Sabbath

Sabbath

Under the new covenant are we require to keep the Sabbath?
If we don't keep the Sabbath what is our punishment?
What day does the Sabbath fall on?

The Sabbath is the forth commandment and is not annulled.
Christ Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath and the sabbath was made for the sake of man but to be kept Holy.Not one letter of the Law shall be annulled.
Lord Jesus came not to annul the law but to fulfil it.
Sabbath is Law.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]On the seventh day of creation, God rested from all the work of the previous six days of creation (See the Book of Genesis). The Torah tells the Jewish people that they also should rest on the seventh day. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]In Judaism, days are counted from sunset on one day until sunset on the next day. So the seventh day of creation corresponds to sunset on Friday evening to sunset on Saturday evening.

[/FONT]The 4th commandment states that no-one shall work on the sabbath. (Exodus 20:8-9)

Exodus 31:15 goes on to say that anyone working on the sabbath must be put to death.

Lord Jesus died for our sins not in our sins.

One can lose their salvation if they drift away from the commandments of God.

Thankyou for reasoning in the Holy Spirit

Godbless you and your family in Jesus name

brother in Christ
Rodger

To me, the importance is not in which day it is kept, but in that we set aside a day for God and for rest. Don't misunderstand me, as every day should be spent with God and he should be first in all things. But I believe that the act of having a Sabbath is the act of setting side one day to honor and glorify him and all the he is and has done. The importance is not in a legalistic act of counting minutes or selecting a day. The importance is in the meaning behind the setting aside of a day and in what we do on that day. If we allow ourselves to get so caught up in laws and legalism, then we miss the beauty beyond those things.

Just my thoughts... I know I did not explain it well. :)

To me, the importance is not in which day it is kept, but in that we set aside a day for God and for rest. Don't misunderstand me, as every day should be spent with God and he should be first in all things. But I believe that the act of having a Sabbath is the act of setting side one day to honor and glorify him and all the he is and has done. The importance is not in a legalistic act of counting minutes or selecting a day. The importance is in the meaning behind the setting aside of a day and in what we do on that day. If we allow ourselves to get so caught up in laws and legalism, then we miss the beauty beyond those things.

Just my thoughts... I know I did not explain it well. :)

thank you for your post

Back