Salvation And Glory

Monday, June 23, 2014, 5:59 a.m. – the Lord Jesus put the song in mind, “He Lifted Our Burdens.” I read Revelation 18-19 (quoting selected verses in the NIV).

Come Out!

Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“‘Come out of her, my people,’
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.”
~ Rev. 18:4-5​

Beginning in chapter 14 of Revelation we have been reading about Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries. I believe that, in this context, this is speaking of a specific place in the world and/or a specific entity. I believe Babylon the Great is America, or more specifically it is our center of government in D.C. and in NYC, the U.N., the Federal Reserve, and our military force, etc. We and our allies are the ones going throughout the world, including inside the U.S., deceiving, looting, murdering innocents, blaming others for our crimes, and then taking over the governments and peoples of nations. Also we are killing true followers of Jesus Christ and those who pose a threat to the rule of the beast (the N.W.O.), and those who have not willingly cooperated with the goals and objectives of the N.W.O. Our military alone comprises about 90% of the international forces in these various countries throughout the world, the last time I checked.

The command here is for us to come out of her so that we don’t share in any of her sins. Certainly there is a broader interpretation to the term Babylon which can be implied here, as well, and that is that Babylon represents the world system. We are all commanded to come out from the world of sin and to be separate, for what fellowship has light with darkness? (See 2 Co. 6:14-18) Being holy means to be set apart from the world of sin and set apart to God, and we are all commanded to be holy because God is holy. We are also instructed that we are not to love the world or anything in the world – “the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life” (See 1 Jn. 2:15-17). So, we should all evaluate in what ways we are partakers in this world of sin, and where we need to “come out” and be separate. This includes what we take into our eyes, minds and hearts via the things we watch, read and listen to, the lies we buy into, and what we are entertained by.

Yet, I believe we are also commanded to come out from under the influence of worldly governments and institutional churches, too. I believe the institutional church in America, via the 501c3 non-profit corporation status, is “in bed” with the U.S. government, which I believe to be Babylon the Great, and of Satan, and that Jesus Christ is calling out to his church to come out from union with our government so that we don’t share in her sins. I also believe that much of the institutional church here in America has bought into the lies of Satan, has adopted the ways of man over the ways of God, is following a false gospel of salvation, and is teaching books written by men over the word of God. Much of the institutional church here in America is following man more than they are following God, and they are utilizing the marketing schemes of men for how to build their churches instead of allowing Jesus Christ to be the one to build his church his way, using his methods. So, I believe God is calling out to his true church to come out from underneath the influence of what is falsely called church, but which are truly businesses and corporations of men.

A Great Multitude

After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:

“Hallelujah!
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
for true and just are his judgments.
He has condemned the great prostitute
who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.
He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”
~ Rev. 19:1-2​

So, who is this great multitude in heaven? They could be angels. They could also be the saints of God both in heaven and those on the earth who have heaven as their home.

The scene here is that God has just judged Babylon the Great. She has fallen from power. I believe this is America. We will fall. The world system will fall, too.

After that this multitude in heaven will give praise to God for his salvation, glory and power. It isn’t as though they get great pleasure in the death of humans, though, but perhaps they have observed over a very long time the atrocities committed by the US/UN, as well as by the institutional church here in America, and they have grieved and wept over the pain and deception inflicted upon human lives by this Babylon the Great. Perhaps they have wept and prayed for God to intervene on behalf of innocent lives, to open blinded eyes so they are no longer deceived, and to bring revival to the church here in America and throughout the world, as well as they prayed for the salvation of souls. And, so they rejoice in God’s salvation, glory and power because they see that this judgment has brought about the salvation of souls, the revival of the church, the opening of blinded eyes, and the cessation of buying into Satan’s lies by those whose eyes are now or will be opened. Amen!

The Bride Made Ready

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

“Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.”
(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.” ~ Rev. 19:6-9​

When we accept God’s invitation to his great salvation by God’s grace, through faith, which are both gifts of God, yet gifts which we must appropriate to (adopt into) our own lives, we enter into a relationship with Jesus Christ which is much like a marriage contract like they had in old Bible times. Although the actual consummation of the marriage has not taken place, i.e. our salvation has not yet been made complete, we are like a bride walking down the church aisle, our eyes focused on our Lord – our groom - fully committed to this relationship, i.e. representing our spiritual walk with him. We are also like the bride who has had her hand given in marriage to her groom, and who has taken the oath to love, honor and obey; to be faithful, and to keep herself only to him for as long as they both shall live. We, the true saints of God, the true church, are the bride. Jesus Christ is our husband.

So, what does it mean when it says that the bride has made herself ready? How can she do that? Wouldn’t that be considered works-based salvation? No! We make ourselves ready by trusting in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We make ourselves ready by walking in his Spirit, in his holiness and righteousness, in his power and strength and wisdom within us. And, we make ourselves ready by submitting to the cross of Christ in willingly dying with Christ to our old lives of sin and self, and by allowing the Spirit of God to transform us in heart and mind and to make us into new creations in Christ Jesus, living holy lives pleasing to God (See Ac. 26:16-18; Ro. 6-8; 2 Co. 5:15; Gal. 2:20; Eph. 4:17-24 & 1 Jn. 1-5).

There is no way we can be ready for our groom/husband and the wedding, and the consummation of the marriage relationship, if we are operating in the flesh. It is not obedience to Christ if we are trying to follow a set of rules by human effort. Obedience is submission to God and to his work of grace in our lives, and it recognizes that all power, wisdom and strength must come from the One who saved us and not from within ourselves. The Bible says that God’s grace teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled and upright lives in this present age (see Tit. 2:11-14) while we wait for our Lord’s return. This is how we make ourselves ready. Are you ready?

He Lifted Our Burdens / An Original Work / February 15, 2014

Based off Isaiah 9:2-7

People walk in darkness.
They abide in their sin.
It has power o’er them.
True belief escapes them.

Jesus Christ came to save them.
He gave His life up for them;
Crucified; died for our sin,
So we might be forgiven,
And have life up in heaven.

Many come to know Him.