(Rome's colors are beginning to shine.)

Well, for those without a Biblical view of the role of Isreal in world affairs and God's plan, this move seems like a very logical option for persuing peace in the region. The fact that Rome would support this is not very suprising. Ever since Isreal became a recognized state in 1948, the eyes of Christians all over the world have turned their gaze on them, and Rome's influence seeems to me to have lost some of it's strength. The Vatican has a history of seeking power and influence in the past, either by force, or by catering to public opinion on certain matters. I believe that this is just a hint of the significant role the Vatican will play in the end times, to persue a major place at or near the head of the OWR(One World Religion). The persuit of power is a product of pride, and pride is indeed poison to the spirit.(boy is it. Pride is one of the things I struggle with the most.:mad:)
Psalm 10:4
In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God
Proverbs 8:13
To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech
Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom
Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall
Isaiah 13:11
I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins. I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless

Back