Ruth 2:1-3

Ruth 2:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
2 And Naomi had a kinsman of her husband's, a mighty man of wealth, of the family of Elimelech; and his name was Boaz.

2 And Ruth the Moabitess said unto Naomi, Let me now go to the field, and glean ears of corn after him in whose sight I shall find grace. And she said unto her, Go, my daughter.

3 And she went, and came, and gleaned in the field after the reapers: and her hap was to light on a part of the field belonging unto Boaz, who was of the kindred of Elimelech.

Ruth 2:1-3 The Voice (VOICE)

2 Now Naomi’s deceased husband, Elimelech, had a relative in Bethlehem, an honorable, wealthy man named Boaz.2 One day Ruth (the foreign woman who returned with Naomi from Moab) approached Naomi with a request.

Ruth: Let me go out into the field and pick up whatever grain is left behind the harvesters. Maybe someone will be merciful to me.

Naomi: Go ahead, my daughter.

3 Ruth left and went into the fields to pick up the gleanings, the grain that had been left behind by the harvesters. And so it was that the portion of the field she was working in belonged to Boaz, who was a part of Elimelech’s family.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 So he was her husband’s kin. Wealth showed God’s favor often times especially for the Jewish people; this was only true during times where they were not captives so this was not true during the time of Christ.

2 According to Jewish law they were not to go back thru the fields picking up any missed grain for people who were without could gather it to eat. This is what Jesus and His disciples were doing on the Sabbath that angered the Pharisees. We are to find the Lord’s favor.

3 So she starts to gather in Boaz’s field it is likely she went thru many fields so that she had enough from what was left over.

Back