Ruth 2:4-7

Ruth 2:4-7
KJV(i)4 And, behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said unto the reapers, The LORD be with you. And they answered him, The LORD bless thee. 5 Then said Boaz unto his servant that was set over the reapers, Whose damsel is this? 6 And the servant that was set over the reapers answered and said, It is the Moabitish damsel that came back with Naomi out of the country of Moab: 7 And she said, I pray you, let me glean and gather after the reapers among the sheaves: so she came, and hath continued even from the morning until now, that she tarried a little in the house.
NSB(i)4 Boaz came from Bethlehem. He said to the grain-cutters, »Jehovah is with you.« They answered: »Jehovah gives you his blessing.« 5 Boaz asked his servant who was in authority over the cutters: »Whose young woman is this?« 6 The servant said: »It is a Moabite girl who came back with Naomi out of the country of Moab.« 7 She said to me: »Let me come into the grain-field and pick up the grain after the cutters.« So she came, and has been here from morning till now, without resting even for a minute.
These are my thoughts, please share yours.
4 Boaz was a man of God because of this he would be the ancestor to David and Jesus. Boaz was the type of person you wanted to work with or even work for because he cared. Boaz was the type of person who would do his best to help you if he could.
5 Boaz also pat attention and was the type of person who would step in to help if he needed to do so. It was uncommon for women to go into the fields. Women were not independent from a man in most causes. Boaz may have wanted to know because her man should be the one gather food not her. Men cared for women by doing labor in the fields; women took care of the house.
6-7 Moabites were not looked on very well but Boaz would have known of Naomi. Moabites were a race that came out of incest, Israel did not have much to do with them but Ruth showed she would work as hard as the men to survive. Women were often viewed as inferior but Ruth worked all day with only a break. Women are often today house keepers as well as workers fulfilling both roles.

Back