Ruth 2:11-13

Ruth 2:11-13 King James Version (KJV)
11 And Boaz answered and said unto her, It hath fully been shewed me, all that thou hast done unto thy mother in law since the death of thine husband: and how thou hast left thy father and thy mother, and the land of thy nativity, and art come unto a people which thou knewest not heretofore.

12 The Lordrecompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LordGod of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.

13 Then she said, Let me find favour in thy sight, my lord; for that thou hast comforted me, and for that thou hast spoken friendly unto thine handmaid, though I be not like unto one of thine handmaidens.

Ruth 2:11-13 The Voice (VOICE)

Boaz: 11 I have heard your story. I know about everything you have done for your mother-in-law since your own husband died. I know you left your own mother and father, your home and your country, and you have come to live in a culture that must seem strange to you. 12 May the Eternal repay you for your sacrifices and reward you richly for what you have done. It is under the wings of Israel’s God, the Eternal One, that you have sought shelter.

Ruth: 13 I pray you will continue to look upon me with such favor, my lord. I am comforted by your kind words, even though I am not as worthy of them as even one of your servant girls.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

11 Boaz heard about the sacrifice Ruth was making she went with her mother in law to a land where she didn’t know if she would be accepted or even be able to live because she didn’t want to leave Naomi. We are born in this world but when we come to Christ in a way we make this same sacrifice for Him but for us it is simply a blessing.

12 The sacrifices we have to make for the Lord, He will respond to with blessings.

13 We are blessed by the Lord but we keep praising Him but we are to stay humble even when we are blessed it is easy to get the idea that we are entitled but we are His and are to return our blessings with praising Him.

Back