Rupert Murdoch: Bible Mogul?

I am getting really apalled with the NIV! Some say 64,000 alterations! The CBT says they are absolutly independent from Rupert which have the same goal as Philip I..lol...to rule the market....Are we finaly going to get along, now that we all use the same bible, with a vocabulary and texts more accepted by both traditionalists and liberals? lol....

I am getting really apalled with the NIV! Some say 64,000 alterations! The CBT says they are absolutly independent from Rupert which have the same goal as Philip I..lol...to rule the market....Are we finaly going to get along, now that we all use the same bible, with a vocabulary and texts more accepted by both traditionalists and liberals? lol....

Well you could always go for the NETS bible.

I don't understand this post.

Hey brother peace be with you! I am just concern that its a conflict of intrest.

First, do the scholars at CBT got something new that past translators did not, in order to make such drastic changes?

Or the NIV was order to be made to bring less agressivines if we can put this way, in order to consolidate a more lukewarn society, becoming the standart and finally sell more?

Revelation 22:18-20King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Jesus bless!

Revelation 22:18-20King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Jesus bless!

Notice the context?

THIS book, aka Revelation.

A book that almost did not make the official canon.

Back