Run like the wind

PicsArt_08-08-02.22.02.jpg

flee
flē/Submit
verb
run away from a place or situation of danger.
"a man was shot twice as he fled from five masked youths"
synonyms: run (away/off), run for it, make a run for it, dash, take flight, be gone, make off, take off, take to one's heels, make a break for it, bolt, beat a (hasty) retreat, make a quick exit, make one's getaway, escape; More
run away from (someone or something).
"he was forced to flee the country"

Scram, amscray, runn oft, gone like a flash, fleet of foot, swiftly depart, choke the tempter with heel dust.

I have really been impressed by the Holy Spirit to say something about temptation of a believer. When I look back and see the temptations that God has saved me from I shiver from a chill. I do not exaggerate when I say only by grace have I lived through them.

Frighteningly many times I didn't see something as a temptation until after it had passed. We men tend to immediately think of sexual temptation and that's a biggie for younger men. But that's
Just one. There are as many temptations as people. Make certain that the devil, your adversary wants you dead and knows your weaknesses having watched you struggle with them all your life. He has a snare waiting especially for you. Every person reading this has had one or many experiences where temptation nearly took them down or perhaps did. Sobering aren't they? Maybe just plain scary depending on how far you fell by giving in to one temptation or another.

Perhaps it's pride, loving the praises of men. Maybe you're successful in business or in your job or profession and get a lot of atta boys. Heads swelled by pride are painful when deflated. The Lord will be forced to take the shine from our pride.

He told me once that pride was a golden chain and "the brighter it shines the tighter it binds". So beware your pride. It can literally destroy you. It's one of the big three;

Lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and the pride of life. Be-ware. Be-aware.

Being older now the lust of the flesh thing is not as big as once. I still have to watch my eyeballs in looking when I shouldn't. Seems like the devil lays for me more in conversations about trifles that try and go from molehills into mountains. Since my wife and I are in close proximity a lot we tend to start chewing on each other about small things. "It's the little foxes that steal the grapes".

I don't know what your weaknesses are but be certain that temptation will arrive disguised as something else. After all, an ugly snarling beast doesn't show up at your door saying "hello, I'm a temptation from the devil come destroy you". No no no. They'll show up as sweet little angels of light but after a short time their fangs will pop out of that angelic smile.

Psalm 55:21 NASB
His speech was smoother than butter, But his heart was war; His words were softer than oil, Yet they were drawn swords.

Psalm 83:2-3 KJVS
For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
[3] They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.

Be sober, look out, be careful the devil is like a ranging lion slinking around just like the videos you see of one stalking an antelope. He wants you, your children your spouse. Look out for them brethren. They may be far less experienced in these things than you.

I'm ending here with one experience. It was a dream from the Lord many years ago. It was short and to the point like all of God's wisdom. There was a sage grass field and out from me there was a large male lion. He was watching me with his tail switching back and forth as he laid there, just biding his time. Be warned and examine your life. Watch out for yourself and your family. For friends, for anyone you can. Temptation is a stalking predator.

Remember that lion friends he's watching you from concealment waiting his chance so be aware of the lion of temptation. He'll take you out and several with you.

SmartSelectImage_2017-08-08-15-23-36-556x254.png

Temptation is caused by fear of missing out.
Running away is caused by fear of getting caught out.

Using fear to combat fear is counter-productive. Better to simply change focus from fear to love of God/Truth by faith.
All our fears come from our ego (false-self), so by remaining humble is to remain aware (sober) of the truth of the matter, the truth behind all our wants and needs claimed by our ego. Creating stories of fear is just what our ego thrives on, to create meaningfulness and validity for itself. It is as cunning as the 'serpent' in the Garden of Eden.

God wants us to be fearless in Truth (faith manifested in us).

Temptation is the only thing the Bible tells us to flee - escape - run from.

1 Corinthians 6:18 KJVS
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1 Corinthians 10:13-15 KJVS
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. [14] Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
[15] I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

1 Timothy 6:10-11 KJVS
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. [11] But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

2 Timothy 2:22-23 KJVS
Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. [23] But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Hanging around temptation is unwise to say the very least.

Back