Sabbath 4/1/17 Alfred Station NY Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Ken sermon “Abraham’s Faith a Prototype”

Sabbath 4/1/17 Alfred Station NY Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Ken sermon “Abraham’s Faith a Prototype” Galatians 3:6-9, Genesis15:1-6

Did you receive the Spirit by works of Law or by Faith? Does God do miracles by works of Law or by hearing our Faith? Paul shot down the myth that the Jews, because of being descendants of Abraham, are the only people of God. And that the Galatians had to follow the Law and be circumcised because Faith is not enough. And that to be righteous you must practice the Law. To shoot these myths down, to do a myth buster, Paul presented the facts. You show the truth and you present facts to bust the myth.

Paul presented spiritual facts to bust the myth of the Law. In Genesis 15:1-6, God has a dialog with Abraham thru a vision. A vision is one that you can participate in and a dream is one where you just observe. In the vision God says to Abraham that He is his shield and that He will bless him. Abraham complains to God in verse 2-4 about not having a descendant-a child to be his heir. Abraham’s servant would get everything. Abraham was 99 years old and his wife Sarah was 90 years old. They were both too old to have children. In the New Testament, Mary says to the angel Gabriel that “nothing is impossible with God”. She says this when he tells her that she being a virgin, will give birth to Jesus the Son of God. Nothing is impossible with God!! When Abraham looked up into the sky that night, he saw lots and lots of stars in the darkness. God told him to count the stars because this was the number of his seed and his descendants. God says the same to us. He made all these stars and He can do all the miracles that we need Him to do.

It is by Faith and not by the Law that we are blessed by God. Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him as righteousness. Exodus 20-the Law came after Genesis 15-the Faith of Abraham. There are 430 years between Abraham believing God and the Law of Moses. Abraham has Begetting descendants and has Believing descendants. Begat is to give birth to. The Believing descendants will be blessed through Abraham also. All the believing and all the Jewish nations will be blessed through Abraham. Abraham said “I hear from God, I believe” and so it is counted unto me for righteousness. Abraham introduced this methodology to the Jewish people and to all of us.

The Bible says we are all sinners but Jesus Christ died for us. We say “I believe in Jesus” then the balance sheet is corrected and we are righteous. Question? Who’s your daddy? Long ago God spoke to the prophets. In these last days, God has spoken to us through His son Jesus Christ. If I hear and believe then it’s counted to me as righteousness because it’s an act of Faith. Abraham is our daddy and God is our Lord God Almighty. God sees us through Jesus Christ, standing in righteousness.

AMEN

Back