Ruth 4:1-2

Ruth 4:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
4 Then went Boaz up to the gate, and sat him down there: and, behold, the kinsman of whom Boaz spake came by; unto whom he said, Ho, such a one! turn aside, sit down here. And he turned aside, and sat down.

2 And he took ten men of the elders of the city, and said, Sit ye down here. And they sat down.

Ruth 4:1-2 The Voice (VOICE)

4 At that same time, Boaz went to the city gate and he sat down. Just then, the kinsman-redeemer of the family he had told Ruth about walked by.

Boaz: My friend, come and sit down with me for awhile. We have some business.

So the man came and sat down beside Boaz. 2 Before he spoke further to the man, he gathered together 10 elders from the city and asked them to preside there, which they did.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Boaz went to the gate because at this time it was where the men commonly met, he went to find Ruth’s next of kin to talk to him as he told her he would. Boaz finds him and talks to him, we should not put off what we tell others we will do.

2 The leaders are there both to make sure they keep the law and that they could be witnesses to what happened. Boaz had a right to marry Ruth if this man didn’t according to the law but if this man claimed that he would marry her and Boaz already did it was seen as adultery.

Ruth 4:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Boaz went to the gate because at this time it was where the men commonly met, he went to find Ruth’s next of kin to talk to him as he told her he would. Boaz finds him and talks to him, we should not put off what we tell others we will do.

2 The leaders are there both to make sure they keep the law and that they could be witnesses to what happened. Boaz had a right to marry Ruth if this man didn’t according to the law but if this man claimed that he would marry her and Boaz already did it was seen as adultery.
'Then went Boaz up to the gate, and sat him down there:
and, behold, the kinsman of whom Boaz spake came by;
unto whom he said, "Ho, such a one! turn aside, sit down here."
And he turned aside, and sat down.
And he took ten men of the elders of the city,
and said, "Sit ye down here."
And they sat down.'

(Ruth 4:1,2)

Hello Clark,

Don't you just love this story? Of Boaz and Ruth. I do.

It is an illustration of the role of the Kinsman-Redeemer - he who has the right of redemption. The Lord Jesus is our Kinsman-Redeemer, isn't He, and He has redeemed us.

' ... Giving thanks unto the Father,
which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son:
In Whom we have redemption through His blood,
even the forgiveness of sins:
Who is the image of the invisible God,
The Firstborn of every creature: ... '

(Col 1:12-15)

Praise His Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris (Complete in Christ)

Back