Safe in my garden

I need to get me some pinestraw.
Off to feed my worms...did I tell you I became a farmer...have my own worm farm now.

But then I was reading this book about human manure used for composting. I dont know how we came to flushing all our manure into the sea but I suppose we can thank the Romans for that? In the Bible I think the Israelites just buried it.

Amens/Likes: Cturtle

Cturtle

Senior Moderator / Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
I need to get me some pinestraw.
Off to feed my worms...did I tell you I became a farmer...have my own worm farm now.

But then I was reading this book about human manure used for composting. I dont know how we came to flushing all our manure into the sea but I suppose we can thank the Romans for that? In the Bible I think the Israelites just buried it.
Congratulations on your worm farm. I have seen many people who have used table scraps and waste for their worm farm, one was a family that lives in a bus in New Zealand. It seems like a good process. Interesting to learn about for sure.

Amens/Likes: Lanolin
Ive not seen a witchhazel I dont think it grows in my area as we dont get snow.
Other cool plants that we cant really grow here - tulips, paeonies, lilac and wintersweet.

But we can grow sub tropical plants like bananas, hibiscus and gardenias. Am very blessed that in Auckland we have a year round growing season, but the downside is the weeds like to grow year round too!

Lanolin - We have a "country" quote here in the US that, "weeds are plants that have not learned to grow in straight rows." :LOL:.....:).....:D
Haha
Weeds are just plants in the wrong place. Thats what everyone says. However I dispute that because perfectly good plants sometimes just need to be moved to the right place to flourish. But the place for actual weeds is either in the compost bin or to be burned.

Hey guys,

My latest project is re-pointing the wall in my garden. I have a small courtyard garden and the back wall is falling to pieces. If I don't take action, there will be no garden/shared garden with a dodgy neighbour lol. So I'm waiting for the good weather (in the UK) to fix my wall. But in the meantime I made an impulse purchase of a little olive tree. It's sitting there in it's little pot, waiting... It's full of tiny buds, and I know it wants to be planted in the ground. But not until the wall is fixed. I have Jasmine that's years old, and is growing up another flint wall, it looks gorgeous and smells divine in the Summer, and it's next to an Alder bush that has grown and now acts as an umbrella in the Summer, to sit underneath. I can't wait to get out there and start fixin!!! Just praying for the weather(y)

Blessings

Annie x

(My kitchen has a big bag of sand and a big bag of cement in it, so all the more reason to crack on!!!)

Cturtle

Senior Moderator / Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Hey guys,

My latest project is re-pointing the wall in my garden. I have a small courtyard garden and the back wall is falling to pieces. If I don't take action, there will be no garden/shared garden with a dodgy neighbour lol. So I'm waiting for the good weather (in the UK) to fix my wall. But in the meantime I made an impulse purchase of a little olive tree. It's sitting there in it's little pot, waiting... It's full of tiny buds, and I know it wants to be planted in the ground. But not until the wall is fixed. I have Jasmine that's years old, and is growing up another flint wall, it looks gorgeous and smells divine in the Summer, and it's next to an Alder bush that has grown and now acts as an umbrella in the Summer, to sit underneath. I can't wait to get out there and start fixin!!! Just praying for the weather(y)

Blessings

Annie x

(My kitchen has a big bag of sand and a big bag of cement in it, so all the more reason to crack on!!!)
Excited to see the pictures :)
Joining prayers for good weather

I'd like to show you my garden...but I don't have any pictures yet.
However, you all invited to read what I've been up to in my rambling garden diary blog.
I started this garden recently after studying horticulture for a bit and NOW I sort of know how to do it.

http://ramblinggarden.blogspot.co.nz

I'm wondering if you have a garden what kind of special features have you put in..? To make it your safe quiet place?
Lanolin:

You are in Aotearoa..I used to live there in Levin…we have a lemon bush and a small garden with an enclosed compost heap in the corner..
Grew the largest lettuce I’ve seen anywhere outside NZ. We also had a grape arbor that was at the entrance to the garden….

APAK

Amens/Likes: Lanolin and Cturtle