Ruth 2:20-21

Ruth 2:20-21
KJV(i)20 And Naomi said unto her daughter in law, Blessed be he of the LORD, who hath not left off his kindness to the living and to the dead. And Naomi said unto her, The man is near of kin unto us, one of our next kinsmen. 21 And Ruth the Moabitess said, He said unto me also, Thou shalt keep fast by my young men, until they have ended all my harvest.
NSB(i)20 Naomi said to her daughter-in-law: »May Jehovah bless him. The man is kind to the living and to the dead.« Then Naomi admitted to her: »The man is of our family, one of our near relatives.« 21 Ruth the Moabitess said: »Truly, he said to me: ‘Keep near my young men till all my grain is cut.’«

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

20 Naomi gave praise not to Boaz for what he had did but gave praise to the Lord that He sent Boaz and thanked God that Boaz was so kind. We should be like Naomi and thank God and give Him praise for those He sends our way with blessings and kindness. Naomi who recently been in a state of grief found that the Lord still cared for her and looked after her even after the troubles had passed. We are to be like and trust God even thru the times of trouble because these times we will need Him the most. Noami then after praising the Lord and giving Him the credit turns her focus to the man God used Boaz who was not the nearest of kinsmen but was a close kin perhaps a cousin of her Husband who had passed because if he was the next of kin it would be his duty and he would have not had to ask for permission.

21 Ruth then tells Naomi more of Boaz had told her. Boaz wanted to make sure that they had enough food; he cared for them as he would his own family. Jesus cares for us as His own even before we came to Him by faith, He loved us.

Back