Ruth 1:18-19

Ruth 1:18-19
KJV(i)18 When she saw that she was stedfastly minded to go with her, then she left speaking unto her. 19 So they two went until they came to Bethlehem. And it came to pass, when they were come to Bethlehem, that all the city was moved about them, and they said, Is this Naomi?
NSB(i)18 When she saw that Ruth was determined to go with her, she said no more. 19 The two of them traveled to Bethlehem. When they arrived at Bethlehem the whole town was excited because of them. The women said: »Is this Naomi?«

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 Naomi saw that Ruth was not going to leave. We sometimes as believers need to stick to our guns on certain things and when we make commitments like she did we should stay true to them the best we can. Naomi welcomed Ruth to go with her after she saw she would not leave. We should welcome help and aid, as log as it does bring praise to the Lord and not to us.

19 This would have taken time enough to for her to see Ruth was not going to turn back; it also would not an easy journey because there would be going thru some desert to arrive in Bethlehem from Moab. The people knew Naomi, she was home but Ruth was now in a strange land with one she knew being only Naomi.

Back