOT working good for anyone, there fore it renders this casual use of this scripture void and null.

Third
Yes God can work good in any situation HOWEVER a believer must line up with God's Requirements.
1. Must be walking, living and doing what is written in His Most Holy Word.
2. ANY unwillingness TO Do So Disqualifies you and He is Not able to turn it around.
.....such things as unforgiveness and holding and aught or doing things your way or demanding restitution and not walking in Love are just some of the things that keep God from working good in a situation.
.....Another is the mouth and the words you are speaking. Words either allow God and stop the enemy or they allow the enemy and stop God.

Now then back to Roman 8:26-28
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Read it in context as
And we know that all WORDS work together for good of them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.

So we see between v26 and V28
The subject is both understood words
Spirit words and groanings.

To sum it all up
All Words and Growning of the Holy Spirit and Our Words work together FOR the Good of those who love God and are called according to His Purpose.

Another example.....
Jesus told the storm peace be still and it was.
Paul had to endure the storm but through prayer God agreed to spare All the Men along side paul. Paul was not going to perish for God had already said.....you will stand before kings.

Why could Paul not just use this scripture saying peace be still?
Disobedience. ....
God said if you sail you will lose the ship and cargo. They sailed anyway.
Friends there is always consequences for disobedience.

The ship would be lost no matter what because God said so.

We can not simply take bits of scripture and use it in anyway we wish and expect to get the desired results.

Obedience unto His ways including our words is always going to be a must right up their with unwavering Faith.

One does greatly error when one takes a bit of scripture and takes it at face value under human understanding.
God's truth is hidden from the world.
Blessings
FCJ
Don't forget Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

This fits so well with Romans 8:28 and all that Joseph went through to end up right where God wanted him.

Don't forget Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

This fits so well with Romans 8:28 and all that Joseph went through to end up right where God wanted him.
Big difference here. They did not have the Holy Spirit as We Do and we are to be Spirit Led.

Back