Ruth 3:13-14

Ruth 3:13-14 King James Version (KJV)
13 Tarry this night, and it shall be in the morning, that if he will perform unto thee the part of a kinsman, well; let him do the kinsman's part: but if he will not do the part of a kinsman to thee, then will I do the part of a kinsman to thee, as the Lord liveth: lie down until the morning.

14 And she lay at his feet until the morning: and she rose up before one could know another. And he said, Let it not be known that a woman came into the floor.

Ruth 3:13-14 The Voice (VOICE)

Boaz: 13 Spend the rest of the night here. In the morning, I will give him the chance to act as your kinsman-redeemer andredeem you and your family. If he is willing to do this, good. But if he is not willing to fulfill his responsibility, then as the Eternal One lives, I promise I will redeem your family by marrying you. Now remain here until morning comes.

14 So Ruth lay at his feet until earlymorning—then she got up to leave while it was still dark, before she could be recognized by anyone, because Boaz realized no one should know the woman was on the threshing room floor.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 For her to trust that God would take care of this was big and is hard she had to follow the law which meant while she wanted to marry Boaz she may have to marry this other guy who was being neglectful towards her otherwise he would have already married her. We have to trust God to work things out like this the same way. Boaz was not going to take as his before she became his but he lets her sleep there, this shows a loving heart on his part. Often times we want to take them as ours before we make that commitment which is sin.

14 This would hurt both how they saw them, this would also cause the kinsmen redeemer to have an issue with Boaz, he could have claimed Boaz took what was his in Ruth. Sometimes our testimony could be hurt simply because of what others think could have happened.

Back