Ruth 2:14-16

Ruth 2:14-16
KJV(i) 14 And Boaz said unto her, At mealtime come thou hither, and eat of the bread, and dip thy morsel in the vinegar. And she sat beside the reapers: and he reached her parched corn, and she did eat, and was sufficed, and left. 15 And when she was risen up to glean, Boaz commanded his young men, saying, Let her glean even among the sheaves, and reproach her not: 16 And let fall also some of the handfuls of purpose for her, and leave them, that she may glean them, and rebuke her not.
NSB(i) 14 At mealtime Boaz said to her: »Come here, that you may eat of the bread and dip your piece of bread in the vinegar.« So she sat beside the reapers. He served her roasted grain. She ate and was satisfied and had some left over. 15 She rose to glean. Boaz commanded his servants, saying: »Let her glean among the sheaves, and do not bother her. 16 »Pull some heads of grain out of what has been corded up and drop them for her to take. Say no sharp word to her.«

These are my thoughts, please share yours.
14 Boa had her come back to eat while picking in a field to get food to keep from starving was allowed under the law, he did more by having her come to eat. She ate al she needed and all she wanted. When we get the Living Bread we will be full.
15-16 Boaz wanted to make sure that she could get her fill from his land so she wou not have to go elsewhere. Ruth found a true friend.

Well, I think Boaz took Ruth as wife. So maybe more human considerations were involved? You seem to post alot on the book of Ruth. May I ask why without giving offense?

Back